im thing this for my first bike

safety-man

NFL IS ALIVE!!!
Victory_hammer.jpg

guys,

im going to be looking to purchase my first ride next spring and im looking at the victory hammer. im wondering if anyone has any knowledge of these bikes?

Looks VERY sharp for the cheap price they seem to go for however I couldnt get over riding a road bike OTHER then a Harley. Go straight for the big boy, in the end you will be happy you did.

i never owned a harley, but i did grow up around a bike shop as i use to race, it allways seemed the bikes that broke the most, and also the most expensive to fix were harleys, not saying there not good bikes, best bet is to talk to some owners and ask if they had any problems, not the sales man

"victory hammer" looks nice ...here is a critic review on this model 2010,.." 5 stars is the highest #" ....by user rating motorcycle.com

overall 4.. star
Performance 5.. star
Quality & Reliability 5.. star
Ride & Comfort 5 ..star
Value 4.. star

"victory hammer" looks nice ...here is a critic review on this model 2010,.." 5 stars is the highest #" ....by user rating motorcycle.com

overall 4.. star
Performance 5.. star
Quality & Reliability 5.. star
Ride & Comfort 5 ..star
Value 4.. star

thats got me sold on it! thanks Pinga

i never owned a harley, but i did grow up around a bike shop as i use to race, it allways seemed the bikes that broke the most, and also the most expensive to fix were harleys, not saying there not good bikes, best bet is to talk to some owners and ask if they had any problems, not the sales man

im happy with my harley , zero trouble.

there was a time back in the 70s or 80s that harley was sold to amf cooperation and they screwed up harley BAD. those bikes were a LOT of trouble. and probablly the ones you remember.

im happy with my harley , zero trouble.

there was a time back in the 70s or 80s that harley was sold to amf cooperation and they screwed up harley BAD. those bikes were a LOT of trouble. and probablly the ones you remember.

I like the Victory but I really like Harley too.
The Harleys now days are much better bikes then their prdecesors of the 80's. Much like the American Cars in that Era where they werent as reliable, Take the AMC, Chryslers, Plymouth Dodge and even Chevys back then were very unreliable.. But Take good ol 6.0 litre V8 now will last you 300,000 miles. Same goes for Harley and Victory, very nice designs now and reliable. I'm thinking of picking one up myself. I like the new Rocker C.

Last edited:
Go with a Harley

My opinion is that you need to go with a Harley...especially if your considering a Victory bike. Re-sale value alone is why I went down that road. I could sell it right now for what I have left on the loan...can anyone else say that?

My opinion is that you need to go with a Harley...especially if your considering a Victory bike. Re-sale value alone is why I went down that road. I could sell it right now for what I have left on the loan...can anyone else say that?

this is a good point.. Buy an older Harley.. chances are you can sell it for what you paid for it once you decide to upgrade.. you won't be able to say that with anything other than a Harley or a custom chopper.. definitely not a Victory or a Honda

I love all kinds of bikes. I currently have a Ninja ZX-1400 I love the speed and power. However those long rides to Rallies would be more confy on a Road King. Once Im done paying off my Z14 I am concidering Adding that Harley, can't make up my mind tho, Like Road King, Rocker C and Night Rod all for different reasons. Can't have em all, I wish I could.....

I started riding about 11 years ago. All my bikes have been sport bikes. I'm not sure how you are, but as for myself, I have never been able to hold onto a bike for more than a couple seasons before getting bored and wanting something different. I would suggest maybe starting in the used arena and figuring out what you like. I'm not sure if you've ever ridden a Hammer(I haven't), but sometimes the bikes that look the best aren't really what you're looking for in a bike in other aspects. Like I said, I go through them quick. I'm on bike number 6. The Busa's been around for about 3 years now and I am still in love with it. It just took a while to figure out exactly what I wanted. Either way, good luck bro and ride safe. Also, the winter is the best time to buy used. Or if you're buying new, Feb is a good time to buy since there are a lot of N.O.S bikes laying around.

I started riding about 11 years ago. All my bikes have been sport bikes. I'm not sure how you are, but as for myself, I have never been able to hold onto a bike for more than a couple seasons before getting bored and wanting something different. I would suggest maybe starting in the used arena and figuring out what you like. I'm not sure if you've ever ridden a Hammer(I haven't), but sometimes the bikes that look the best aren't really what you're looking for in a bike in other aspects. Like I said, I go through them quick. I'm on bike number 6. The Busa's been around for about 3 years now and I am still in love with it. It just took a while to figure out exactly what I wanted. Either way, good luck bro and ride safe. Also, the winter is the best time to buy used. Or if you're buying new, Feb is a good time to buy since there are a lot of N.O.S bikes laying around.

Good point, I am on bike # 4 my self and it just seems like I wanted bigger each time. But I understand that Victory is one of those Dealers that lets you test drive or you could always rent a bike takea few hours and do the kind of riding your going to be doing. This will help but with time you gain more confidence on your bike and you either love it or you want to trade up.

Good point, I am on bike # 4 my self and it just seems like I wanted bigger each time. But I understand that Victory is one of those Dealers that lets you test drive or you could always rent a bike takea few hours and do the kind of riding your going to be doing. This will help but with time you gain more confidence on your bike and you either love it or you want to trade up.

Don't worry RockG...I won't hold anything against you, even though you ride a "Cow" :laugh:

Not sure when this post was made, but regardless, my advice for you would be to get a starter bike that isn't going to take too much damage when you drop it. A good percentage of people drop their first bike. It just happens. I would hate to get a good looking bike like that and drop it. I would just cry :(..

A great starter bike is the gs500, by suzuki.

Excellent speed, not too fast, not too slow. It's a pretty decent looking bike, and if you drop it, who cares! You didn't spend more than 2gs on it. Also, insurance companies will charge first time riders an arm and a leg if they get 500+ cc engine bikes. The insurance on the gs500 is actually VERY cheap because it's actually only 495ccs. I was going to pay to $350 a year for insurance, but because it's a 495, the insurance was only $80/ year, and that's with a criminal speeding ticket!

awww, I remember my gs500. It was so much fun for the first 9 months.

I own a sv650 now. Now, there is an awesome bike! I've had it for over a year and I still love to ride it. Great handling, v-twin, good for long road trips, and has good get-up.

im rocket man myself..but i actually really like that bike.....do a little research and make sure they r reliable...if so two wheels is two wheels...get that bitch and hit the streets

Gotta be dirt!

I raced Motocross 18 years quit for 8 and started again. Its like opium.
My 450 thump is a rocket ship.

Wouldnt miss it for nuttin.:chomp:

Back