High E (but unknown E2), should I take Arimidex?

RickP

I'm on TRT, I started 100mg EW, now I'm on 120mg/week EOD subQ. My T is currently 658.
Total E levels have stayed high and constant over time (no help from EOD injections sadly), but I've never been able to test my E2 levels (long story, trust me I gave up!)

The most recent Total E test puts my estrogen at 156 (<130 ref, Quest). He prescribed me 1mg/week of Arimidex, does it make sense to take it? Or should I stall until I can get my E2 measured (this might take a very long time, maybe even 6 months).

I'm on TRT, I started 100mg EW, now I'm on 120mg/week EOD subQ. My T is currently 658.
Total E levels have stayed high and constant over time (no help from EOD injections sadly), but I've never been able to test my E2 levels (long story, trust me I gave up!)

The most recent Total E test puts my estrogen at 156 (<130 ref, Quest). He prescribed me 1mg/week of Arimidex, does it make sense to take it? Or should I stall until I can get my E2 measured (this might take a very long time, maybe even 6 months).

SIMPLE SIMON, get labs Why not be sure of what your number is, Hello? This is not and should not be guess work. If you are on Test then you must track you blood work and of course you E2.
Low Estrogen Side Effects:-

Osteoporosis (weakened bones) ; (long-term low levels)
- Poor sex drive
- Fatigue
- Lethargy
- Skin quality diminishes
- Depression
- Poor sense of wellbeing & poor quality of life

High Estrogen Side Effects:-

Gynecomastia
- Anxiety & panic attacks
- Depression
- Erectile dysfunction
- Water retention
- High blood pressure
- Loss of balance/instability/dizziness
- Respiratory related concerns
- Irritability
- Low libido
- Insomnia
- Prostate related issues

yeah tell me about it. trust me I've tried taking it Fractionated Estrogen twice, and both times I got back Total E instead (both quest and my doc fucking up). The doc got tired of prescribing it (I don't think he fully appreciates the difference between E2 and total E, but I'm keeping him because he's very cooperative). Also I live on long island so if i want to use privatemd it's at least a 2 hour drive to a state without fucked up laws (if they accept my NY ID at all, I've read people having problems with that)

He did, twice (Fractionated Estrogen is E1,E2,E3 separately). Once he didn't know the sample needs freezing and thus he couldn't do it in his office, the second time he wrote fractionated estrogen but got the code wrong, and Quest just ignored the text and used the code. I'm not due until another month, so I won't know until then if I can convince him to prescribe it to me again.

If you are in the US have him use this code: 82670 - Estradiol. Thats what it says on the lab prescription I have sitting in front of me.

are you having any negative estrogen symptoms?

We would not advise starting anastrozole based on total estrogen numbers.

Do it yourself Med Labs. Look it up I don't have a link but someone does maybe on here. Talk with 3j nutrition on this forum and he can direct you to a good lab. It isn't expensive. That's going to be the most efficient way..Fvck the doc and his cooperation, get with this lab and get a male sensitive assay. That will put you right on your E2

@oldmusclemike: NY has regulations about blood tests without a prescription. I might be able to drive to CT and use my foreign passport as ID.

@IMT: no, no "clear" high e symptoms. Which is why I am reluctant to take it without an objective E2 measurement. But if my E2 was slightly elevated, bringing it into the optimal range might improve my overall well being no?

@IMT: no, no "clear" high e symptoms. Which is why I am reluctant to take it without an objective E2 measurement. But if my E2 was slightly elevated, bringing it into the optimal range might improve my overall well being no?

No. Dont worry about the range. You just don't want it over 50.

Looks like I will have to spend $100 to get an E2 test done (DirectLabsACCESS). Any alternatives for NY?

I looked into it. They won't accept international credit cards or NY credit cards.

And they might even refuse NY ids (however I am a non-resident alien so I have a passport from my country)

I looked into it. They won't accept international credit cards or NY credit cards.

And they might even refuse NY ids (however I am a non-resident alien so I have a passport from my country)

See post #6. Tell you doc exactly what you want.

@megatron: that's the plan eventually. This time i'll order it privately because I'm tired of this bullshit between quest and my doctor (side story: this is actually the third time i try to order one, but the first time it was my GP back in my home country, so I can't fault him for not knowing the difference between total E and E2. I've been trying since October)

Labcorp results for E2: 34.2 pg/mL (7.6-42.6).
This means I should *not* be taking Arimidex right?

So I take it that either E1 or E3 are high? Should I even bother trying to get those down?

Labcorp results for E2: 34.2 pg/mL (7.6-42.6).
This means I should *not* be taking Arimidex right?

So I take it that either E1 or E3 are high? Should I even bother trying to get those down?

Your E2 looks good. Keep doing what you are doing. You do not appear to need an Aromatase Inhibitor.

Back