How the hell do you hard boil eggs...

Vennom96

...so that the shell and only the shell comes off with ease?

Almost everytime I hard boil eggs, when I try to peel them half the damn egg comes with it so after tearing tiny little pieces of shell off for 15 minutes, I'm down to just the yolk! :wallbash: That evil little sheething is the devil!

There has to be an easy way!

Little trick my mother taught me.

When the eggs are finished boiling. You might notice slight cracks is the shell, which will make it easier to peel.

Then...take the pot with the eggs and run it under cold water for a couple of minutes. This will cause the egg to start getting firm...thus making it easier to peel the shell from the white. Not the white from the yolk.

The idea is to let it cool.

I never had any problems with it. Experiment with letting them boil longer, and letting them cool down a bit afterwards.

off the top of my head, and i havent done this in a while, but put the eggs in a pot of cold water, bring to a boil, boil for exactly 10 minutes, then dump in ice cold water and rattle them around so the shells crack a lot, then they pretty much slide out of the shell.

I place eggs in a pot, put it on stove and let it boil for 20 minutes (5 of those is just for the water to actually start boiling), then I place the pot in the sink and let cold water run into it for a couple minutes until the eggs arent hot anymore.

The worst is when you dont let the eggs boil for long enough and you start peeling them and not only does the shell stick to the egg but the egg itself is all watery and not even hard.

I let the water boil...add the eggs...cook for 13-14 minutes...dump the water, run cold water and then immediatelly put them in the refrigerator...

My mom once told me to add vinegar to the water when cooking, as that will help the shells come off...:dunno:

Back