IM gluteal injection bleeding.

Blidds

Doing my first cycle 250 test E twice a week @10 wks and my first Injection went well IMO. Timed my injection around 35 seconds pulled needle and it bled 2 drops . Hurt for a couple days now I did my second injection earlier today and I injected almost identical spot and after I pulled the needle blood ran right down my glute onto my pants hurried up and wiped it and held the injection site and stopped bleeding immediately. My question is did I lose the gear if it bled like that (and if so should i inject again) or did I nick something and blood only came out....and yes i aspirated no blood. Thanks for replys in advance

Good to have you here! the amount of gear that you lose via blood leakage is nonessential. what size needle are you pinning with? are you usong the same needle to withdraw the test to pin with?
why a ten week cycle? 12 weeks is better for you as a first cycle.
whar else are you pinning, hcg?

Yes same needle for withdrawal and inj. 23 gauge 1-1/2 in. Only pinning test E. Have Nolva on hand. I was told by my supplier 10 wk cycle to start and see what happens. Im doing a cycle with a friend of mine we are both on same cycle at the same time.

Shouldn't use the same needle for both. Could get contaminated and needle tip dulls. What is your complete cycle plan?

Yeah......not losing much if any through the bleeding. Probably one out of 3 or 4 shots bleeds more than I'd like:) no biggie, wipe the blood away and keep going.
I've tried draw and pin with same needle and I've swapped out as well. Using different needles works better for me. Drawing with 18 or 20 makes it a lot easier to draw. I like to inject with 22.......barely feel it and it's easier to get the oil out. 23 works GREAT too though.
Answer the guys above if you would like some more advice.

Make sure you have a pct lined up......wait the appropriate time after to start it (for a better shot at full recovery) Eat enough to meet your goals. I grossly underestimated the importance of the food when I started.
And oh yeah......enjoy the ride bro

Hi welcome to the board. :wavey:

I will get straight to your fears. So listen we all have gone thru this when we were new at it. I'm talking about your fear that this was not normal. So right off the bat the bleeding a drop can happen often. During my Quad and a glute injection the blood squirted out like squirt gun. Just one squirt. Those two times I believe I nicked a vein or when thru one. Not a problem cause there is the normal BP and a slight vacuum so it followed the needle out.

Let me explain and i will try to be brief, Not only are there veins but there are the capillaries and we are piercing them everywhere when we get punctured by anything, right ? Well they usually do not bleed much. Look at the Glucose test on your finger tip. Just think how you bleed a drop when stuck by a tack or a shallow cut. those are capillaries. :Pat: Simple !

Now when we do IM injections we are going in at a 90 degree or close to the veins. TO IV you go as close to parallel 20 degrees :dunno: but so, entering the needle can slip into the vein and with a VERY STEADY hand stay in the vein during the entire injection. Many time IV injections will bleed a little like when having blood draw and they wrap the piece of gauze on it. SO a FACT is that it is very difficult to stay in the vein. A minuscule amount of movement and you are out the other side or the side of the vein. :nono: Now we got blood.

In the case of IM you would have to blindly enter a vein and be steady enough to STAY in... :Pat: I tell you from almost 40 years of experience you will not stay in. Haven't you had a nurse miss and more then once while taking blood. Hell they are watching and propping on something to stay steady etc... Also and any amount of Oil you get into the vein will not bother you. You will never get more the a very small amount. I've seen this and i have experienced this. Others might as well tell you that they have had the same experience. So do not worry.

Now as for aspiration it is purely your choice. But as i tell you it is a waste of time , for some people, nerves and others they are too shaky. Then you have the false alarm. YOU see a tiny bit of blood and panic and pull out... While it could have been several capillaries bleeding together to give blood a bit enough. . Or the vein however I tell you most probably would not get much blood to fill because by then you will be out of the vein. IN doubt just move that needle and you ARE OUT just that simple.

I myself use a 23G x 1" I will draw with the 23G it's a little slow , I don't care. . Then I use the same 23G and inject. This I've done for YEARS. I do like a 25G x 5/8"for pectorals.
I myself do not like Quads they always bleed, the left always more. Only if I puncture more then 2 Vials do i then change the injecting needle to a new point. Listen i have two daughters that are RN's a niece is an MD, my father an MD years ago he injected us very often at home they all agree NO Aspirating they do not teach it in the RN's schooling anymore.

Oh well I tried to be brief :( but they know me here.

Good Luck, OMM

PS:.... :Pat: I am not a doctor. OMM

Last edited:
i dont understand why people inject glutes in the first place..

quads.. delts.. all day

i dont understand why people inject glutes in the first place..

quads.. delts.. all day

Why is That? I only pin glutes. What are the reasons for your preference? Don't take this the wrong way....i honestly want to learn something here. I've seen you post a lot and I know that you know your shit.
Thanks bro

Why is That? I only pin glutes. What are the reasons for your preference? Don't take this the wrong way....i honestly want to learn something here. I've seen you post a lot and I know that you know your shit.
Thanks bro
look at the difference..

glute injections you gotta use a needle that is at least 1 inch.. usually 1.5.. and use a 23-25g needle..

when i inject quads or delts i use a 5/8 inch 27g needle..

I've had the same experience as Oldmusclemike on a couple of occasions.
Pierced a Vein on my Quad, and on the way out, had a Small Geiser.

I use to use my Glutes years ago.
But in the last 10 years, I do Quads and Delts, as I can control the Needle better.

I warm my Vials in some Hot Water.
Then I use a 25 Gauge to draw with, comes right up.
Even my 400 Mg/Ml Boldenone, which is thick if you don't warm it up.
I have found that I rarely get any PIP anymore, and Bleeding is Minimal.

For Quads I use a 25 Gauge x 5/8".
For Delts I use a 27 Gauge x 1/2".
Don't like the Larger Gauges, as I've Too many years under my belt, and I'm trying to keep any Future Scar Tissue to a Minimum............................. JP
P.S.
Oh, and I use 1 Needle to Draw everything up with.
Then I switch to a New Needle to Inject.

I get my Syringes for Free, from the Needle Exchange Program.
You can Google for one in your State.

Nasen dot org /directory/

Hey guys sorry for not getting back quick. My full cycle includes the following:
Test E 250 mg pin twice a week to come out as 500mg
After my 4th pin nolva every other day (prone to gyno since i had small case during puberty)
14 days after last injection
Nolva 40/40/20/20 4 weeks every day
My source has AI on hand if I get sides. He told me this is what I should Run. Im doing 3rd pin today.
To give you better idea of myself-
5'11
190 lbs
10-12% BF
21 yrs old
Have bodybuilding comps under my belt. Mens physique class natty.

Guys i just noticed my needles are 5/8 in and im injecting in my glutes i was told they were 1.5 in... ugh has my gear been wasted i do push the needle in all the way

You shouldn't be using just nolva during a cycle. It may prevent gyno but does nothing for elevated estrogen. 21 is young to be cycling but nevermind that, You made up your mind.

Read the beginner cycle stickys. You need info on certain things for a first cycle.

Back