I broke 200 on my bench!

TANK said:
"Congratulations!!! Keep at it. Just do it right and be careful!!" Ditto. I don't do BP anymore bec of pushing it - real stupid. Doc said pray every morn and thank God I can lift my arm. BS, I am lifting hard and gettin ggood results now. Just no BP.
Thanks bro. Sorry to hear about your story, I would (and you should) be thankful for at least still being able to lift

a year or two back i tore/split (whatever you want to call it) a big nerve from my arm to the beginning of my bicep. No surgery, got cortico-steroids, and it did not help, thought the doc would say no more lifting, it's the worst thing to think of. i still have no feeling in the thumb area, and the doc said it will go away, still has not gone away, but fuck it.

moral of the story is: No matter how experianced you are, always be careful when trying to reach your goal, take it one step at a time

bigjay00 said:
hehe, thats my unrealistic goal :D
\

I broke 200 at 14, and a year and half later broke 300 at 16. You will be surprised at how your weights keep going up when you are still young. Just bust your ass, and don't neglect squats, deadlifts, heavy shoulder work, skull crushers, close grip benches. You are on your way bro, just keep working.

try the doggcrap training method. use the search to find it. i feel larger and stronger than ever. bench up 40 lbs in four weeks. the principle is bust your ass.

Congrats Bro!!

Just make sure your technique is good. Flat bench kills my shoulders. I dont know if it is from bad tech. or 10yrs of baseball?

I was bench pressing since i was 14. All i had was one of those old bench only metal benches. My current max is about 380. The only way i can do that now is to load up on Advil for the bum shoulder.

Keep up the hard work!!!!!!!!1:D

My friend who is 155lbs and 5ft7 lift 285lbs....LOL
And he is totally clean...no juice.

He has been lifting for off on and for 5 years :)

congrats bro. keep up the good work . I will never forget the feeling of lifting 225lbs.........Then of course the even better feeling was lifting 315lbs. I am currently at 355lbs now but I am not going to be satisfied until I know what it feels like to lift 4 wheels. 405lbs .....NO PAIN NO GAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just keep doing what you've been doing. You'll be working out with 225 in no time. And my friend, that is a good feeling. When you go in the gym and slap on four plates and put it up 6 or 7 times. Just keep it up, and in a few months you'll be amazed.

Then you'll turn 18 and plateu, but don't worry about that now.

I remember I felt like such a stud when I did 225 for the first time. Nothing like the CLANK of sliding a second plate on their.

bigjay00 said:
let me start off by saying my dream (realistic) max is 225. i usually do 180 in the gym.....

today i decided to max out, i got all the way to 205! i tried 215 after that but it ended up being to much, couldn't bring it all the way down so i did not count it

now it might not be a big deal to the monsters on the board, but it feels good for me, just thought i would share

Good job jay...what are you on right now?good strenght gain...dont stop at 225 either...never say cant...I put up 320 now and suprised te shit outta myself...

anabolic activator said:
just keep training heavy. u would be suprised, heavy deadlifts will put some good wieght on your bench
Could you explain this ?I see no correlation between the two.
Thanks

anabolic activator said:
just keep training heavy. u would be suprised, heavy deadlifts will put some good wieght on your bench
Dude, I'm not a newbie lol

I should work my lats/tri/chest for bench, not my legs :rolleyes:

bigjay00 said:
Dude, I'm not a newbie lol

I should work my lats/tri/chest for bench, not my legs :rolleyes:

IF you don't think strengthening your whole back will help your bench, by doing heavy deads, you should think again. Most big benchers i see have enormous traps and a fucking thick ass back.

Back