I was prescribed this for acne...

outlawtas

I went to a walk in and the doc prescribed "Keflex" to treat my acne breakout. I believe it's an anti-biotic.

Should I take it or does she have no clue what she's doing? PS she did not know that it was steroid induced, so I can't bag on her.

She also prescribed a topical for me call "Fucilin" or "Fucidin" I can't really read her writing. Anyone heard of it?

my doc gave me clindamycin (antibiotic cream) and tretinoin (vitamin A cream). she knew the acne was steroid induced. they take several weeks to take effect so i still have bad acne.

Vitamin A @ 25000iu a day. just read a couple articles will post if i can find. Ive been on it for a week and notice a difference.

when i was in post cycle therapy (pct) of my last cycle, i had really bad outbreaks on my shoulders and upper back. i went to the dermotologist and he gave me some tetracycline and some antibotic cream as well, and it helped. now im not sure if my hormones were flucuating...or whatever the hell it was.

Tetracycline is a more common Rx anti-biotic for acne but what she gave you should work. Just remember anti-biotics interfere with protein synthesis so don't take it for weeks on end or it could slow your gains on cycle.

DocJ said:
Tetracycline is a more common Rx anti-biotic for acne but what she gave you should work. Just remember anti-biotics interfere with protein synthesis so don't take it for weeks on end or it could slow your gains on cycle.

Thanks Doc, I'm actually not on cycle right now.

The prescription is for 7 days I believe.

Back