How long do you stay sore?

Well just curious because sometimes i am sore FOREVER and sometimes it isnt so bad. I don't know if I am over training when i am SUPER sore or if I am finally getting it done. One example is I just had a rough leg day on Monday. I did 5x5 of squats with 315lbs, Then moved to a 5x5 leg press with 504lbs, then moved to Leg extensions and did 3x5 and i actually don't remember the weight.

I woke up and was a bit early for heading out to the gym. I put in some Metallica Master of Puppets, Shortest straw, etc and was entirely to pumped when i got to the gym. I just wanted to show off so I went heavier than normal. I kinda like being sore because i feel like i am growing but I don't want to be over training.

Last night I woke up every time i rolled over it hurt so bad. When i walk I actually have to semi waddel because i am scared to unlock my knees and buckle. When I sit i am actually doing Dips. I miss my cycle as i seemed to recover much better /cry.

it depends, specially my back after deadlifts stays sore forever :)
Squats also make them sore... well im sore 7days/week in some muscle :)
And i aint complaining

since on gear(nov) only half of the day the next morn. before that 5 days,same intensity.

Off gear, my chest and tri's would stay sore up to 3 days after my workout. Lower back from deads would be sore for about 2 days. No other muscles of mine get sore. Now that I'm on gear, I don't get sore at all.

Vennom96 said:
Off gear, my chest and tri's would stay sore up to 3 days after my workout. Lower back from deads would be sore for about 2 days. No other muscles of mine get sore. Now that I'm on gear, I don't get sore at all.

exactly

coming off gear brings you back to reality REAL quick.

If you are sore for the next few days following your workout you know you did something right.

I dont think soreness is a good gauge of doing a good workout. I can haver a great workout, make progress and not be sore. For me my levels of soreness have to do more with getting proper post workout nutrition than anything else.

My legs used to hurt for 5 days after, but lately, they have been growing like weeds, and only hurting for like 2 days.

Weird.

Normally my muscles are sore for 1 or 2 days max. Sometimes not really.

Hope this helped lol.

Golden_Muscle said:
My legs used to hurt for 5 days after, but lately, they have been growing like weeds, and only hurting for like 2 days.

Weird.

Normally my muscles are sore for 1 or 2 days max. Sometimes not really.

Hope this helped lol.

did you take you meds today? that no sense at all.

I don't usually get sore very much, but I do the olympic lifts. If I do a lot of squats, then my legs would get sore, but not from much else. The lifts I do don't have much of an eccentric portion.

Soreness lasting more than a couple of days sound like overtraining or possibly worse; this is supposed to be healthy..

Back