how often do you guys do decline bench

BALLER said:
how often do you guys do decline benchpress
depends...i switch it up alot...i used to do it about 1x per month....now it varies, been doing more flat and reverse grip....i like 2 switch it up.... wish i could do dips, but they really f up my shoulders, so do more reverse grip bench instead of dips

Every week, baby! Pro bbers do them every week, and so do I. If you want overall symetry in your pecs then you gotta do them at least every other week.

mr.big350 said:
Every week, baby! Pro bbers do them every week, and so do I. If you want overall symetry in your pecs then you gotta do them at least every other week.

Although I love them, I must admit this statement is a little bit of a stretch.

mr.big350 said:

Yes, every week. Lots of symmetry...

"I never do decline exercises for my chest. Never, ever. I think the person who invented decline machines and benches was just trying to make some money. And, hey, I never saw Arnold doing them so why should I?" -Kevin Levrone, Muscle & Fitness Jan '02.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCft-uNRrbE

Button Buck said:
Yes, every week. Lots of symmetry...

"I never do decline exercises for my chest. Never, ever. I think the person who invented decline machines and benches was just trying to make some money. And, hey, I never saw Arnold doing them so why should I?" -Kevin Levrone, Muscle & Fitness Jan '02.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCft-uNRrbE

heh .. im impressed.

I know theres a study on just about everything, but I've seen several that say the chest gets the most stimulation out of decline dumbells. I love decline.

dirkdiggler9969 said:
I know theres a study on just about everything, but I've seen several that say the chest gets the most stimulation out of decline dumbells. I love decline.

Post them up, don't be selfish with the info. Other ppl need to get swole too broski!

Jusee said:
Why dont you guys do decline?

For me it simply comes down to the fact that I think my effort/time is more efficiently spent utilizing other exercises. That's all.

Not very often it is fun to throw weight around on. When i was stacking tren test i was repping 315 for 5 on decline at the end of my workout.

Phil9999 said:
Not very often it is fun to throw weight around on. When i was stacking tren test i was repping 315 for 5 on decline at the end of my workout.

you might of wanted to wait till you could rep 315 paused flat bench till you started that tren/test stack.jumped the gun a bit didn't ya.

never.....decline is an ego booster, IMO. i see guys who can barely bench 135 put like high 200s and think they are the shit.

all shoulders, also IMO

fr8tren said:
never.....decline is an ego booster, IMO. i see guys who can barely bench 135 put like high 200s and think they are the shit.

all shoulders, also IMO

Depends on the person. Personally, I use more chest on decline than on any other angle. I tend to let my delts come into play too much on incline and flat.

Back