High e2 on TRT need help with symptoms

""A lot of people push the broscience idea that an AI is needed on TRT, even though there***8217;s no evidence that high E2, WHILE HAVING HIGH FREE T on TRT causes issues.""

Sharing our personal experiences is definitely a good thing. But we have to be careful with the "broscience"/"science" thing. Unless we have some type of reference to attach or multiple references for an explanation its "broscience". I have a thread on here full of references for epilespy medications on me/men and possibly needing TRT or AIs. Is there some scientific trial with a placebo group or something?

I had gyno due to the side effects of antiepilespy drugs that has led to me being in TRT with an increased dosage of AI than most. Sore nipples with low T and then sore nipples with Doubled free T and E levels.

I guess to be completely honest nipple sensations are what they are. I had a test of around 400 ng/dL and E inside the ranges and was growing tits. Over the years they finally got removed and were the size of pingpong balls.

Over 6 years! I fell into the trap of listening to broscience here and on another forum. And there are no studies that I could find on long term use of anastrozole with trt. Then, thankfully I had someone convince me to try to stop using anastrozole, so I did. I had no idea it was causing the compartment syndrome symptoms. There***8217;s no info anywhere that I could find, that correlated anastrozole with chronic compartment syndrome. Musculoskeletal issues are a side effect of short term anastrozole use with breast cancer patients, but no studies for trt.

I erroneously thought that it was the high E2 that was causing symptoms that needed to be alleviated by lowering aromatase conversion by use of anastrozole.

A lot of people push the broscience idea that an AI is needed on TRT, even though there***8217;s no evidence that high E2, WHILE HAVING HIGH FREE T on TRT causes issues.

I***8217;m just thankful that someone told me this.

It***8217;s crazy how many people hear the broscience, and just run with it.

sure is crazy that many newbies run with whatever some big guy who thinks he has an IQ of 100 says.. most end up in TRT dam them. stay away from those idiots and close to the boards here where we do not gain one penny from giving you good advice.

sure is crazy that many newbies run with whatever some big guy who thinks he has an IQ of 100 says.. most end up in TRT dam them. stay away from those idiots and close to the boards here where we do not gain one penny from giving you good advice.
I’m not sure what this even means.

The consensus by longtime members here, and on another forum, and from my doctor, and other doctors that I listened to, was that if my E2 was high, and/or I was having “high E2” symptoms, I needed to take an AI to bring my E2 down.

I’ll reiterate, that it wasn’t until being on trt including anastrozole, for over 6 years, someone finally explained to me LOGICALLY, why I not only don’t need an AI, but that anastrozole is slowly poisoning my body.

This advice goes against all of the broscience advice that I had been given, and had accepted for over 6 years.

I say it’s broscience, because there is no scientific evidence that shows high E2 levels are bad, when being on trt. And it’s broscience because there’s no scientific evidence that my “high E2” symptoms were even caused by high E2.

And now that I’ve switched to the same weekly dose of T, with more frequent injections, I know that I don’t need an AI. And I also know that by dropping my AI, and being off of anastrozole for only 11 days, I’ve alleviated a musculoskeletal issue that has caused me so much pain, that I had to stop running, which I’ve always enjoyed.

So, take that for whatever it’s worth.

I***8217;m not sure what this even means.

The consensus by longtime members here, and on another forum, and from my doctor, and other doctors that I listened to, was that if my E2 was high, and/or I was having ***8220;high E2***8221; symptoms, I needed to take an AI to bring my E2 down.

I***8217;ll reiterate, that it wasn***8217;t until being on trt including anastrozole, for over 6 years, someone finally explained to me LOGICALLY, why I not only don***8217;t need an AI, but that anastrozole is slowly poisoning my body.

This advice goes against all of the broscience advice that I had been given, and had accepted for over 6 years.

I say it***8217;s broscience, because there is no scientific evidence that shows high E2 levels are bad, when being on trt. And it***8217;s broscience because there***8217;s no scientific evidence that my ***8220;high E2***8221; symptoms were even caused by high E2.

And now that I***8217;ve switched to the same weekly dose of T, with more frequent injections, I know that I don***8217;t need an AI. And I also know that by dropping my AI, and being off of anastrozole for only 11 days, I***8217;ve alleviated a musculoskeletal issue that has caused me so much pain, that I had to stop running, which I***8217;ve always enjoyed.

So, take that for whatever it***8217;s worth.

there is no scientific evidense that high e2 levels are bad? TOTAL BS.

there is no scientific evidense that high e2 levels are bad? TOTAL BS.
I said that there’s no evidence that high E2 is bad, WHILE ON TRT.

And, if you disagree, show me the evidence. Post up some studies. Otherwise, you have nothing but a baseless assertion, or what we call broscience.

So your point is there is no point because someone isnt posting references?

You're saying what you're saying, so you post a reference.

So your point is there is no point because someone isnt posting references?

You're saying what you're saying, so you post a reference.

You want me to post references to my assertion, “there’s no evidence that High E2 is harmful while on trt”?

How exactly do you want me to post evidence about something that I believe doesn’t exist?

Again, I say there’s no evidence. And someone made the claim that what I said is BS. All he would have to do to prove me wrong, is to show some evidence that High E2 IS harmful while on trt.

You want me to post references to my assertion, ***8220;there***8217;s no evidence that High E2 is harmful while on trt***8221;?

How exactly do you want me to post evidence about something that I believe doesn***8217;t exist?

Again, I say there***8217;s no evidence. And someone made the claim that what I said is BS. All he would have to do to prove me wrong, is to show some evidence that High E2 IS harmful while on trt.

Have you ever debated test use or read one with references from studies and trials?

You have made a decision and a statement that goes against a huge majority of generalized TRT people and hears of treatment.

Generally speaking an elevated level of testosterone can and does lead to problems with elevated red blood cells being an easy one to throw out there. Now estrogen has its deals. either low or high.

An opinion in what is a pretty "untested" place that has a huge majority in the human population.

Have you ever debated test use or read one with references from studies and trials?
I don’t understand what you’re asking.

You have made a decision and a statement that goes against a huge majority of generalized TRT people and hears of treatment.
I literally just agreed with that when I said that for 6+ years, I didn’t have anyone explain how high E2 while having elevated test levels on trt, IS NOT harmful.

Btw, the geocentric model was accepted for a while too. How’d that turn out?

Generally speaking an elevated level of testosterone can and does lead to problems with elevated red blood cells being an easy one to throw out there. Now estrogen has its deals. either low or high.
How is the issue of elevated red blood cells relevant to whether or not high E2 while on trt, is harmful?

An opinion in what is a pretty "untested" place that has a huge majority in the human population.
Could you please rephrase this? I have no idea what you are saying.

Back