How much potential for my frame?

I am 5'6, 140 lbs.

measurements:
39 inch chest
14 inch bicep
12 inch forearm
22 inch thigh
34 inch waist

I feel like there isn't much more growth space left on my frame? is that possible? I think it's because of my genetics holding me back (half chinese/korean). I've been training very hard, eating and resting alot but the strength remains the same.

what ya eating and lets see you routine. how long you been training, what gains you made so far and your age?

i'm 19, eating pastas, rice, burgers, anything with carbs and proteins.
I have been training for 2 years
training
in any order:
25lb bicep curls 5x5
35 lb chest fly 5x5
190 lb deltoid pulldown 5x5
100 lb deltoid flys 5x5
160 lb sitdown bench press 5x5
leg press 350 lbs 5x5

how many grams of protein a day you eating?

how many days a week you train?

do you do all these exercises every time?

break it down bro.

squats, deads and back work will make a difference.

read the sticky "do deadlifts thicken waste". there some good info in there and a little BS too. =0)

WTF is a deltiod fly and a deltoid pulldown? thats a new one on me.

pullinbig said:
how many grams of protein a day you eating?

how many days a week you train?

do you do all these exercises every time?

break it down bro.

squats, deads and back work will make a difference.

read the sticky "do deadlifts thicken waste". there some good info in there and a little BS too. =0)

WTF is a deltiod fly and a deltoid pulldown? thats a new one on me.

I eat about ~60 grams of protein every day.

train 3, sometimes 4 days a week

i don't do all the exercises all the time, some days i concentrate more on the upper body, some days more on the legs.

deltoid (lateral) pull-down is the machine where you sit, grab the top handles with both hands and pull down the weight, it works the deltoids and lower back.

Last edited:
"I eat about ~60 grams of protein every day"
Are you kidding me??? There u have youre problem man! 60 grams is like.. 1 meal for me!

to me you sound like a newb.. get a good routine man! not do like chest,abs,tris and bis on one day as im assuming you are doing now. It can look something like this:
Mon: Legs/Calves
Tue: Chest/Abs
Wed: Back/Traps
Thur: Shoulders/Tris
Fri: Bis/Forearms/Abs

Ans stay HEAVY ! and not to many sets.

You can grow until you can't get out of your own f#ckin way :laugh4: There are large asians, it will just take time and dedication.

I know a "little" chinese guy who is about 10%, 5'11" 260.

When I had your stats I was not yet entering high school, you have plenty more you can go with diet and training.

Last edited:
try the routine in the deadlift sticky. lifting 3 x per week is plenty to add mass. up you protein to 250-300g/d. you will see a difference quickly.

its not excess protein.

normally guys who are protein deprived see strength gains in the first week once they up thier protein.

i see it all the time at my gym and by guys on the web.

pullinbig said:
try the routine in the deadlift sticky. lifting 3 x per week is plenty to add mass. up you protein to 250-300g/d. you will see a difference quickly.

Indeed. I'm on this program now (just started), but I did Needsize's 5x5 for almost a year with very good results.

For you, I'd recommend sticking with PB's program for the time being, at least, and definitely upping the protein intake.

Also, how many total calories are you taking in every day? IMO, you should up it to at least 3500kCals/day or more and you should start seeing much better weight gain.

SpikeyLizard: hehe well 3500kcal will be a big BULK for a guy that size... but between 2700-3000 sound better. Who want to get fat?

Bast said:
SpikeyLizard: hehe well 3500kcal will be a big BULK for a guy that size... but between 2700-3000 sound better. Who want to get fat?

Nobody wants to get fat, but the amount of caloric intake required depends on his metabolism. If he's got a really fast metabolism, then he'll need more calories than if he's got a slow one.

Personally, my metabolism is about as slow as a 90 year old woman, but I still had to up my cals to around 5k/day to gain weight.

your stats are kinda close to mine, not sure on strength.

I am at 145 right now and started at 126 two years ago. Man there is so much size to be had. I am sitting at 5'5 and 20 years old right now. I have a buddy who is 5'6 and at his best was like 170, he was only 21 when this happened. HE had alotm ore he could have stacked on if he would have kept training like he was.

My personal goal is 190 at my best. Will that ever happen, you bet your ass it will. Will it happen within the next 2 or 3 years, rather doubtfull. But at 5'5 or if i do grow , i will hit 190. :}

i had one kid i trained who was 139lbs when he came to me. within 1 year he was at 216. his bench went from couldnt bench 135 to repping 225. he squats over 400 now and pulls almost 400. he was 15 when we started. 50lbs in one year is not unheard of depending on current routine and nutrition. his was all messed up but we got him straightened out. he wants to do some PLing comps for a few years then convert to BBing. his goal is 300lbs. he'll make it. he is about 5' 9" or so. he is a pleasure to work with. he does what ever i ask him to do.

Nobody wants to get fat, but the amount of caloric intake required depends on his metabolism. If he's got a really fast metabolism, then he'll need more calories than if he's got a slow one.

Personally, my metabolism is about as slow as a 90 year old woman, but I still had to up my cals to around 5k/day to gain weight.

When bulking should u increase your calories slowly to avoid excessive fat gain ?

Back