How do you guys cook your bressul sprouts?

tenn2525

I cooked some the other day, they were the frozen steam able kind you throw in the microwave. Some had a very strong tart taste... What do you recommend ? I would like to add these to my diet but I need to be able to cook them a little better lol.

I cooked some the other day, they were the frozen steam able kind you throw in the microwave. Some had a very strong tart taste... What do you recommend ? I would like to add these to my diet but I need to be able to cook them a little better lol.

Yuo don't want to over cook them or they turn into a mush.. so sauteing is the best way to cook them ..
U can blanch the whole Brussels sprouts (cook for 2-3 minutes in boiling salted water) and either halve or slice them before sauteing.. I use EVOO (when u saute them u bring out their sweet flavor)
or u can roast them for about 20-30 min @450 degrees.. season them with salt & some oil before roasting.

Thanks for the info guys, I was not sure I would try them again but they may turn out better sautéed or baked, I will try again and post an update.

Back