High Serum Testosereone - Low Libido

mranak said:
Libido is a very complex thing.

You might want to get a 'free testosteorne' and 'estradiol, sensitive' test done.

Make a post in this HRT forum if you like.

It's a junk forum. Fat people with joint pains looking for a magic pill. Smokers with E.D. Talking about there last erection. Pathetic! to be polite. I honestly puked!

foreverstrong37 said:
Im 37, my serum testosterone is 937, but my libido is low. Why ?
Suggestions? No gyno, never used drugs. Any help please. ?

I had same problem.. You need a aromatase inhibitor. A real one, not some freaking cream. Get -Arimidex@ 1mg tabs. Have your doctor write you a script. you will feel like a million bucks the next day. You'll have a woodie so large your ole lady will run out of the house. May-be not!

krembles said:
It's a junk forum.
Just because people didn't say what you wanted to hear doesn't mean it is a junk forum. It is by far the best testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) forum on the net.

I really don't see the problem with having a low libido. If you have a low libido you don't want to have sex to begin with so why would you want a high libido if you don't want to have sex anyway currently?

I mean..What is it? A relationship thing or a pleasure thing? Is sex important to your relationship or do you just want to do it for pleasure?

If it's just for pleasure that doesn't make sense. It's like wanting to be addicted to coke just so you'll want to use cocaine since it makes you feel good. Sort of redundant if you ask me.

mranak said:
He might, but a diagnosis of high estrogen cannot be made without a proper bloodtest.

I did not want to get long winded. You are absolutely correct. No doctor would perscribe an aromatase inhibitor to any body with out a high estrogen level. Very high. It's kind of funny going into the drug store. The pharmacist
gave me a Nod Nod. I told thim I had breast cancer. I live in a well to do town on a Lake where every one knows each other. The Doctor come over in his Cobalt speed boat. I'm glad I left Hawaii. I was stuck there for 30 years.

Micromegas said:
I really don't see the problem with having a low libido. If you have a low libido you don't want to have sex to begin with so why would you want a high libido if you don't want to have sex anyway currently?

I mean..What is it? A relationship thing or a pleasure thing? Is sex important to your relationship or do you just want to do it for pleasure?

If it's just for pleasure that doesn't make sense. It's like wanting to be addicted to coke just so you'll want to use cocaine since it makes you feel good. Sort of redundant if you ask me.

Excellent, excellent post. A high libido can be DAMN annoying when you're not in a relationship. You can still be happy and productive in your life with a low libido. Happinness doesn't depend on libido.

krembles said:
I had same problem.. You need a aromatase inhibitor. A real one, not some freaking cream. Get -Arimidex@ 1mg tabs. Have your doctor write you a script. you will feel like a million bucks the next day. You'll have a woodie so large your ole lady will run out of the house. May-be not!

You my friend are an idiot, who is always spouting off the most stupid advice I've ever seen. You need a vacation from here........

foreverstrong37 said:
Stone, do you have any idea why libido is low with serum test at 937? I would appreciate any insight you may have ?

Sorry I don't.......the human body is a very complex organism with all sorts of interacting systems. It could even be psychological, but rather than speculate on anything, I'd suggest seeking the consultation of your doctor.

Libido is very complex, as has been noted. While your test level is high, it's still within the normal range. When I read your post I thought that you were cycleing and meant a very high test level. This can lead to lowered libido nearly as much as too low test can. Even though yours doesn't appear to be too high, this could be going on with you. Are you used to haveing high test levels? Have you cycled before? If not, you could be suffering from too high a test level causing loss of libido. Sounds a bit ass-backward, but this is somewhat common with exogenous test use. While your level might be low for another man, it's all subjective. If it's unusually high for you, a solution MIGHT be lowering it a bit. What is your testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) dose? Are you taking any other ancilliaries? Any other medications. It would help people trying to get to the route of your problem if you could list all this, as well as ANY other pertinent information you can think of (psych probs, relationship troubles, drug - rec or otherwise, stress, diet, anything and everything).
Remember, like was said earlier, libido can be a double edged sword. Not enough is a problem, but too much can be just as much of a problem (especially is you are without and outlet:) ). A question you should think about is what amount of libido are you desiring? Would you rather have too much or too little. Because you are never going to be able to put it at the perfect state, so you might end up with more than you can handle.

Warmachine said:
whats your free testosterone? this is more important than total!

I'm goingto have to agree with this. Even with low serum testosteone my free was in the normal range and my strength and physique didn't suffer despite the low total testosterone.

I wonder what my test is now? LOL :)

Back