High e2 on TRT need help with symptoms

nolefan

I was wondering if the symptoms I am having could be high E2. I am getting labs done tomorrow and seeing my TRT doctor Friday

current protocol

150MG/week test C(50MG Mon,wed,Fri)
no HCG
no AI but I have adex on hand

poor libido
soft erections
night sweats
hot flashes and very bad sweating-this is driving me crazy
poor sleep
High BP- 135-140/90-95
over emotional, noticed I can cry really easily
just feel bad

6 months. Doc wants me to take adex at .5mg every 4 days. I decided to try TRT without it. Don't want to be on an AI drug long term.

Fwiw,

I've been on trt for 6 years. Almost the entire time, I've been on 160 mg cypionate, split into 2 doses per week. I didn't didnt want to be on anastrozole long term either, since I couldn't find any long term studies on it, with trt. With .8 mg cypionate, I take 1/4 pill of anastrozole, the day after my injection. This keeps my estradiol in range. Everyone is different, but 1/2 pill per week doesn't bother me, as far as long term. I guess I just look at the alternative. I'd have to really cut my trt dose, to basically a useless dose, if I want my estradiol to stay in range without an ai.

I tried cutting my trt to 100 mg cypionate per week, split into 2 doses, and I still needed an ai to keep estradiol in range.

Edit: I know everyone is different, but you may want to start at a lower dose of anastrozole/Arimidex. 1mg per week for 150mg of cypionate per week, may make your estradiol too low.

your cypionate dose of 150mg per week is basically the same as mine. Why not try splitting the dose, and inject every 3.5 days, like Saturday morning, and Tuesday evening? Then get a pill cutter, and cut the anastrozole into 1/4's and take 1/4 pill approximately 24 hours after each injection. In 6 years, I don't notice any ups and downs with my test levels, with twice a week injections.

Last edited:
To not use an AI you will need to start with a low dose and slowly raise it until your estrogen remains in range.

Definitely estradiol. Not really a surprise though. And symptoms are text book. People can say what they want.....but if you have high testosterone and no AI then you will also have high estradiol. Some can live with it......you clearly can not. But almost everyone needs an AI if taking more than really small amounts of test.

Glad you caught it and wish you the best of luck in the future. You will feel better soon.

^^^^ my man mycelium is on to something there. If it's possible then that's the best way I can think of. But for me I eventually end up high anyway. Of course I blast every few months so I am a bad example. Lol

Last edited:
100mg wk would be a good starting point it seems. Personally 80mg wk had my TT at about 440ng/dL and it's a little to low. 200mg wk had ne about 1510 ng/dL.

I'm looking for a 600 ng/do range I think. I grew boob as a side effect of meds and long term elevated estrogen isnt good. Elevated estrogen can lower a person's "seizure threshold"/epileptics have more seizures. It. effects us.

I'm trying to be conservative of my levels.

Even if I wasn't on T I would need an AI from medication side effects.

I know it messes with your brains and bones.

You should ask for the lab results. Lab ranges are very broad and include levels that are adverse to quality of life. Normal range does not mean normal health or optimal, it is a normal curve, 95th percentile [or worse] that by definition only allows 5% to have any issues.

I do best popping .5mg Adex just before pinning because if I wait til the next day I can already feel the estrogen rising. Get it in your system then pin because it will start aromatising as soon as you pin it. But I'm also using sustanon at the moment.

What are your updated lab results? Labs will not lie and will point you in the direction. At a lower dose which you were on, you do not need that much AI. Take the AI and get yourself in a normal range and you will feel better.

I’ve recently switched to eod injections, and I’ve dropped the AI.

I will no longer poison myself with that crap anymore.

What crap are you referring to? The adex?

Yes, the anastrozole that’s been poisoning my body for the last 6+ years.

I’ll give you one example...

I used to run. About 5 or so years ago, I developed what seemed like chronic compartment syndrome symptoms when running. My lower legs hurt so much, then turned numb to the point that my foot was dead and flopping around when I ran.

This happened every time I ran, whether 1 mile or a 5k. I quit running.

Then January 25, of this year, I took my last 1/4 mg of anastrozole. 11 days later, I was walking my dog, and I jogged back with him, and noticed that my leg didn’t begin to hurt like it usually does. So I did a test on the treadmill. I ran and walked for 35 minutes, with absolutely none of the pain that I’ve been having for the last 5 years.

Anastrozole has been shown to cause musculoskeletal issues as one of the side effects.

And remember, I’ve only been off of anastrozole for less than 2 weeks!

1/4mg twice a week caused this one problem that I’ve seen an immediate “cure” of since the anastrozole has left my body.

Yes, the anastrozole that***8217;s been poisoning my body for the last 6+ years.

I***8217;ll give you one example...

I used to run. About 5 or so years ago, I developed what seemed like chronic compartment syndrome symptoms when running. My lower legs hurt so much, then turned numb to the point that my foot was dead and flopping around when I ran.

This happened every time I ran, whether 1 mile or a 5k. I quit running.

Then January 25, of this year, I took my last 1/4 mg of anastrozole. 11 days later, I was walking my dog, and I jogged back with him, and noticed that my leg didn***8217;t begin to hurt like it usually does. So I did a test on the treadmill. I ran and walked for 35 minutes, with absolutely none of the pain that I***8217;ve been having for the last 5 years.

Anastrozole has been shown to cause musculoskeletal issues as one of the side effects.

And remember, I***8217;ve only been off of anastrozole for less than 2 weeks!

1/4mg twice a week caused this one problem that I***8217;ve seen an immediate ***8220;cure***8221; of since the anastrozole has left my body.

so it took you 6 years lfigure out that it was kililng you

so it took you 6 years lfigure out that it was kililng you

Over 6 years! I fell into the trap of listening to broscience here and on another forum. And there are no studies that I could find on long term use of anastrozole with trt. Then, thankfully I had someone convince me to try to stop using anastrozole, so I did. I had no idea it was causing the compartment syndrome symptoms. There’s no info anywhere that I could find, that correlated anastrozole with chronic compartment syndrome. Musculoskeletal issues are a side effect of short term anastrozole use with breast cancer patients, but no studies for trt.

I erroneously thought that it was the high E2 that was causing symptoms that needed to be alleviated by lowering aromatase conversion by use of anastrozole.

A lot of people push the broscience idea that an AI is needed on TRT, even though there’s no evidence that high E2, WHILE HAVING HIGH FREE T on TRT causes issues.

I’m just thankful that someone told me this.

It’s crazy how many people hear the broscience, and just run with it.

Back