Injected into upper outer quad... 2days later

Wrasse02

I injected my 300mg and Tren E and 175mg of Test E into my upper outer quad. on Wednesday night.
Yesterday, and still today, i have an extremely painful, soft, lump between the vastus medialis and vastus lateralis. Down right above the kneecap.

Im not quite sure whats causing this.
Maybe because I only used a 5/8" needle for the injection?And i injected some in the fat? I ran out of my 1in needles, and figured my legs were really lean that maybe a 5/8 could do the job.

Thanks guys.

edit: The only other time i had an issue with something like this, was when i ran my first cycle and used a pharma grade sust350. I would inject it in the medial delt, and i would have a massive lump near my elbow.

Last edited:
Sounds like the oil leaked out of the muscle or you missed the muscle completely. Should dissipate over the next few days. If you are lean enough you should be able to hit the muscle with a 5/8.

Sounds like the oil leaked out of the muscle or you missed the muscle completely. Should dissipate over the next few days. If you are lean enough you should be able to hit the muscle with a 5/8.

Hmm... I did have some oil leak out after i pulled out the syringe.

Looks like its back to delts until my 1in'ers ship in.

This sounds correct. I have had this experience one with my Quad. After a day it was sore down by my knee and I thought this is strange but decided it was jut what J-radical said. Unless you are FAT you can hit the Quad muscle with a 5/8". I do it all the time. I have used a 5/8" on my glute and hit the muscle. Remember I am a thin, ectomorph and have very little fat.

This sounds correct. I have had this experience one with my Quad. After a day it was sore down by my knee and I thought this is strange but decided it was jut what J-radical said. Unless you are FAT you can hit the Quad muscle with a 5/8". I do it all the time. I have used a 5/8" on my glute and hit the muscle. Remember I am a thin, ectomorph and have very little fat.

well, i thought my legs were lean enough to keep hitting with the 5/8. I havent had any problems with the 4 prior quad pinns

e2tgprZ.jpg

Ha.... Great pic man and I'll tell you are lean enough. Ya know like with my Glutes if I think I need the 1/8" or so I just push the syringe more into my body. I push up against the flesh over the intended muscle.
Awesome quads man :wavey:

Ha.... Great pic man and I'll tell you are lean enough. Ya know like with my Glutes if I think I need the 1/8" or so I just push the syringe more into my body. I push up against the flesh over the intended muscle.
Awesome quads man :wavey:

Im always afraid of the needle breaking. So i dont push all the way in.
I've done 3 cycles, and i still constantly fear of the needle breaking.

I think thats where i fucked up.

Maybe i should just man up

This has happened to me numberous times cause im a quad man .... should be gone very soon ... ive even developed some nice travelling red spots in the past ... but theyve all gone away within 4-5 days

You are plenty lean to throw a half inch in your quad. That's the way I inject pretty much everywhere but the glutes. I either backload slin pins or get 27 1/2" tips so I can do more than 1cc.

I injected my 300mg and Tren E and 175mg of Test E into my upper outer quad. on Wednesday night.
Yesterday, and still today, i have an extremely painful, soft, lump between the vastus medialis and vastus lateralis. Down right above the kneecap.

Im not quite sure whats causing this.
Maybe because I only used a 5/8" needle for the injection?And i injected some in the fat? I ran out of my 1in needles, and figured my legs were really lean that maybe a 5/8 could do the job.

Thanks guys.

edit: The only other time i had an issue with something like this, was when i ran my first cycle and used a pharma grade sust350. I would inject it in the medial delt, and i would have a massive lump near my elbow.

Bud this is pretty normal. It happened to me twice last cycle, both times after a delt shot. The gear ran down towards my bicep area once and my tricep the second time. The skin was a bit red but it went away after about 4 days. I will never pin quads again because sometimes I get no pip and others the pip is crazy. Any other spot I pin I get zero pip, even traps I get zero pip. Maybe pick a spot to swap out quads for. I do delt, glute, pec.

Bud this is pretty normal. It happened to me twice last cycle, both times after a delt shot. The gear ran down towards my bicep area once and my tricep the second time. The skin was a bit red but it went away after about 4 days. I will never pin quads again because sometimes I get no pip and others the pip is crazy. Any other spot I pin I get zero pip, even traps I get zero pip. Maybe pick a spot to swap out quads for. I do delt, glute, pec.

Well i have a massive butt. Im pretty sure i'd need 1.5in for glutes...

Been contemplating another spot. as delts and quads are building up a lot of scar tissue, making it uncomfortable to pin in my delts. I'm considering traps, but im scared to death of that.

It must just be some oil that leaked subq man, no need to worry. It might even feel a little warm and make a hard lump. Same thing happened to me on my current cycle, used the same size needle and everything. It should go away in a few days, don't worry too much about it.

If you still have it in 3-4 days, I'd say you can start worrying about an infection

Been contemplating another spot. as delts and quads are building up a lot of scar tissue, making it uncomfortable to pin in my delts. I'm considering traps, but im scared to death of that.

Give traps a try, they are actually not too bad (for most).go with a 1/2" slin pin..easy breezy

I myself have NEVER broken off a needle and have never heard of it. Now that just me, but My family is full of Doctors and nurses and I'm a recovery IV and IM junky. I've been around a long, long time. Just push it in!

IMOP , I would stay away from traps. There are just so many muscle parts to hit. And if you are lean as you showed 1" is the longest you'll ever really need. However due to some scare tissue and soreness and lumps in the past I have used 22G 1'1/2" to get real deep into my Glutes. That will get old but do the trick. :(

Last edited:

Personally I always push my 1in 25g all the way in, on all sites. If I don't have that pressure up against the skin holding it in place I end up accidentally pulling it out a lil and then pushing it back in and creating multiple little tears in there, horrible PIP.

It's the gear running down within bro. You said upper outer. Are you sure it was upper - high enough. This happens to me when I inject just a little to low and it travels to my kneecap - painful and uncomfortable for
Next few days but always goes away . I've hot quads for many years now 500+ pinz so I'm used I it by now. I've switched location on my quads multiple times. Try front of them instead of sides much better and easier the. Outter

It's the gear running down within bro. You said upper outer. Are you sure it was upper - high enough. This happens to me when I inject just a little to low and it travels to my kneecap - painful and uncomfortable for
Next few days but always goes away . I've hot quads for many years now 500+ pinz so I'm used I it by now. I've switched location on my quads multiple times. Try front of them instead of sides much better and easier the. Outter

ive actually been injecting lower than usual due to scar tissue in the higher portions of my quads.
Ill give this a try though

Back