Im too skinny, need help gaining

iceman82nd

I had post a topic on my thoughts of first cycle plus info:
http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/133678-stats-thought-1st-cycle.html

20 years old
5'10
130lbs
2.5 years training on/off

I eat and eat, and hit the gym 5 days a week doing one body part each day at the gym. Im an ectomorph. I try and eat as much as i can.

"And I also hear "eat a lot" all the time. Once they break it down it ends up being not so much or not what foods it should be." -Outlawtas2

Posted in training section also if you'd like any info about me to help make a better/easier decision;
http://www.steroidology.com/forum/training-forum/133697-im-skinny-need-help-training-info.html

Thanks,
Joe

I eat a solid 4 meals a day. Plus 1-2 shakes. And snakes here and there. For now I've been eating anything, plus the additionals fruits and veggies. But mostly eating high calorie foods, fast food several times a week + eating out (pizza/wings) twice a week. It incredibly hard to gain weight in my instance.

Well first of all you are eating like shit.

Do you have any idea what your breakdown for pro/carb/fat is?

Start off with 1.5 -2g pro per lb bodyweight and go from there. Keep carbs moderate and get plenty of good fats.

Do one of those routines I posted in the other thread and nothing else and you will be happy.

im going to say the same thing i said in the previous thread.

use your head!!! and that means dont overcomplicate things. eat good food and good things will happen to your body.

since you have such a hard time gaining weight i see no point in restricting carbs even a little.

but fast food is not the way to go if you want results.

post your daily diet and we will see if we cant help you improve..

Well honestly, I've been eating good foods for the last couple years and havent gotten much as results. So i've now taken the notion of eat anything and everything. (with some limits, i.e. not so much fast foods)

I'll usually have:

(~2 a day) pro perf. mas xxx shake with the following put into it, banana, oil, eggs, choloate syrup(helps for flavor) and sometimes even some peanut butter.

2 bowls of cereal in the morning

sausage egg and cheese sandwhich

bowl of fruits

egg salad sandwhich/tuna sandwhich

pasta or meat dinner

last night snack ( can range from tyson chicken tenders to chips and salsa, and maybe even a fast food run(keeping calories low))

Start adding more food to each meal. 2 bowls of cereal each morning = NOTHING! Try pounding down 6 egg whites(at least) with one yolk in addition to one heaping bowl of cereal. Then eat a meal of sausage and eggs. Add a meat to the bowl of fruit, skip the egg salad and stick to tuna, just more. Again, have meat with your pasta if you go that route. As for the late night snack, protein shake with the chicken tenders.

I was in the same shoes your in 3 years ago and thought the same thing. In just over a year I was able to pack on close to 40lbs solid. Heres a sample meal plan I worked with but you should deffinatly start looking to eat something like this:

Meal 1 (8am): 7 egg whites, one whole egg. 3 sausage patties, 2 blueberry pancakes.
Meal 2 (10am): Protein shake. 2 pancakes.
Meal 3 (12pm): Chicken breast, baked potato, green beans.
Meal 4 (2pm): Chicken Breast, green beans.
Meal 5 (3:30pm, pre-workout): Protein shake, 2 pancakes.
Meal 6 (6ish, post-workout): Protein shake, 10mg creatine mono in 10 oz o.j..
Meal 8 (7:30 - 8pm): 12 oz steak, baked potato, green beans.
Meal 9 (10ish, bed): Protein shake.

You don't need to go that extreme necessarilly but deffinatly eat a meat at each meal and some kind of good carb. Your not taking in NEARLY enough protein (or food period) to grow. Start a solid meal plan and stick to it. It will produce results.

I am also an ectomorph... and with being a weight based athlete for a good couple of years, i really had to hone my diet into check.
take a casein protein shake at night to help reduce your fasting; i've also found that setting an alarm and waking around 2-3 am and drinking ~3 egg whites, 1 whole egg then going back to sleep really helps. its gross i know, but it works.
beef jerkey as snacks throughout the day; low fat peanut butter and raisins.
try upping your whey protein shakes to 3 times a day...morning, afternoon, evening; and then the casein at night. i also put some casein in my morning shake (immediately upon waking in the morning) then eating a large (healthy breakfast).
stay away from fast foods dude, they reak havoc on your body, and ultimately your mood sometimes to get into the gym and do hard work!

snakes

I eat a solid 4 meals a day. Plus 1-2 shakes. And snakes here and there. For now I've been eating anything, plus the additionals fruits and veggies. But mostly eating high calorie foods, fast food several times a week + eating out (pizza/wings) twice a week. It incredibly hard to gain weight in my instance.

Stop eating the snakes, i don't think they're helping :)

On a serious note, you do need to sort out your diet. Drop the fast food and eat proper food. Chicken, steak, tuna, potatos, pasta, rice, oats, fruit and veggies.

Have fast food once or twice a week as cheat meals. If you're that skinny it won't hurt too much.

All of this is good advice. I've had alot of luck with milk also. At times drinking a gallon a day every day. Its a easy way to get a bunch of calories and protein in. Quite a bit of sugar and fat in it but your bulking..

Well honestly, I've been eating good foods for the last couple years and havent gotten much as results.So i've now taken the notion of eat anything and everything. (with some limits, i.e. not so much fast foods)
This isnt a very positive or motivating phrase, what it seems to show is you lack discipline you cant do summit for a few years and give up your looking at a whole lifstyle change that you have to keep to.
I'll usually have:

(~2 a day) pro perf. mas xxx shake with the following put into it, banana, oil, eggs, choloate syrup(helps for flavor) and sometimes even some peanut butter.

2 bowls of cereal in the morning

sausage egg and cheese sandwhich

bowl of fruits

egg salad sandwhich/tuna sandwhich

pasta or meat dinner

last night snack ( can range from tyson chicken tenders to chips and salsa, and maybe even a fast food run(keeping calories low))

I agree with everyone else here you need more food. Most little guys think there eating big when in fact there nowhere near, If you eat little your gonna be little, you want at very least 1g of protein per pound of body weight which I'd say your not achieving.

Give Unknown's meal plan a go your bound to put on size.

Start adding more food to each meal. 2 bowls of cereal each morning = NOTHING! Try pounding down 6 egg whites(at least) with one yolk in addition to one heaping bowl of cereal. Then eat a meal of sausage and eggs. Add a meat to the bowl of fruit, skip the egg salad and stick to tuna, just more. Again, have meat with your pasta if you go that route. As for the late night snack, protein shake with the chicken tenders.

I was in the same shoes your in 3 years ago and thought the same thing. In just over a year I was able to pack on close to 40lbs solid. Heres a sample meal plan I worked with but you should deffinatly start looking to eat something like this:

Meal 1 (8am): 7 egg whites, one whole egg. 3 sausage patties, 2 blueberry pancakes.
Meal 2 (10am): Protein shake. 2 pancakes.
Meal 3 (12pm): Chicken breast, baked potato, green beans.
Meal 4 (2pm): Chicken Breast, green beans.
Meal 5 (3:30pm, pre-workout): Protein shake, 2 pancakes.
Meal 6 (6ish, post-workout): Protein shake, 10mg creatine mono in 10 oz o.j..
Meal 8 (7:30 - 8pm): 12 oz steak, baked potato, green beans.
Meal 9 (10ish, bed): Protein shake.

You don't need to go that extreme necessarilly but deffinatly eat a meat at each meal and some kind of good carb. Your not taking in NEARLY enough protein (or food period) to grow. Start a solid meal plan and stick to it. It will produce results.

Hey I'm too FAT! LOL:bootyshak

But on the real I pretty much keep this kind of diet except I don't do the pancakes, shakes or the creatine because I am trying to loose fat. I also substitue some of the chicken portions with some very lean beef or venicen (I love venicen its so much leaner!). And boy do I double up on the chicken or beef. I'll eat 2 burger patties or 2 to 3 breasts at a time. This diet with my modification is pretty much my low carb intake. I do get some headaches every once in a while but I refuse to give in. I've been dropping weight a little slower lately but all that tells me is that I'm gaining muscle mass :)

I appreciate all the information! There's also one more aspect to consider that i forgot to mention. I realize eating more and more, but honestly when i try to eat that much i get to a point of throwing up. Ive eaten meals where i eat myself till i cant, then i throw up. And even then its not that much. And if i do eat that much few hours later i go take a shit. My metabolism is that fast. But my issue is that i have a hard time eating lots of food and not getting filled up fast.

Dude you can eat 3 6oz breasts and a potato. Just try to eat more frequently, how about eating as fast as you can, by the time you get full feeling you'll be finishing up and 2 to 3 more bites will seem more manageable. Its all in your head

eat big, to get big!!! keys to sucess--in the gym on and off will get you no place. skipping meals will get you to that same place. 6-7 meals a day!! with a post workout shake. a huge thing you can do instead of a gallon of milk with 200 sugars in it is olive oil, almonds, peanut butter. just add healthy fats in with every meal!!! oh and don't forget the red meat-good luck

Like Sonis9 said..."Eat big to get big"
Your diet will make or break your goals. I go by the classic 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. Which i think is a good rule of thumb and its easy to go by. And also get alot of calories in. Just leave all the fatty stuff out like fast food, cakes and junk food. Well mayby fast food once in a while.

Also..heres a good link that will give you some ideas of what you should be eating. Good Luck.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/diet-forum/20721-whats-best-foods-bulk-up-put-size.html

Dont eat so many meals. Your metabolism is already racing and all thats gonna do is keep it high or speed it up and make it harder to gain. Eat 3-4 times MAX per day and eat till you are stuffed. Make sure you get at least 75g of good protein in each of those meals. Dont even mess with shakes as a meal replacement unless you want to make your last meal of the day before bed a gainer shake.

Try this for a few weeks:

breakfast
8 egg whites
2pcs whole grain toast
bowl oatmeal
glass milk with scoop of protein
6oz of breakfast ham or steak

Lunch
2 tuna sandwiches on whole grain bread(use 2 cans of tuna)
Glass of milk with scoop of protein
banana

Dinner
Big ass steak
Large Potato
salad with olive oil added
glass milk with scoop of protein

1 hour before bed
Gainer shake
3 scoop protein
2 cups milk
1/2 cup dry oats
banana
2 tbsp olive oil
Blend

Report back with results in a couple weeks. Btw, whats your training routine look like?

Last edited:
after each meal today, have 3 more bites of whatever youre eating. do that for a few days, then add another meal in there somewhere, still keeping portions 3 bites bigger than ussual. once this gets comfortable up to half a portion more than you originally were eating, do this for every meal. and just keep going up.

cut the fast food man, greasy fat doesnt go anywhere near your muscles. your body will spit that shit out in no time or store it as fat. eat healthy, hearty meals like mom makes. If you cant cook for shit like me get frozen chicken pot pies, lots of hamburgers, pastas, chicken breasts, tuna, fruit and veggies (get green giant frozen microwaveable packs, theyre tasty and hearty).

lifting just do compound movements and dont over train. as long as you lift a little youre going to grow. remember the work is in the kitchen, gym time is play time.

hi

3 letter for ya.hgh needle form.

your over training is breaking down your muscles as well. one muscle group a day huh? so you wanna tell me you can work your pecs w/o using your tri's? and work your back w/o your bi's? what kinda groups are you splitting? you should do full body, three times a week, no more than an hour at the gym, compound lifts only, push/pull; bench, pull up, deadlifts, squats, etc.

just remember; K.I.S.S.

Back