HGH to combat excess skin?

Hi, first post in this forum.

So I've recently learned that hgh is used by the elderly to combat many aging effects, one such effect being wrinkly loose skin. I'm just trying to learn a little bit more about this. In my google searches, I came across a thread here from five years ago:

steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/102239-loose-skin.html

In post #3, Deepglute recommended HGH to the OP if he was over 35. Now, I'm still in college, but my weight loss was completed two years ago and the skin is still lose, so it isn't going to tighten up on it's own, and I can't afford surgery nor do I particularly want to take the risk and have to go through the long recovery process. I would probably need two surgeries as well, one for my abdominal/waist and one for thighs/ass. Also, I don't have that much lose skin, so I would rather try something like this first.

I have researched hgh a little bit and it seems like a prescription would cost me between $800 - $2500 a month which is also out the question. I don't know if one of those anti-aging clinics would even prescribe it to me in the first place, but I would probably try to pull something like Chris Bell did in Bigger Faster Stronger if I were to seek a prescription.

Anyway, I found this nonprescription secretagogue hgh that is only $100 for a month's supply. It is called Pro HGH. On this page below there are some statistics listed that look good, almost too good.

antiagingguide.com/pro_hgh.htm

Is that^ legit? I know it is for anti-aging, but would it help serve my purpose? The extra muscle gains would also be quite welcome.

Thank you.

im not sure where you are gettin your pro gh info but be careful as gh is faked alot!

also its not going to be able to tighten up skin that much bro....ive been on it for 6 months now and I cant say that my skin is extra tight..maybe a little but not that much

Welcome to the site Jason!

Anything other than HGH by injection in not effective. There are certain OTC supps that can slightly raise your levels but nothing close to the levels that most of us are looking for.

If your sole intention is to use HGH to tighten some loose skin I would suggest you look into minor surgery that can do this for you without you playing with your hormones.

If you are an older guy, over 33, HGH can be a good addition to anyones life used in an anti aging type regimen.

Is it some magic hormone that will tighten skin from someone who has lost a bunch of weight? I don't think so. It will improve the look of the skina nd tighten it up some but it's not going to get rid of any pouches etc.

So it does help a little bit? I don't have that much, no pouches or anything. Here are some pics. And yes, I am aware there is still fat attached to it. I've been leaner in the past though and it was still there, and I can tell it stretches too much to be normal. I shouldn't have these love handles.

1230111153.jpg

1230111154.jpg

1230111155.jpg

1230111155a.jpg

1230111157.jpg

HGH doesn't help enough for that? If I have to get surgery I guess I have to, but I'm not going to be able to afford two $8k surgeries until after college. I couldn't use this skin up with a reasonable amount of muscle could I?

Edit: sorry, the image tags are broken on this forum or something. Here is a link to the whole image shack folder: imageshack.us/g/864/1230111153.jpg/

Last edited:
all you need to do is bulk up bro. That skin will tighten up. It didnt look that bad just looks like you need some size. I wouldnt waste the money on the gh

How much bulking are we talking about here? Over the past two years I have been doing soo much cardio to keep the fat off that my lifts never go up. I've meant to bulk up again, but I keep trying to get a little leaner first and it is difficult, being an endomorph. And remember the fat loss is two years old, and the skin hasn't tightened up any. I have stretch marks, which signify that the skin has lost it's elasticity I believe? It is hard to see them because they are faded. If I was gonna bulk up it would all come from bulking, no skin tightening. Any estimates here on mass and time this will take?

How much bulking are we talking about here? Over the past two years I have been doing soo much cardio to keep the fat off that my lifts never go up. I've meant to bulk up again, but I keep trying to get a little leaner first and it is difficult, being an endomorph. And remember the fat loss is two years old, and the skin hasn't tightened up any. I have stretch marks, which signify that the skin has lost it's elasticity I believe? It is hard to see them because they are faded. If I was gonna bulk up it would all come from bulking, no skin tightening. Any estimates here on mass and time this will take?

dude, just start liftin weights and build your muscles up, ur muscles will grow and stretch the skin, how much? does it matter? just do it till ur happy with yourself
How long? long enough just get in the gym
these questions cannot be answered
u might not grow that fast, u might grow really fast
someon here could say 6 months, but not knowin how dedicated you are , it could take you 6 years
its all on u
as of right now what I would do is start learning how to eat and lift to grow
and then go to war with yourself.

Get on a diet and concentrate on the compound lifts. I think you are crazy, your skin looks normal you are just underdeveloped.

Last edited:
bro seriously, get with 3j in the diet forum. He will get you the exact results you are looking for. Also remember that lifting weights burns cals as well. Dont just do cardio

Get on a diet and concentrate on the compound lifts. I think you are crazy, your skin looks normal you are just underdeveloped.

Did you look at all the pics? It looks kind of normal, but it isn't. I have this decently sized potbelly when I sit from the skin folding on itself. I should have posted one of those. Like I said before, I know I am lean enough not to have those love handles.

bro seriously, get with 3j in the diet forum. He will get you the exact results you are looking for. Also remember that lifting weights burns cals as well. Dont just do cardio

I'll try it, but there is only so much I can do when I live in a frat house and am kind of limited to what the cook makes. And yeah, I lift weights, but I need to quit cardio and some how find out how to get decent food to get some muscle. I know generally what to eat, oatmeal, chicken, that kind of stuff. I'll see what we can do.

Thanks

Did you look at all the pics? It looks kind of normal, but it isn't. I have this decently sized potbelly when I sit from the skin folding on itself. I should have posted one of those. Like I said before, I know I am lean enough not to have those love handles.

I'll try it, but there is only so much I can do when I live in a frat house and am kind of limited to what the cook makes. And yeah, I lift weights, but I need to quit cardio and some how find out how to get decent food to get some muscle. I know generally what to eat, oatmeal, chicken, that kind of stuff. I'll see what we can do.

Thanks

so you dont have access to a fridge or a stove? man what does the cook make every night, pizza?

'oatmeal, chicken that kind of stuff"

Noooooo. You definitely need some 3J in your life if that is what you think my friend!

He doesn't cost much and I'm betting he could make some changes in your diet that would bring big gains and fast!

seems like u looking for the "get rich quick scheme" of building a new body...

breaking news for ya bro... doesn't exist! start busting your balls in the gym, don't cut out the cardio AND u MUST eat some real food...

no short cuts

seems like u looking for the "get rich quick scheme" of building a new body...

breaking news for ya bro... doesn't exist! start busting your balls in the gym, don't cut out the cardio AND u MUST eat some real food...

no short cuts

Are you saying all those info merchials are lying?

First of all, sorry I didn't get back to this for a week.

Oatmeal and chicken aren't good? 3J can make me something better than this?

Got it here btw: bodybuilding.com/fun/docs/2007/bulkingforendomorphs.pdf

Supplement Option #1 (Morning Trainer)
Meal 1 (Complex carbs such as oatmeal)
***8226; 1 Capsule Sesamin + 100 mg R-ALA + 500 mg ALCAR
Workout Nutrition***8212;6 Scoops Xtend
Meal 2 (Complex carbs such as sweet potatoes)
***8226; 2 Capsules Fish Oil + 2 Capsules CLA + 100 mg R-ALA + 500 mg ALCAR
Meal 3
***8226; 1 Capsule Sesamin
Meal 4
***8226; 2 Capsules Fish Oil + 2 Capsules CLA
Meal 5
***8226; 1 Capsule Sesamin
Meal 6
***8226; 2 Capsules Fish Oil + 2 Capsules CLA
***Vegetables and Fruit should be consumed for carbs in all meals not marked complex
carbs.

Supplement Option #2 (Evening Trainer)
Meal 2
***8226; 2 Fish Oil Capsules + 2 CLA Capsules
Meal 3
***8226; 1 Sesamin Capsule
Meal 4
Meal 5 (Complex carbs such as sweet potatoes)
Meal 6
***Vegetables and Fruit should be consumed for carbs in all meals not marked complex
carbs.

Diet Option #1 (Morning Trainer)
***8226; 2 Servings Complex Carbs
***8226; 4-6 Servings Protein
***8226; 2-3 Servings Fat
Meal 2 (Complex carbs such as sweet potatoes)
Meal 3
***8226; 1 Serving Fruit
***8226; 2-3 Servings Vegetables
Meal 4
Meal 5
***8226; 1 Serving Fruit
Meal 6

Diet Option #2 (Evening Trainer)
Meal 2
***8226; 1 serving Fruit
Meal 3
Meal 4
***8226; 1 Serving Fruit
Meal 5 (Complex carbs such as sweet potatoes)
Meal 6

Simply choose foods from the High Performance Food List in chapter 10 to meet
the suggested servings for each meal. The number of protein, fat, complex carb, fruit, and
vegetables serving can be adjusted to keep you gaining. If you are gaining too much fat,
decrease the servings. If you aren***8217;t gaining weight, increase the servings.

Chapter 10
- High Performance Food List
High Performance Nutrient Selection

Starches (equal to 1 serving of Carbohydrate)
12-15 grams carbohydrate

BREADS
* Bagel - whole-wheat, oat-bran, 9-grain (3.5 inch) ½ or 42g
* Bread - whole-wheat, oat-bran, 9-grain 1 slice or 32g
* Ezekiel bread (sprouted grains NO FLOUR) 1 slice
* Whole Wheat English muffin ½ or 33g
* Whole Wheat Pita bread (6.5 inch in diameter) ½ or 32g
* Whole Wheat Tortilla, 6 inches across 1 or 35g

CEREALS & GRAINS
* Barley (pearled) (dry) 1.25 tbsp or 15.6g
* Kashi Medley 1/3 cup or 19.8g
* Cream of Wheat regular or quick (dry) 1.5 tbsp or 16.7g
* Granola, low-fat (Heartland brand) 2.5 tbsp or 16.5g
* Grape-Nuts (Post brand) 2.5 tbsp or 16.5g
* Honey ¾ tbsp or 15.8g
* Millet (dry) 1.5 tbsp or 18.75g
* Oat Bran (dry) 3.5 tbsp or 20.5g
* Oatmeal (Quaker Instant/Old Fashion, dry) ¼ cup or 20g
* Pasta, wheat (noodles, bowtie, shells etc), (cooked) 1/3 cup or 46g
* Quinoa Grain (dry) 1.75 tbsp or 18.6g
* Rice, brown long-grain (cooked) 1/3 cup or 64.35g
* Rolled Oats ¼ cup or 20.25g
* Steel Cut Oats, dry 1/8 cup or 20g

STARCHY VEGETABLES
* Baked potato (no skin) 63.8g or 2.25 oz
* Baked Sweet potato (baked no skin) 56.7g or 2 oz
* Yams (baked, no skin) 56.7g or 2 oz

DRIED BEANS & LENTILS
ALSO COUNTS AS 1 MEAT SERVING
* Black Beans (S&W - canned) 106g or 3.75 oz
* Red Kidney, Pinto Beans (Green Giant - canned) 85g or 3 oz

Fruits (equal to 1 serving of Carbohydrate)
12-15 grams carbohydrate

* Apple, (with peel) 3.25 oz or 92g
* Banana, (peeled) 2.25 oz or 64g
* Blueberries (fresh) 3.5 oz or 99g
* Grapefruit, (peeled) 6.5 oz or 184g
* Grapes 3 oz or 85g
* Mango (fresh) 3 oz or 85g
* Orange, (peeled) 3.5 oz or 99g
* Pineapple 4 oz or 113g
* Peach (fresh) 4.55 oz or 127.5g
* Pear (fresh) 3 oz or 85g
* Papaya (fresh) 5 oz or 141.75g
* Raisins (seedless) 2 tbsp or 18.5g
* Strawberries (fresh) 6.5 oz or 184g
* Watermelon (fresh) 5 oz or 141.75g

Milk (equal to 1 serving of Protein & 1 serving Carbohydrate)

12-15 grams carbohydrates
6-8 grams protein

MILK & VERY LOW-FAT MILK
* Skim milk (0 grams fat) 1 cup or 8 Floz
* 1% Milk 1 cup or 8 Floz
* Plain non-fat yogurt ¾ cup or 6 oz
* Yoplait/Dannon Light Fruit yogurt 6 oz (1 container)

LOW-FAT MILK
Also Counts as 1 Fat serving
* 2 % milk 1 cup or 8 oz
* Plain low-fat yogurt ¾ cup or 6.5 oz
* Sweet acidophilus milk 1 cup

WHOLE MILK
Also Counts as 2 Fat servings
* Whole milk 1 cup or 8 oz

Vegetables (equal to 1 serving of Vegetables)
4-6 grams carbohydrates

***8226; All servings sizes are based on (raw or steamed)
* Asparagus 4 oz or 113 g
* Broccoli 2.75oz or 78g or ½ cup
* Cauliflower 2.75oz or 78g or ½ cup
* Green Beans 2.2oz or 62.5g or ½ cup
* Onions 53g or 1.86 oz or 1/3 cup
* Spinach 125g or 4.4oz or 2/3 cup
* Celery 120g or 4.25 oz or 1 cup
* Cucumber 156g or 5.5 oz or 1/3 cup
* Green onions 50g or 1.75 oz or ½ cup
* Mushrooms 78g or 2.5 oz or ½ cup
* Tomato 90g or 3.2 oz or ½ cup
* Salad greens (lettuce, romaine) 165g or 5.2 oz or 3 cups

Protein (equal to 1 serving of Meat)
6-8 grams protein

VERY LEAN MEAT (all measurements AFTER cooked)
* Chicken breast (white meat) boneless/skinless 1 oz or 28.35g
* Turkey breast (LEAN) 1 oz or 28.35g
* Fresh fish (cod, haddock, halibut, tuna, tilapia) 1 oz or 28.35g
* Shell fish (crab, lobster, shrimp) 1.25 oz or 35.5g
* Egg whites 2 or 67g
* Egg Beaters ¼ cup or 2.15 oz or 61g
* Non-fat cottage cheese ¼ cup or 2 oz or 57 g
* Salmon Fillet 1 oz or 28.35g (also counts as ½ fat serving)
* Lean Sirloin ¾ oz or 21.25g
* Egg (including yolk) 1 or 50g (also counts as 1 fat serving)
* Cheese 2% (Reduced Fat) 1 oz or 28.35g (also counts as 1 fat serving)
* Salmon 1 oz or 28.35g (also counts as ½ fat serving)

Fat (equal to 1 serving of Fat)
5 grams fat

MONOUNSATURATED FATS & POLYUNSATURATED FATS
* Avocado 1 oz or 28.35g
* Almonds (dry roasted) 1/3 oz (~ 6 pieces) or 1 tbsp or 8.6g
* Benecol light 1 tbsp or 14g
* Cashews 1/3 oz or 1 tbsp or 9.65g
* Enova oil 1 Tsp or 4.5g
* Flax oil 1 Tsp or 4.5g
* Mayonnaise (Light, reduced-fat) 1 Tbsp or 15g
* Oil (olive or canola, Enova) 1 tsp or 4.5g or 0.16 oz
* Peanuts 1/3 oz or 9.36g
* Peanut/Almond butter (smooth or crunchy) 2 tsp or 0.38 oz or 10.6g
* Pecans ¼ oz or 1 tbsp or 7.44g
* Salad dressing (Light, reduced-fat) 2 Tbsp or 30g
* Sesame seeds 1Tbsp or 1/3 oz or 9.4g
* Smart Balance Light spread 1 tbsp or 14g
* Sunflower seeds 1Tbsp or 1/3 oz or 9.0g
* Walnuts 1Tbsp or 1/4 oz or 7.5g

FREE FOOD LIST
Less than 20 calories per serving
Less than 5 gram carbohydrates per serving
Recommended at 1 serving per meal per day

FAT FREE or REDUCED FAT
* Cream cheese 1 Tbsp
* Creamers, non-dairy liquid 1 Tbsp
* Creamer, non-dairy powder 2 Tbsp
* Mayonnaise, fat-free 1 Tbsp
* Margarine, fat-free 4 Tbsp
* Miracle Whip, non-fat 1 Tbsp
* Salad dressing, fat-free 1 Tbsp
* Sour cream, fat-free 2 Tbsp

SUGAR FREE or LOW SUGAR
* Hard candy, sugar free 1 piece
* Gelatin dessert, sugar free 1
* Gum, sugar free 1 piece
* Jam or jelly. Low sugar or light 2 tsp
* Syrup, sugar free 2 Tbsp

DRINKS
* Coffee
* Club soda
* Diet soft drinks, sugar free
* Tea
* Tonic water

SUGAR SUBSTITUTES
Equal (aspartame)
Splenda (Sucralose)
Sprinkle Sweet (saccharin)
Sweet One (Acesulfame potassium)
Sweet ***8216;n Low (saccharin)

But like I said before, I can only eat what is on the meal plan.

Last edited:
the level of stupidity on this forum is off the charts.

My Binary Friend! Do you have ANY THING INTELLEGENT to add to any thread on this site?

Or is your life so Miserable? That you have nothing better to do Than TROLL around Being an ASS?

You remind me of FORESKIN! Of which I haven't missed since my second day of life!

I'm not a huge fan of cookie-cutter meal plans, I personally think that you are overthinking this.

99% of your diet should consist of dead animals and plants. Follow that rule and you won't go far wrong. Eat 1g of protein per lb of your bodyweight (you can go a little higher if you want, but I don't really see a benefit in eating over 1.5g of protein per lb or your bodyweight), and eat good, clean carb sources (rice and potatoes and not really much else). Fats pretty much take care of themselves if you're eating good quality meats(do NOT buy the lean cuts. I realise that flies in the face of all conventional wisdom, but trust me. Your health will thank you) I would recommend cutting out all vegetable oil (except olive oils) as it's hella bad for you. Use butter or some other animal fat for cooking, keep olive oils for dressings.

If you're the kind of guy that gets fat easily then you'll want to keep your carb intake around the workout window, so just before/after training. A lot of people have good success with just eating carbs post-workout. It's called carb backloading, you might want to look into it. You can even reduce your carbs right the way down on days you don't train if you like. Just remember that your body needs fuel though, so increase your fat intake on these days.

And all those low fat foods are woeful. As a general rule, when companies remove the fat they put loads of other shit in to compensate. You'd be better off with the full fat stuff. That's especially true for dairy. All the vitamins in dairy are in the fat, so no fat=no vitamins. We're trying to achieve the body beautiful here, but that doesn't mean we should neglect health!

Wel, that post ended up a lot longer than it was supposed to, but I hope it helps.

Back