If you could choose 3 exercises for tricep/biceps what would they be (arm size)

goingtowin

Well this is mainly about my arms. My arms lack compared to the rest of my body..

Chest/back/legs and everything else is moving along nicely however my arms are out of proportion.

Thank god I have nice traps because it gives me that pitbull look even though I have small arms lol.

Anyways if you could choose 3 exercises for just straight up size for biceps and 3 for triceps what would they be?? What has worked for you?

Also for biceps my huge concern is my arms look small from the front. (decent from the sides) what should I do?

Thanks guys.

Im start to think doing arm exercises are flame, i haven't done them an over a year and my arms are the same size maybe even a quarter inch bigger

Compound movements do stimulate the arms, but for isolation I choose:

Bis:
Hammer curls
Incline dumbbell curls
Cable preacher curls

Note: I don't care how good someone thinks their form is, I've yet to see someone that can lift the same weight seated, which tells me there's a lot more back involvement than most want to acknowledge. ;)

Tris:
Reverse dips (facing backwards)
Triceps push-downs (elbows tucked in or you're asking for it)
Narrow grip chest press

Note: In my experience, elbows suffer if your elbows flare at all as it changes the geometry of the exercise. Focus on a nice controlled contraction/extension, and change will happen.

Of course, the biggest exercise for growth is the fork to mouth raise. If one is stuck, odds are calories are too low.

My .02c :)

I agree with halfwit, isolating the muscle changes the game. I am restricted to doing only isolation exercises that do not involved the back or neck at all, so I am doing seated machine bicep and tricep curls. Very different from standing up and doing them.

You seem to be fixated on the number 3. For arm size what if I told you I know a guy and he rkns 3cc's..... Actually nah don't worry about that. Stick to the basic movements and eat. They will grow :D

I've noticed personally that my arms came along, size wise anyways, in time. It won't happen overnight regardless of what exercises u go with. Sheer diligence is key. Change has worked great as well, don't keep the routine the same and grow stagnant. And of course I do agree, EAT!!

Bi's:
Hammer Curls
Concentration Curls
Barbell (or curl bar) standing curl

Tri's:
Close Grip Bench
Rope tricep pushdowns (elbows tight to side flaring hands out at end of movement)
Dip Machine (this way I can use the position where my hands are BEHIND my back

Triceps:

Weighted dips
V Bar pushdowns
Dumbell Kickbacks

Biceps:

Wide grip preacher curls
Standing barbell curls
Hammer curls

Key Factors:

Triceps: elbows tight to the sides, maximum contraction through the target muscle... drop sets and supersets all the way with triceps to offer a different stimulus to what they get on chest day!

Biceps: pin the elbows to the sides and only bend the arm, do not raise the arm! If the bar is coming up to chin height, congratulations, you've just trained front delts!

Back