International order through USPS now requiring signature?

I made my last order under a false name and found out after it was already on its way that it needed to be signed for. It was shipped in two separate packages from two different countries. Amazingly I got the we missed you slip for both packages on the same day.
I just signed my name as the registered agent on the back of the slip and went to the post office to pick it up. They didn't even ask for id. I just signed there little electric thing and took the packages.

the thing that gets me actually is now im reading the note it says " if checked, you or your agent must be present at time of delivery to sign for item." Why can't I just sign and leave the card in my mailbox?

Its just because the sender asked ups to get someone to sign for it in person. Its just to protect the sender from you saying "i never got my package" and wanting a refund or more product. I would go pick the fucking thing up before they ship it back to the sender.

its not everytime but, it DOES happen !

it's true, you can add me to that list as well, know exactly what you are talking about. so many people here, don't give a shit though, they just think it's no big deal and nothing will happen to them.

I don't know if this actually would make a difference but I write "return to sender"'on every package after I get it. Then let it marinade for a day before I open it. Makes me think if it came down to it a lawyer would be able to use it in court.If anything it makes me feel better.

I have ordered many times international and every time I had to sign for the package...most of the times if customs discovered it they would seized the package and send you a letter.. I would go and pick it up... You think that the cops are going to seat at the post office waiting for you to pick it... That takes time and money to have officers do that.. That's not how it works.. If the fed wanted to get you they would... Go and pick that shit if not let know where you at and I go get it for myself... Lol

I work for UPS and yes sometimes the law will intercept packages and wear the brown uniform and get the person the package is adressed to sign for it and arrest them on the spot. It happens from time to time, get to know your delivery people so if a new guy shows up and wants a sig be cautious.

You think that the cops are going to seat at the post office waiting for you to pick it... That takes time and money to have officers do that.. That's not how it works..
Uhh, he certainly wouldn't be the first people that got busted at the post office. And no, I'm not talking about supply amounts, I'm talking about personal use.

Best way to pick up a package is to send it to a PO box and wait at LEAST a week to pick it up after it's been delivered. Controlled deliveries happen more than you think. You just don't hear about them because the first thing a lawyer advises is to delete any online papertrail.

it's true, you can add me to that list as well, know exactly what you are talking about. so many people here, don't give a shit though, they just think it's no big deal and nothing will happen to them.

My shit made it...now E-wifee signed for it...then called the cops on me! FML, so...no more Gear here...just daydreaming and forum voyarism.

YUP! Automatic felony...somehow I got off with a Stay of Adjudication. So, if I don't fuck up in the next year or so it's wiped off my record. NOT everyone is that lucky though.

YUP! Automatic felony...somehow I got off with a Stay of Adjudication. So, if I don't fuck up in the next year or so it's wiped off my record. NOT everyone is that lucky though.

lucky bastard. I wasnt so lucky. I still gotta look into getting it reduced

I have ordered many times international and every time I had to sign for the package...most of the times if customs discovered it they would seized the package and send you a letter.. I would go and pick it up... You think that the cops are going to seat at the post office waiting for you to pick it... That takes time and money to have officers do that.. That's not how it works.. If the fed wanted to get you they would... Go and pick that shit if not let know where you at and I go get it for myself... Lol

This is what I'm talking about but, this is how people rationalize it in their minds to make it seem like nothing is going to happen. I'm not trying to make anybody paranoid, the last time I brought this up here I got called out as being paranoid. If you ever get one of those custom letters, change addresses because they do keep track of that and if you keep getting those letters something can happen, those letters are a paper trail. Using money as an excuse is the most bullshit reason, news flash the government DOESN'T CARE about MONEY! Look how trillions we're in debt! It keeps increasing, they don't care about money! For god sakes the government prints money! So, why would they care? They don't! If they want to set an example out of you, they will. If the amounts fall into intent to distribute, they will probably take action. The most important thing you can do is keep changing addresses as frequently as you can. I'm on legal testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) now through my doc so I don't have anything to worry about these days but, what I'm saying was from personal experience in the past, many years ago.

If it requires signature and you are not there, they will leave a note at your door. You can then either go to the post office to pick it up or sign the paper and they will drop it off outside next time.

lucky bastard. I wasnt so lucky. I still gotta look into getting it reduced

Did you have a lawyer? Or maybe you had some prior shit on ur record?
I was squeeky clean...just some poor suburban dousche whose Wifee, now E-Wifee called the cops asap when she opened the packed.
The DA was like, WTF??? his WIFE reported him? LOL

Back