i lack thickness in my legs

mister69

i have lean legs, they are strong and i am content with the strength, but i want some more thickness.

would it be ok to hit my legs twice a week?

suggestions please

thanks guys

-mister-

dont hit them twice per week.

Hit them heavy and hit them hard! full range of motion will help.

THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN DOING, guess it just will take time and alot of heavey eating and lifting.

all the muslces are there (aka really cut, but not big legs)

in time

-mister-

Do you squat? Front Squat? Do you use high/low repetitions?
Try switching/modifying your leg workout.

Do squats and keep your reps at 20 (or close to 20 with failure). IMO these are way tougher than 8 rep squats and they will make your legs grow like weeds. I do something like this:

135 x 20
225 x 20
315 x 20
405 x failure

I squat in a squat rack and I set the pins low enough so I can go ass to the floor on squats. I have a partner there for my last set and when I get stuck at the botttom I have them help me roll the bar off my shoulders.

If you do something similar to this, you don't need to hit another quad exercise. If you can give 100% effort on another set of squats or any other quad exercise, than you did not bust your balls on your last set of squats.

- Keep good form and controlled reps
- Ass to the floor (none of that 1/2 rep shit)
- I like to wear a belt on the last set, but it is a personal preference

Hitting them twice a week should be good as long as your CNS can handle it.

Do what I suggested and you don't need to hit them twice per week. You should be having a tough time walking for a few days after this!!!

My quads are probably my best bodypart and this is pretty much all I have done for the last few months. If I would have known how well this worked 3 years ago, I would have been doing this for 3 years now.

Regular squats twice a week, 5-7 sets w/ good weights and moderate reps 8-12-go too low in reps and you risk injury. Use a spotter or Smith machine to go to failure.

IMO 2/3 squats down to a bench beat anything else for size and don't hurt the knees if a good warmup's done first-light squats/stationary bike. High reps might be effective but would still require fairly serious weight. 1 or 1 1/2 minutes between sets.

Last edited:
Back