Importance of needle length

gurma

Hi guys:
I just started a prop cycle at 50mgs ED. This is my first cycle. The only 25g pins I could get hold of were 5/8 " I think they are pretty short. I know you reccomend 1 " of length. I am only doing quad and shoulder injections, and my bf is not high. (About 10%).
Will it be detrimental if I continue with these pins? I feel they do get into the muscle.
Thanks!!!

They're definitely too short for the glutes, but probably alright for everywhere else. Having a low % of bodyfat helps a lot also. You should be OK IMO, but I've yet to shoot anywhere other than the glutes so you'll need some other opinions here!

StoneColdNTO said:
5/8" is pretty short, even for thighs and quads, I would definetly get some 1" pins.
don't listen to that old Fart. listen to the young SC. :D 5/8 inch is fine for anything besides glutes if you have a low enough bf%. I usually don't even go in all the way and I have no problems.

I use 1" for the shortest, I feel safer going deep.

Pecs, delts, triceps, traps, all 1"

I've used 1/2 inch needles for quads before with no problem whatsoever. It gets into the muscle if you go in straight and have relatively low bodyfat. This issue is exaggerated far too much.

ive never used less than 1 inch, except for slin obviously. im far from huge and can easily bury a 1 in in my bi, tri, shoulder. infact i would imajine it would result in less pain, as theres less nerves deeper in teh muscle. i def wouldnt use a 5/8th in your glute. maybe thigh if your lean enough and yopu should be ok in delts or bi's and tri's

Thanks guys!! Seems I´ll continue with these pins. They are easy to find for me, and I have been a needle phobic all my life! :eek:

Depends on BF. I naturally have vasulur legs and could away with using a needle the lenght of a slin pin. When inject with my 23g 1 incher i only put it in 3/4 of the way.

Back