How many times do you work each body part per week.

How many times per week

• 1 per week

Votes: 65 64.4%
  • 2 per week

Votes: 32 31.7%
  • 3 per week

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters

lucky6914

What do you feel the best amount of times to work each body part is per week, what is best for you that you can do without overtraining?

definitely once per week especially legs/back

they get worked enough during legs/chest/back days and that's already too much.lol!

2 - 3 times per week is fine, so long as modulate the load across the week. Designing routines based on dual factor principles and not single factor will allow you to train the muscle more often for faster progress.

Girth said:
2 - 3 times per week is fine, so long as modulate the load across the week. Designing routines based on dual factor principles and not single factor will allow you to train the muscle more often for faster progress.

3x a week! man thats nuts. I can barely walk training each bodypart once per week. then again my routine is based around deads, squats and bench. if you can train 3x a week you might wanna try uppin the intensity so your so sore you cant do that, just my opinion though and what has helped me threw trial and error.

Aboot said:

i used to do that 100000000 set/rep bullshit and somtimes work the muscles 2x a week but what i've come to learn is that if your lifting 100 percent during your workouts, then once a week is fine. . . i've grown alot more since ive toned my training down. also, 1 time is absolutly necc. if your natty like i am.

It all depends on how well you recover. I know a guy who more than once a week on anything is impossible-he is usually sore for 4 to 5 days after each workout. Other people could probably work the same bodypart every other day and they would still achieve growth. Everyone is different, thats why following Arnold's routine, or Lee's routine to a tee is absurd, it is important to find what works for you and that takes a bit of experimentation with your workouts.

Last edited:
For Me Twice A Week Works For Me...then I Switch To Once A Week..i Gotta Keep My Muscle Guessin...dont Want Them 2 Know Whats Comin Next Ya Heard?

Being 30+ switch to every 4,5,6 days in that rotation.
Usually
-back/chest-----Monday(1st) then Fri-(4th) then Wed(9th) then Tues(15th)
-Shoulders/arms-Tues(2nd) then Sat(5th) then Thur(10th) then Wed(16th)
Legs After Shoulders/arms SUNDAY(6th) and Thirs(17th)
Yoou need more recovery time as you get older!
If I was 20-25 would go every 4-5 days but workout would consist of 2 warm u sets of 20 then 15 and work the next 2-3 sets at 70%,80%,90% max!!
Roids speeds recovery time optimizing protein assimilation.

people just need to understand how important the rest period is, that is when the muscle is being built.

I subscribe to the DC and IA notion of training them twice a week to have twice as many recovery opportunities for growth. When doing it this way, the set up, your diet, and your rest is paramount.

Twice, but i would assume most would be better of with one. Some pros I know also train once. Three is really pushing it.

anything between 2 and 4 times is what i've tried. though 2 and 3 times has worked best for me... actually the 4 times a week routine wasn't well thought out so i could still make it work

2 times for me but I go by feel, if I feel like i'm overtraining i'll hit them once, I think it's a fine line that depends on rest/diet....

Back