I formally request a sticky

GymLift

We need a thread that explains MMA from the start for people like me.

Not just boring technical introduction but a sales pitch to get people like myself, that don't really understand MMA, interested.

Just my 2 cents.

Modern MMA(Mixed Martial Arts) tournaments began to rise as a popular phenomenon back in 1993 with the UFC(Ultimate Fighting Championship) PRIDE FC and other cage based promotions, based the concept of two fighters using different fighting styles against each other in competition with minimal rules in place, in an attempt to determine which system would be more effective and superior in a reallife combat situation.

MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) is a full contact combat sport in which a large variety of fighting styles and techniques are used, including striking, submission and grappling.

Since hitting the main strem the sport has grown in strength, popularity and now carries a vast following of fans throughout the world.

Amazing what a little cut, paste and modifying can do.

Last edited:
mranak said:
We need a thread that explains MMA from the start for people like me.

Not just boring technical introduction but a sales pitch to get people like myself, that don't really understand MMA, interested.

Just my 2 cents.

Two men enter the cage. They fight. One wins.

Two men enter, one man leave! Beyond thunderdome... wow, that movie was ahead of it's time :)

..If you can, download some of the very first UFC's.. it's great. Alot like Blood sport really. All different styles, seeing who's is superior.

Back