How to talk to your Doc

Eze

How do you guys go about talking to your doctor about steroids? I know that some of you choose to keep it a secret, so this question isn't directed to you.

If my doctor was ever to ask me if I have taken steroids I don't know what I should say. He specializes in Sports Medicine, so I'm sure he knows his shit, but I'm not sure how he would react.

Mine asked me a while back so I just came out and told him. I gave him an idea of the research that I had done so he knew that I wasnt doing it blindly. He just let me know that he couldnt approve of it professionally, but wasnt going to lecture either. Since then we talk pretty openly about it

Everyone reading this thread should keep in mind that there is probably a difference between Canada and the US. As far as I understand it, the way the Canadian healthcare system works, there really is no risk of being denied future coverage even if it comes out that you are using steroids. In the US, however, that is a risk you take when you disclose your drug use to your doctor/insurance company.

needsize said:
Mine asked me a while back so I just came out and told him. I gave him an idea of the research that I had done so he knew that I wasnt doing it blindly. He just let me know that he couldnt approve of it professionally, but wasnt going to lecture either. Since then we talk pretty openly about it

I'm still trying to figure out if I will tell him or not. I won't offer the information, but if he asks I don't know what I will say.

Did you make sure your doc kept it confidential? I don't think I would want it in my record if I told him that I have used steroids.

well i am in the US and an unfortunate bullshit thing happened to me in dec 2001 and i had to go under the knife when i returned to earth i was in the ICU and the first thing the doc asked me if i was on steriods or hard supplements, he told me that its very important that i tell him so i told him i did it but i was off now and i was just supplementing, they had to bring in all my suppliments and check them out for test and androgens, he told me if it wasnt for the juice in my system i woulda died...let some1 try to bash juice now ill protect that shit to the end...he also told me that if i was on the juice he would have to keep me on it and ween me off of it, i thought to myself DAMN IT ! i shouldve told him i was on GH lol but long story short, if you and your doc are cool like that let him know hes give u some advice and even monitor u, but he wont shoot u ;)

Easto,
Just curious how you find a doctor that specializes in sports medicine? I thought these doc's mainly dealth with sports injuries and were not family DR's. I would love to find a doctor that specializes in sports medicine.

In the past, I have kept my use from my DR but am currently looking for a doctor that is willing to do bloodwork and monitor me while on AAS. My T levels are low naturally as well, so I am hoping to get on the Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). My last DR chalked my low T up to stress. Right now, I am on self-perscribed Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) but am hoping to get it legitimately and get monitored. I have an appointment with a new DR at the end of the month and am hoping for the best.

Once I find a DR that I am comfortable talking to, I will have no problem admitting my use. I bet your sports doctor has heard it all before bro. Just be straight and upfront with him and approach it from a health standpoint (that you have decided to use Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and that you would like your blood monitored to make sure everything is okay). The worst that can happen is a quick lecture about Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and then at least he will know when he is reading your bloodwork why something might be out of wack.

Last edited:
Too be honest I never asked him to keep it confidential. It was funny one of the last times I went in for my stomach problem. A cute little oriental med student came in to ask me all the questions. When she asked, I told her I was on steroids. She looked shocked, then asked where I got them from. I told her there was a guy that hangs out on the corner near my house that sells the stuff....

TESTinME said:
Easto,
Just curious how you find a doctor that specializes in sports medicine? I thought these doc's mainly dealth with sports injuries and were not family DR's. I would love to find a doctor that specializes in sports medicine.

In the past, I have kept my use from my DR but am currently looking for a doctor that is willing to do bloodwork and monitor me while on AAS. My T levels are low naturally as well, so I am hoping to get on the Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). My last DR chalked my low T up to stress. Right now, I am on self-perscribed Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) but am hoping to get it legitimately and get monitored. I have an appointment with a new DR at the end of the month and am hoping for the best.

I used to have an old doctor, but then he retired. So 2 doctors took over his practice. They are married and it happend that my doc is specialized in sports medicine. I am actually going to see him this afternoon @3:30 because I have been having shoulder problems. He actually gave my mom an injection in her shoulder (she messed up her rotator cuff) and she said she didn't even feel a thing. I am hoping I can get the same thing. I have had this nagging shoulder problem since I hurt it in hockey about 5 years ago.

TESTinME said:
Easto,

Once I find a DR that I am comfortable talking to, I will have no problem admitting my use. I bet your sports doctor has heard it all before bro. Just be straight and upfront with him and approach it from a health standpoint (that you have decided to use Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and that you would like your blood monitored to make sure everything is okay). The worst that can happen is a quick lecture about Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and then at least he will know when he is reading your bloodwork why something might be out of wack.

I just don't want it in my record for various reasons.

needsize said:
Too be honest I never asked him to keep it confidential. It was funny one of the last times I went in for my stomach problem. A cute little oriental med student came in to ask me all the questions. When she asked, I told her I was on steroids. She looked shocked, then asked where I got them from. I told her there was a guy that hangs out on the corner near my house that sells the stuff....
i know the corner you are talking about hes a good bro :D , i personally dont risk telling my doc , if he puts it in your record it will come back to haunt you

Back