I found a sled.

a chute is a good alternative....i do sprints with it to get ready for flag football season. before you tough guys laugh, take into consideration that i'm almost 38 yrs. old!! but i like the chute...i'll try to find a link for those interested, or type "DeMarini running chute" into a search bar.

BronzedGoddess said:
This morning I went to the high school track to run bleachers. Lo and behold 2 sleds were next to the long jump pit. So how often should I drag this thing? 3 times a week sound good? Thanks in advanced.

LMFAO!! We have a fucking ton of snow where I live and at first I thought you meant you found a sled as in to go down hills in the snow. Then as I read on and you asked how often you should drag it, I thought you meant that you found a snow mobile (because the hicks around here call them sleds) and stole it and wanted to know how often you should race with it.

I now realize that it does not snow in every part of the country.

Mr.SUST said:
a chute is a good alternative....i do sprints with it to get ready for flag football season. before you tough guys laugh, take into consideration that i'm almost 38 yrs. old!! but i like the chute...i'll try to find a link for those interested, or type "DeMarini running chute" into a search bar.

I've always wanted to try this chute thing. Seems to me you need more real estate for the chutes where that wouldn't be the case for the sleds. Do you just switch over to a bigger chute to get more resistance? Is that the same company that makes the bats?

Chutes work, the only problem is the varying winds can mess you up. you also need more than one sized chute to beat accomodation. You can use sled for speed training, as long as you don't use too much weight.

what is the weight of a sled (empty). is there a standard or does it vary among different manufacturers? It looks like an ass kicker which i like.

It varies. Most of them weigh about 45 lbs though. The trick to knowing how much weight you can or cant use is if your sprinting form is exactly the same as if you were pulling without the sled.

Conditioning with the sled is some of the hardest shit ive ever done in my life!!!

hmmm..let me ask you this Skar...I don't lift to look a certain way, it's just a bonus for me..I lift for power but don't consider myself a power lifter, just love to lift heavy..my question is, could you make the sled a part of a weekly routine for maybe on leg day or would you just be too wiped out after doing squats, extensions, etc...then going out to pull. How does this work in to a routine? I ask because looking over others routines, I never see sleds in them, so i'm figuring it's maybe an every now and again thing to change the scene. Do you use it on the regular with your athletes?

i use it on the regular, same with my athletes. I typically use it after my heavy leg days because it helps them recover an dfor a bonus it adds size.. however u can also do upper-body exercises with it too for the same effect. Sometimes I add sled pulling as an exercise to my routine.. IE i needed to improve quad strength so i did backward sled drags for 4 sets for 50 yard passes with about a min rest in b/t each set. I dont think you could bang out an intnese session after a workout though. Most literature ive read says after about an hours workout your energy/test goes down then it takes at least a half hour before youre recovered and can start exercising again.

heres a sled pulling manual

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1730&d=1200892209

password = ocb2008

Should answer all your Qs pretty thorougly there

BIGFOOD said:
I've always wanted to try this chute thing. Seems to me you need more real estate for the chutes where that wouldn't be the case for the sleds. Do you just switch over to a bigger chute to get more resistance? Is that the same company that makes the bats?
you can get a bigger chute or add a second of the same size. same company as the bats.

skarhead1 said:
Chutes work, the only problem is the varying winds can mess you up. you also need more than one sized chute to beat accomodation. You can use sled for speed training, as long as you don't use too much weight.
true, it helps to run directly into the wind. otherwise, itcatches the chute and pulls you to one side or the other.

Back