how much FEMARA

Thunder

need to know the mgs of femara I should be taking...got gyno problems...taking 60mgs nolva right now...5th week test enth.

Please tell me you didn't go out and get Femara instead of Arimidex.....

Nolva reduces Femara's effectiveness by up to 40%. That study has been posted numerous times here......LOL

Thunder said:
well isnt that nice to learn...i was told by another mod that fem would be what I need???

But did you make then aware that you were going to continue taking Nolva with it ??

yes he knew everything about my cycle how its going what my problems are....EVERYTHING...so know im really confused

Thunder said:
yes he knew everything about my cycle how its going what my problems are....EVERYTHING...so know im really confused

Yes but in defense of that, you have to be very specific in what info you give us, as you can imagine there's no way to remember exact details of everyones cycles and problems associated with it.

Anyway....here's the study;

tamoxifen can decrease plasma levels of letrozole ...

Drug and hormone interactions of aromatase inhibitors.

Dowsett M.

Academic Department of Biochemistry, The Royal Marsden NHS Trust, London, UK.

The clinical development of aromatase inhibitors has been largely confined to postmenopausal breast cancer patients and strongly guided by pharmacological data. Comparative oestrogen suppression has been helpful in circumstances in which at least one of the comparitors has caused substantially non-maximal aromatase inhibition. However, the triazole inhibitors, letrozole and anastrozole, and the steroidal inhibitor, exemestane, all cause >95% inhibition. Comparisons between these drugs therefore require more sensitive approaches such as the direct measurement of enzyme activity by isotopic means. None of these three agents has significant effects on other endocrine pathways at its clinically applied doses. Pharmacokinetic analyses of the combination of tamoxifen and letrozole have revealed that these drugs interact, resulting in letrozole concentrations approximately 35-40% lower than when letrozole is used alone.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10499602&dopt=Abstract

That why I said not to use the nolva more then a week together with femara, because it lowers plasma levels;)

JohnnyB

I forgot to answer the ? use 1.25mg eod that should do it if not up it to 2.5mg.

JohnnyB

so get rid of of the tamoxifen and add letrozole 2.5 mg ED for 4 days then go to 2.5MG EOD until you feel like you have the estrogen under control.

i take Novartis AG version of letrozole which is the real "femara" and let me tell you. it is powerful shit. liquid versions and generics don't compare. when i'm taking 1/2 tab of real Novartis femara my dick stops working within 48 hours.

femera is the ultimate dick and sex drive killer. You think deca was bad, this stuff works hours after you take it. NEVER AGAIN!

Bro, if your going to use this, use the least amount possible. Try maybe 2.5 every 3rd day or 1.25 EOD. You have to gauge it out yourself.

this stuff is so powerful, I question whether it is even a factor to worry about combining it with nolva... so what if it is 40% lower blood concentrations? I've used both together and the combo worked extremely well, you don't need much letro at all to get hard and dry

Back