how to know if you overtrain ?

BrianJG054

how do you know if you overtrain or not ? I usually workout until my muscles are dead and i just want to go inside and sleep.

are you growing? are your core lifts moving up steadily every 2-3 weeks or so?
if not then it is possible something is wrong with your routine/diet

It is important to lift hard when you do lift. I've noticed that many guys don't lift with much intensity but at the same time they lift too often. Like doing bench press three times/week with no supporting exercises.

Disclaimer: I have little idea what I'm talking about when it comes to proper training.

mranak said:
It is important to lift hard when you do lift. I've noticed that many guys don't lift with much intensity but at the same time they lift too often. Like doing bench press three times/week with no supporting exercises.

Disclaimer: I have little idea what I'm talking about when it comes to proper training.

i very rarely lift with any excitement/psyche up even when doing max effort type work..when i get on the bench or under te bar i focus but i dont really psyche myself up at all..

but yeah i love those guys benching 3 times/week and wondering why they are stuck at whatever weight lol

blackbeard said:
i very rarely lift with any excitement/psyche up even when doing max effort type work..when i get on the bench or under te bar i focus but i dont really psyche myself up at all.
LOL. Well, I can relate to you when it comes to my own lifting. That said, I watched pullinbig and the guys in his gym maxing out on deads a few week back and if those guys weren't psyched up, then I don't know what is. Hell, even I was kind of psyched up just watching them; it is hard not to be when that much weight is getting picked up by anyone.

Getting excited isn't what I meant when I said "intensity", however. What do I mean? I'm still learning and figuring that out. I do know what intensity does not mean half-assing your workout.

BrianJG054 said:
yes iam getting very nice gains from what i am doing so far. iam very happy with my results so far.

then you are probably going fine

if I am over training I feel pretty lethargic all the time, and strangely I often end up having trouble sleeping.

My workouts suffer, i run out of energy half way through and I struggle to hit numbers that should be pretty easy. Going to the gym begins to feel like a chore.

BrianJG054 said:
yes iam getting very nice gains from what i am doing so far. iam very happy with my results so far.

if your gaining then everything is fine..
whats your routine like and what sort of gains are you seeing?

Back