How much should I charge

dirkdiggler9969

I got this guy who lives next door to me that weighs about 260 maybe 6'. He's fat but you can tell he's not a lost cause, kinda corn-fed country-boy weight. Anyways, he approached me the other day about training him. He says he wants to get down to 230, 220. I've trained tons of my friends and I'm a high school wrestling coach so It would be no problem to train this dude. How much should I charge him? I don't have tons of freetime with work and coaching and could probably only commit to 3 days a week or so. Also I plan on planning his diet for him so include that. Thanks fellas.

dude u cant ask us that question.

you need to ask urself...'how much am i work?'

do i give the same service as joe bloggs down the road who charges 50 or am i work more?

dirkdiggler9969 said:
I got this guy who lives next door to me that weighs about 260 maybe 6'. He's fat but you can tell he's not a lost cause, kinda corn-fed country-boy weight. Anyways, he approached me the other day about training him. He says he wants to get down to 230, 220. I've trained tons of my friends and I'm a high school wrestling coach so It would be no problem to train this dude. How much should I charge him? I don't have tons of freetime with work and coaching and could probably only commit to 3 days a week or so. Also I plan on planning his diet for him so include that. Thanks fellas.

Honestly I'd say free broski. Think about when you first started lifting weights and getting in shape outside of sports. How much did the people that showed you how to lift charge? How much did it run you for the info on the internet and all the stuff you've read. The least people can do that know a little bit about lifting, like some people on here, is pass on that info to other people to give them a push in the right direction.

Now I'm not saying go John Basedow on his ass and show up at his house and do isolation curls in front of the tv set. Write down a basic ass workout on paper. Take him to the gym for a weeks with you and run him through it, when he does all the lifts properly let him go on his own. Tell him to stick with a few months and see where he is then. If he sticks with it to that point then it may be worth pursuing for cash to help him, since it'll be more in depth. But if he goes 4 weeks and then back to nothing then fuck it. I've had too many people ask for help, go buy an everlast weight belt, sweat band, Pumping Iron on DVD and VHS, show up and make it sound like they're shooting for a pro card next year. 3 weeks later they're no where to found. Gay

Reactions: jph
fuck that goofy motherfucker. Stick him for a c-note and send him on his merry way. You're a busy guy and your time is worth money. No jacked dudes helped me out, nor did I ask ... but coming from where I was, I would have got laughed at.

Niclipse said:
No jacked dudes helped me out, nor did I ask

197lbs @ 6-2" with running cycles like below maybe you should ask....

Dbol 55mg (w1-2, w8-12, ED)
Sust 250mg .7cc (w1-6, EOD)
Test E 325mg .7cc (w6-12)
Deca 300mg .7cc (w1-12, EOD)
Winny 55mg (w5-12, ED)
Mast 100mg 1cc (w5-12, EOD)
Letroz (ED)

I'm gonna charge him. He's gonna be working out at my gym and I'll have to adjust my busy schedule for. I don't know him, I've rained my friends for free but this dude is getting charged.

Button Buck said:

Winny 55mg (w5-12, ED)
Letroz (ED)

Training Forum quote of the day.

dirkdiggler9969 said:
Somebody help me out

going rate for a trainer in ny is around 70-150 an hour depending on who and where...like stated above depends on how much knowledge you have and what your going to do for him. one session with a standard workout plan, explaining the exercises and how to do them with proper form, and what to stay away from (bad form) i'd say around 80. . . thats found money dont get too greedy.

If he really wants this then take him on. But charge him accordingly. Free is not a good price. You are already a professional. Plus payment will make him value the time you spend training.

#1. Tell him in order to reach his goal he needs to train with you for a certain period of time. You evaluate him and decide this.

Lets say its 3 months. Decide how often he needs to meet with you. Lets say 3 times per week. That would be 12 weeks(3 months)x3(sessions per week)=36 session.

Minimum would be 70 per hour. You seem to have experiance so I would say your price should be at least $100.

So 100 x 36=$3600. If he needs to pay monthly thats fine. As long as he's getting results he'll keep coming back.

For $3600 you are going to be:
1. Adding years to his life.
2. Making him feel better about himself
3. Getting him stronger.
4. Making him look better.
The benefits are too many to name. But thats how i'd price it.

I'd also tell him that if he brings a friend, then you'll only charge each of them $75/hour.
-So he'll save money,
-he'll have a friend to compete against during the workout,
-you'll have an extra guy to help you spot if you do heavy squats or board presses,
-and you'll make more money! Which will make you really motivated to bust ass!

getfitdoc said:
If he really wants this then take him on. But charge him accordingly. Free is not a good price. You are already a professional. Plus payment will make him value the time you spend training.

#1. Tell him in order to reach his goal he needs to train with you for a certain period of time. You evaluate him and decide this.

Lets say its 3 months. Decide how often he needs to meet with you. Lets say 3 times per week. That would be 12 weeks(3 months)x3(sessions per week)=36 session.

Minimum would be 70 per hour. You seem to have experiance so I would say your price should be at least $100.

So 100 x 36=$3600. If he needs to pay monthly thats fine. As long as he's getting results he'll keep coming back.

For $3600 you are going to be:
1. Adding years to his life.
2. Making him feel better about himself
3. Getting him stronger.
4. Making him look better.
The benefits are too many to name. But thats how i'd price it.

I'd also tell him that if he brings a friend, then you'll only charge each of them $75/hour.
-So he'll save money,
-he'll have a friend to compete against during the workout,
-you'll have an extra guy to help you spot if you do heavy squats or board presses,
-and you'll make more money! Which will make you really motivated to bust ass!

I don't know how to put this lightly so I'll just come out and call this plan completely insane. If one's neighbor comes and asks for some training and you come back with a $3600 quote, he's going to tell you to go fuck yourself. I think it would be okay to charge him some loot, but let's be reasonable here.

Charge a one time fee to set him up with a diet, ie) macro breakdown, a sitdown on fitday and maybe go over a general training routine. If he wants personal attention at the gym rather than just consultation, charge him by the session, but I agree with bleach 100/hour is redic. Maybe 30-40/session. Shit 3x/w for a month is an extra $360 for hitting the gym for not-so-much effort. You could do your own routine and have him do his. (this is something I currently do myself - although I dont charge, works out great).

Button Buck said:

Winny 55mg (w5-12, ED)
Letroz (ED)

lol!!i was gonna say the same thing.

bleachcola said:
I don't know how to put this lightly so I'll just come out and call this plan completely insane. If one's neighbor comes and asks for some training and you come back with a $3600 quote, he's going to tell you to go fuck yourself. I think it would be okay to charge him some loot, but let's be reasonable here.

$100 per hour is reasonable where i live. The numbers i put in were not the point. He can plug in any numbers he wants. If its going to be a pain for him to train, then he should get paid for it. If he want to do it pro bono thats his choice.

It is a good idea to set the guy up on a program and just have him check in.

Charge whatever you feel is fair.

I wasn't trying to be an asshole about the rate, i just wanted to show you a basic idea.

getfitdoc said:
$100 per hour is reasonable where i live. The numbers i put in were not the point. He can plug in any numbers he wants. If its going to be a pain for him to train, then he should get paid for it. If he want to do it pro bono thats his choice.

It is a good idea to set the guy up on a program and just have him check in.

Charge whatever you feel is fair.

I wasn't trying to be an asshole about the rate, i just wanted to show you a basic idea.

Who the hell is charging $100 / hour in your area???

I'll go to charles glass and pay that (which is about what he charges) but not to many others.

Back