How long to feel effect on libido?

Ferrari360

Just curious when I will start to notice the Enanthate-induced libido increase? It's only been a week on Test and 3 wks on EQ, and since I'm not any bigger, and no real sides yet either (not complaining), I'd like some proof that my vitamins are real. :D

Did you frontload the test? If not, it will be 3 or 4 weeks into test cycle before you reach peak levels. Also why start eq 2 weeks prior to enan?

PartyBoy said:
Did you frontload the test? If not, it will be 3 or 4 weeks into test cycle before you reach peak levels. Also why start eq 2 weeks prior to enan?

And still this myth is perpetuated.

If dosing is consistant the amount of test in your body will be no higher after 4 weeks than it would after 2 weeks.

Test doesn't affect libido the same in everyone. What's not enough for one guy is too much for another. Plus, EQ is an anti-libido is some people.

A good way of checking is the gear is real is to see if you're growing any muscle. That should have happened after 3 weeks. But you have to lift weights.

Nelson Montana said:
And still this myth is perpetuated.

It's certainly not a myth - it's simply understanding the concept of half-lives.

Frontloading is administering a higher dose of longer acting steroids at the beginning of the cycle to help get blood concentrations to peak values as soon as possible......

Here is an example to simplify the activity for anyone not a believer in how it works, we will take a straight dose of 400mg/week in our example and see how blood levels are affected through the first few weeks, we will, for ease of maths, ignore the ester weight which is irrelevant to the outcome anyway other than dose difference. We will assume the steroid has a half-life of 7 days.

Week 1 start 400mg administered, after 7 days, 200mg left, so 200mg dose delivered in that week.
Week 2 400mg admin to give total 600mg, after 7 days, 300mg left, so 300mg delivered in that week.
Week 3 400mg admin to give 700mg total, after 7 days, 350mg left, so 350mg delivered in that week.
Week 4 400mg admin to give total 750mg, after 7 days, 375mg left, so 375mg delivered in that week.

As we can see even by the close of play in week 4, we are only getting 375mg of steroid in that week, it has slowly risen from 200mg, 300mg, 350mg to 375mg by week 4, it will continue creeping until you are getting the full weekly dose in a single week.

Now let us view the same dose, only following a front-load, we will double the weekly dose for week 1 only, everything else will remain the same.

Week 1 800mg administered, after 7 days, 400mg left, so 400mg delivered in that week.

There you have it! We have achieved the peak cycle dose (not exceeded it) by the end of week 1 as opposed to still short at end week 4 with a straight dose, you can continue adding the dose and halfing and see it stays constant at 400mg/week delivered.....Result!!! The benefit of achieving peak doses earlier in the cycle? Obviously achieving the gaining part of the cycle earlier is the benefit rather than waiting 4 to 5 weeks for the dose to peak and level out somewhat.

A good rule of thumb to front-loading is to take the dose you are to administer each half-life and double it upto the first half-life period in the cycle, this will not overshoot your peak, so there is no dropping of levels at any later date. It is also beneficial to the maintenance of even blood concentrations to split that weekly dose up as evenly distributed through the week as possible.

Usually the outrageous libido increase is in week 3-4 for me, but you can feel something at the end of the first week.

Eq a libido killer? I've never heard that before.

Partyboy, Thanks for saving me all that typing, nice job.

Now if you'd be so kind... ask Jon why I can't advertise on Muscletalk. :)

PartyBoy said:
It's certainly not a myth - it's simply understanding the concept of half-lives.

i can gain about 10 lbs before anything is "supposed to kick in". Large portions of the drug are released upon the first few days of administration.

ulter said:

Now if you'd be so kind... ask Jon why I can't advertise on Muscletalk. :)

Lol - It's James & Jason the board owners bro. I reckon the reason might have something to do with the "supplies & accessories" section. Otherwise the site looks fine!

Using this graph, I get some very POOR numbers from once weekly shots of cypionate. I calculated out 8 weeks worth of shots E4D versus E7D of 875mg weekly (500mg E4D). This is 350mg of raw test.

By the end of 24 hours 100% of the raw test is in the blood stream, by the 4th day 67% is left, and by the 7th day a mere 30% is left.

So for E4D setup, with the first shot we are shooting 500mg cypionate which is 350mg of test. By the time our next shot rolls around we have 234.5mg of test in our bodies with which we add 350 to with our next shot, and this continues on and on.

With an E7D setup, our single administration of 875mg cypionate is 612.5mg of test, at the end of 7 days it is only 183.75mg. We add 612.5 to this with our next shot and by the end of the second week we are down to 238.87.

If this is true and correct, I get a peak blood level of 707.989mg using E4D shots and a mere 262.482mg raw test at the very end of our E7D schedule, both of these being 56 day long cycles (8 weeks). This is 14 shots versus 8 shots, again both of them totally 875mg of cypionate weekly.

Comments?

PartyBoy. I know all about the math involved. But it's worng.

The assesment of half lives just doesn't pan out in the real world.

For example...

Using your calculations, if one were to do a shot a week for 4 weeks even if they didn't take a another shot, they'd have elevated T levels two weeks later, and that is just not true. (At 400 mgs a week you'd have, what? Over 400 mgs remaining in your system, ight? If that's so, why would you register with a supressed T level? Because you would.

In the real world, a "half life" doesn't deliver "half the results."

Anoher miscalculation is how mch T raise ngs in the blood. A single 400 mgs shot will add about 1000ngs to your T blood levels. Let's say your natural T is 500. You will then have about 15000ngs of testosterone flowing through your body. Are you saying that isn't enough to cause a spike in libido?!?!

And another thing: Following the "half life" principle, guys on HRT should have a build up of thousands of mgs of T over the course of years. It just doesn't work like that. You feel it for about 7-10 days. That's it.

I can't wait for the day when everyone stops trying to think they're chemist because they take steroids and listen to psusedo scientists and internet pendants . Talk all the numbers you want. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

Use the same amount of gear for 8 weeks and take a blood test and then take another one with the same amount of gear after 12 weeks. It'll be the same -- maybe a little less because they'll be more natural supression.

A half life may be detectable in a drug teast but the gear you took 3 weeks ago isn't doing shit anymore. Meanwhile I've had lifts go up after 3 days on a couple of d-bol. If you think steroid use is a long term process you're wasting valuable time. Their very purpose is to act quickly. And they do.

Nelson Montana said:
PartyBoy. I know all about the math involved. But it's worng.

The assesment of half lives just doesn't pan out in the real world.

For example...

Using your calculations, if one were to do a shot a week for 4 weeks even if they didn't take a another shot, they'd have elevated T levels two weeks later, and that is just not true. (At 400 mgs a week you'd have, what? Over 400 mgs remaining in your system, ight? If that's so, why would you register with a supressed T level? Because you would.

In the real world, a "half life" doesn't deliver "half the results."

Anoher miscalculation is how mch T raise ngs in the blood. A single 400 mgs shot will add about 1000ngs to your T blood levels. Let's say your natural T is 500. You will then have about 15000ngs of testosterone flowing through your body. Are you saying that isn't enough to cause a spike in libido?!?!

And another thing: Following the "half life" principle, guys on HRT should have a build up of thousands of mgs of T over the course of years. It just doesn't work like that. You feel it for about 7-10 days. That's it.

I can't wait for the day when everyone stops trying to think they're chemist because they take steroids and listen to psusedo scientists and internet pendants . Talk all the numbers you want. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

Use the same amount of gear for 8 weeks and take a blood test and then take another one with the same amount of gear after 12 weeks. It'll be the same -- maybe a little less because they'll be more natural supression.

A half life may be detectable in a drug teast but the gear you took 3 weeks ago isn't doing shit anymore. Meanwhile I've had lifts go up after 3 days on a couple of d-bol. If you think steroid use is a long term process you're wasting valuable time. Their very purpose is to act quickly. And they do.
I agree 100%. I can feel the libido change after like two days after a shot of test., so real steroids do act quick. I like to keep my body guessing and mix up the dosage here and there. Maybe do 400mg one week, then after like 7 days do 250, then back to 400 after 10 days and so on. I don't know if that's the right thing to do, but it seems to shock my body into growth after you become stagnant from the same dosage. Any thoughts?

Flex it said:
I like to keep my body guessing and mix up the dosage here and there. Maybe do 400mg one week, then after like 7 days do 250, then back to 400 after 10 days and so on. I don't know if that's the right thing to do, but it seems to shock my body into growth after you become stagnant from the same dosage. Any thoughts?

Interesting. I know doggcrapp's idea is 'coasting' for a couple of weeks here and there at 250mg/test, although he says it's to allow your body to recover you hpta. I think he's a little off on that one, but that doesn't discount the fact that it may be more effective than straight x amount of gear steady for 16 weeks.

Also, I know many who are on for long periods of time change up what they take every 6-8 weeks or so as well as dosages. So I think you might be on to something.

On a side note, I never understood why it was so important to get steady blood levels...why? It's just one of those 'givens'. When going through puberty your test is pulsile if I'm not mistaken...why not try to recreate that? Take all your orals at once instead of splitting them through the day. Hell, nobody I've talked to has ever noticed a difference. And who knows, it might be more effective.

We are talking pretty high levels though compared to natural, it seems that sides are worse with erratic levels...

Well, in reference to my original post, it's been a week on Test and no real size gains and no elevated libido or overwhelming "sense of well-being." I have gained a few pounds of fat it seems, as I have been eating and making sure to get my necessary protein. And YES, I have been lifting very hard, to whomever made that dumbass implication. I am, however, a hard gainer as I have always been (part of the reason I'm on a cycle!), and as per the anabolic pic forum, all of my stuff is real. So, I guess we're all different and patience is the key...

It wont be an overwhelming sense unless you are a freak IMO, I've never gotten anything huge from test or dbol in those regards, but its there.

Nelson M - I realise that the real world can be very different to theory. Effects can differ greatly between individuals - there are just too many variables.

However, I feel that it is worthwhile to apply dosing protocols that at least on paper can be shown to be optimal from what we know about half lives, and the effects of differing esters.

Back