HRT question

michael T

I have a question about Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) using transdermals and switching to an injectable. I've been on transdermals now for about 5 months (Testim)and can
only get my levels into the low 400's. I am either going to ask my Dr to put me on a compounded T cream with a higher dosage or should I go for an injection?
I am kind of squeemish about needles and all. I am 44 and I know I would feel
better in the 800 range. You guys have experience in this stuff. Help. Do you
get used to the pain with a needle?

Thanks
Michael T, :)

michael T said:
I have a question about Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) using transdermals and switching to an injectable. I've been on transdermals now for about 5 months (Testim)and can
only get my levels into the low 400's. I am either going to ask my Dr to put me on a compounded T cream with a higher dosage or should I go for an injection?
I am kind of squeemish about needles and all. I am 44 and I know I would feel
better in the 800 range. You guys have experience in this stuff. Help. Do you
get used to the pain with a needle?

Thanks

After the first couple of times it doesnt feel a thing, just like a little pinch. Pretty soon youll be wanting those injections. So yes you will get used to it.

Try rubbing the transdermal on your nuts. That allegedly increases the absorption rate from 5% to about 50%. It also causes a significant increase in DHT, so you have to watch that. But I can tell you from experience that it makes a big diference in your total test level.

Parteeman said:
Try rubbing the transdermal on your nuts. That allegedly increases the absorption rate from 5% to about 50%. It also causes a significant increase in DHT, so you have to watch that. But I can tell you from experience that it makes a big diference in your total test level.
Applying Androgel or Testim to the nuts is likely to increase DHT several times above range. That is unhealthy and even dangerous. Testosterone preparations that are to be applied to the testes are dosed differently than Androgel or Testim (either less testosterone in the cream or less cream is applied). Thus, I must advice against this practice.

The transdermals are better than the shots for certain people, because of two reasons:
-the transdermals raise DHT more than the shots, which usually makes the patient feel better
-some people aren't going to do Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) if they have to do the shots.

Personally, I do the shots. If the Testim doesn't work, then you could give Androgel a try. If Testim and Androgel don't work, then the shots (given WEEKLY) are your next best bet.

Thanks Guys

I want to say thanks guys! All of your info is great! And yes I have already
tried androgel. It dried my skin out very bad. I guess I will give the shots a go.
One of the problems with the gel is it just wouldn't get my levels high enough.
My free T has always been below low 10.7 [11.0 - 40.0]. Even on the gels
it only came up to 12.8. My libido is about dead and I have lost 1/2 inch in
my heighth. My penile sensitivity is extremely low, feels numb at times. Can I say that here? I can only bench press about 88 lbs, I've lost a lot of my
strength. This whole mess started as a result of 2 double hernia surgeries that I
have had over the past 10 years. I hope the injections will make me feel better.
Thanks again guys !

Back