Injecting Oils and Important Info on Aspirating

So just how hard exactly is a 'flick' - I pull back quite hard and get a lot of air that is obviously coming through the needle and not from the oil.

A flick doesn't seem hard enough lol.

But I'm paranoid and so is my friend inside my head.

I have always aspirated but i was going to stop doing it cause my buddy said its not neccesary and he has done juice for like 15 years but after reading this i'm gonna keep do it for sure and tell him he could have killed me if i would have listened to him and then I'm gonna sock him and make him read this ...............Thanks guys ..........

I have not aspirated in the last 2.5 years and I do shots ever single week. The pressure is greater inside vessels and arteries than it is inside the syringe (pressure is zero inside the syringe), therefore if you insert a needle into a vein, the syringe will fill with blood by itself. This is of course assuming that your needle is a large enough diameter that the blood can flow through it(22-23G).

sh0rtbus said:
I have not aspirated in the last 2.5 years and I do shots ever single week. The pressure is greater inside vessels and arteries than it is inside the syringe (pressure is zero inside the syringe), therefore if you insert a needle into a vein, the syringe will fill with blood by itself. This is of course assuming that your needle is a large enough diameter that the blood can flow through it(22-23G).

Blood pressure is not going to overcome the friction between the rubber plunger and the side walls of the syringe. Trust me and others on that. Aspirate!

if i inject in glute to i have to aspirate?

lets say i aspirated and drew blood 'i need to switch neddle and can i injecte the oil and the blood again or the juice is not good?

superman77 said:
if i inject in glute to i have to aspirate?

Yes, you should, however you are less likely to hit a vein if injecting in your glute.

superman77 said:
lets say i aspirated and drew blood 'i need to switch neddle and can i injecte the oil and the blood again or the juice is not good?

Yes, the "juice" is still good. Go ahead and inject it.

So aspirate...pull back on the syringe slightly, and if there's blood, find another spot? and if there is no blood, go ahead and inject..correct? but of course, always flick the syringe before hand and make sure all of the air bubbles are out of the syringe and squeeze some fluid out to make sure there's no air in the needle either, right? i just want a straight foward answer..thanks guys, i just joined this site and i love it!..........Brown..........

I always wondered if you aspirated and drew back blood, changed the needle and drew again how would you know if the blood in the syringe is from the previous aspiration or from the new one?

I never aspirate

I never aspirate. I've never seen a doctor, nurse, or vet do it. There are blood
vessels in every square mm of muscle and even fat tissue. How can not pull blood into the syringe? Then repoke yourself!
All the people using gear, some smart some stupid, no deaths from an injection. I'm just being honest, I don't aspirate and I inject everyday.
Come on people, I know there are more people out there like me who just don't want to get blasted on this post by telling the truth.

:nopity:

I never aspirate. I've never seen a doctor, nurse, or vet do it. There are blood
vessels in every square mm of muscle and even fat tissue. How can not pull blood into the syringe? Then repoke yourself!
All the people using gear, some smart some stupid, no deaths from an injection. I'm just being honest, I don't aspirate and I inject everyday.
Come on people, I know there are more people out there like me who just don't want to get blasted on this post by telling the truth.

:nopity:

Just because you haven't *seen* it doesn't mean they don't do it. It's quick, especially with a medical professional and second...what were the injecting? Most likely they were NOT injecting oil based substances.

It's plain DUMB to not aspirate.

re

Just because you haven't *seen* it doesn't mean they don't do it. It's quick, especially with a medical professional and second...what were the injecting? Most likely they were NOT injecting oil based substances.

It's plain DUMB to not aspirate.

thats an old thread but one worthy of revival. yes you should aspirate everytime.

if not it would be like fvcking a hooker without a rubber- never know what your gonna get

My friend is a nurse and showed me how to do my first shot years ago and the two things she told me was get all air bubbles out of the needle and always aspirate before injecting.

Back