How to get rid of body acne

Dude, you must admit that this statement ^^ makes it sound like your blaming everything on accutane with no solid evidence to back it up.

Dont worry, I'm not going to post a load of studies against you now that you've clarified that it wasn't the ONLY cause of those issues.
It may have had an influence on the health problems you developed, but to highlight it as the only, or even the main, cause would be wrong without solid evidence.

I see what you mean. Cheers.

There's no way I'm going on accutane.

I'm on an AI at the moment called e-control rx. I take about one pill a day and it has 25mgs of the active ingredient per pill. I might up it to two, but what's the rush?

What is the active ingredient? Anastrozole? Exemestane? Letrozole?

Suntanning does help dry up the acne. I also had back and shoulder acne and used the zinc protocol for a few weeks and cleared it right up. Stopped for a few and came back so now I've been back on for two weeks and clean as a whistle.

Why not use a real aromatase inhibitor?

I already have this stuff and it worked for me pretty well as a PCT. So in that regard I know it's effective. I've also had terrible experience with clomid and nolva which really turned me off any heavy stuff.

Suntanning does help dry up the acne. I also had back and shoulder acne and used the zinc protocol for a few weeks and cleared it right up. Stopped for a few and came back so now I've been back on for two weeks and clean as a whistle.

Can you buy zinc over the counter?

I always found showering immediately after workouts and any other time you have a chance helps with acne. cool or cold showers seem to work best. I also splash cold water on my face every time I'm near a sink or washroom and seems to work well, keeping the oil away as much as possible. a towel in the gym and wiping sweat off regularly will also help. my 2cnts.

I already have this stuff and it worked for me pretty well as a PCT. So in that regard I know it's effective. I've also had terrible experience with clomid and nolva which really turned me off any heavy stuff.

Can you buy zinc over the counter?
you can't use an AI as pct....only serms will work for that. and the stuff you're using is hardly effective as an AI at any reasonable dose. read up on it.

thank you for this. its amazing to how people think they know so much about something. if accutane (like AAS) is done properly and labs are done regularly and kept in line there should not be any of these issues. guys think that the side effects are so bad with but they will suffer insomnia, high bp, no libido, lose their hair, acne, levated heart rate (and the list goes on forever) but think that a little dry skin and chapped lips are the end of the world. everyone worries about liver function. i was on 120mg of accutane a day and drink beer on the weekends and my liver panels were fine. dont believe all of the hype about how bad accutane is. if you have ever had a truely SEVERE case of cystic acne and knew how bad the pain was, you would understand how great accutane can be. i am so thankful for it. Because NOTHING and i mean NOTHING else helped.

Last edited:
I've been on accutane for 4 months now at 80mg/day and my only side effects are dry lips and eyes and the occasional nose bleed because of a dry nose, but so far it has worked wonders for me. I tried everything from zinc to proactivand every other trick I heard, but this is the only thing that has given me actual relief. Totally worth it IMO

Right now I am just getting over some horrible horrible acne from me being a dumb ass and doing to big of a cycle. The worst thing about acne is with in a few months it can cause scars that will effect the rest of your life. So my message to the OP would be to stop fucking around go to a dermatologist and tell them you were taking pro hormones and it gave you acne. Than they will give you blood tests and see where your estrogen is and all that good stuff. Than they will most likely give you a topical cream or a prescription to antibiotic pills that treat acne.

You said you had some pretty bad acne so if that is true the dermatologist is the best option. On a whole another note I considered Accutane a few months ago and did some heavy research on it. And I basically interviewed every person I knew who had taken it. And every single one of them says Accutane caused them long term depression or some sort of mental problem. I looked up studies online and they claim Accutane does not cause suicidal depression or anything like that. But in cat scans of the brain their is a permanent change to your brain after you take Accutane.

So my conclusion is that Accutane changes your brain chemistry and that could potentially lead to a lot of different problems.

Right now I am just getting over some horrible horrible acne from me being a dumb ass and doing to big of a cycle. The worst thing about acne is with in a few months it can cause scars that will effect the rest of your life. So my message to the OP would be to stop fucking around go to a dermatologist and tell them you were taking pro hormones and it gave you acne. Than they will give you blood tests and see where your estrogen is and all that good stuff. Than they will most likely give you a topical cream or a prescription to antibiotic pills that treat acne.

You said you had some pretty bad acne so if that is true the dermatologist is the best option. On a whole another note I considered Accutane a few months ago and did some heavy research on it. And I basically interviewed every person I knew who had taken it. And every single one of them says Accutane caused them long term depression or some sort of mental problem. I looked up studies online and they claim Accutane does not cause suicidal depression or anything like that. But in cat scans of the brain their is a permanent change to your brain after you take Accutane.

So my conclusion is that Accutane changes your brain chemistry and that could potentially lead to a lot of different problems.

I took Accutane along with 3 other friends in high school and we are all fine and haven't had acne in 12 years (I had terrible chest acne). I took it when I was 16, I had to cover my lips with zinc because even a minute inv the sun would cause then to burn and blister but it was worth it. I have anxiety as of 22(family history) but my friends have 0 issues amd are both still acne free

Great, can you post up your bloodwork?

No I haven't got any done yet. I'm still on the e-control. I'm using about 1 a day because I had a bad reaction to the NAC in it. Just going off the old eye test, I have no problem getting hard, I feel pretty good all day, I'm motivated to achieve my goals, etc.

Back