High systolic blood pressure

manofmany

Novice
How does everyone combat this? I normally run high anyways but I'm at 168/73 right now. Thinking about going to the doctor tomorrow.

I had higher bp, 138/84 and started taking coq10, red yeast rice, garlic, niacin, b12(i think), calcium/magnesium combo and 6g fish oil. My bp is lower now, even though I am takin 2-300mg test weekly so it works.

I am also working on lipids with these supps.

Your bp is a little high only on the one side, so you should probably get checked out anyway just to be safe.

It's been high like this for about a week now. I've got it down to 143/68 by taking a couple caps of celery seed extract, garlic, zinc, and a baby aspirin.

high bp

garlic helped me and lots of water seems to be the answer to everything these days. garlic supp will help though.

I take 2100mg hawthorne berry, 2400mg red yeast rice, 400mg coq10, 7g fish oil, and 81mg aspirin a day. This helps. Theres also a thread by Userat 204 that explains a taking calcium, magnesium, and potassium to bring it down. This helped me a lot. NTBM also carries a product called N2Guard that has a lot of these ingredients and others for on cycle support.

I take 2100mg hawthorne berry, 2400mg red yeast rice, 400mg coq10, 7g fish oil, and 81mg aspirin a day. This helps. Theres also a thread by Userat 204 that explains a taking calcium, magnesium, and potassium to bring it down. This helped me a lot. NTBM also carries a product called N2Guard that has a lot of these ingredients and others for on cycle support.

Meathead, I saw you post this in another thread and have started taking similar doses, how long was it until you started seeing your bp drop?
I had similar numbers to you, manofmany, usually 150-160 / 75-85, I've started taking what meathead said and over two weeks has decreased a little, but mine fluctuates from morning I can get as low as high 130s over 80 right upto 160s over 80 at night. It's always higher at night, and I don't have a stressful job, and this is taken hours after my workout.

I also have a slightly high BP level (145/80 did not wait 5 minutes though before taking test) I always thought that the more you weigh you expect to have a higher amount, but my doctor told me that not the case. I am starting to take some baby aspirin and start up the cardio (20mins or so after a workout). I hope to see a drop in BP after a month or so.

Back