is this even a powerlifting routine???

AngryMuscles

ok..before anything else..here's what they gave me for my routine, it's a 4 day split..check it out

day 1
SQUAT
PAUSE SQUAT
SEATED CALF
LAT PULLDOWN FRONT AND BACK
BENT OVER ROW OR T-BAR
DB ROW
STANDING CRUNCHES

DAY 2
BENCH PRESS
DB BENCH PRESS
FLAY FLYES
TRICEP EXTENSION
WEIGHTED DIPS
FRONT PLATE RAISE
SIDE LATS
BACK PRESS
LEG RAISE

DAY 3
HIGH REP SQUATS 12 REPS AND 20 REPS
LEG PRESS
LEG CURLS
LEG EXTENSIONS
DONKEY CALF RAISE
PYRAMID BB CURLS
INCLINED CURLS
HANGING CONCENTRATION CURL <--OH DEAR LORD DON'T ASK ME WHY
WEIGHTED CRUNCHES

DAY 4
SPEED BENCH
INCLINE DB
INCLINE FLYES
DECLINED BENCH
TRICEP PUSHDOWN
DEADLIFT <----8 REPS OF 3 SETS...GO FIGURE
STIFF LEGGED DEADLIFT
REVERSE CRUNCHES

then repeat. when they handed me the lists for my routine, i was clearly shocked..I mean, crap man...anyways...your opinions are appreciated.

yes, I clearly know it's fucking overtraining...but man...I mean, they're powerlifters....why would they give me such routine dammit...geez

looks like way too much crap which would take away too much focus from the big 4 (squats, deads, bench, BB rows). who gave you the routine AM? what about rep ranges and how does progression take place - weekly or do they expect you to go "as heavy as possible" (they call it "intense") everytime you go to the gym?

the reps are:

8 reps for 1 set
5 reps for 1 set
3 reps for 3 sets

and mostly tweak around there.

the one who gave me this routine was a powerlifter with the title for being the 2nd stronget PLER in the philippines. I honestly had better routine that this ya know...

tuesday: legs/calves/abs
thursday: chest/shoulder/tri
friday or sturday: back/bi/forearm/abs

see? isn't that much more simplier??? geez

the progression takes place for weights...as it goes up, the reps dies down to 6 sets of 2..or something. i think they're making a run of my money here x.x

they, the powerlifters from ZEST. sure they have titles and all....but please don't give willing to learn people BS...it's not funny

sorry that routine sucks - what are your goals? if it is to get stronger, i'd pick one of the routines on here - PB's or IA's or try a search for bill starr's 5x5.

my goal is to get strong. I honestly, as for now, don't follow any routine. I'mma have a talk with them the next time I go to the gym about their routine. sure, you can give these kind of routine to other people, the ones who don't know shit rather than giving it to me. it quite offended me ya know..

read this:
http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/index.htm

you don't HAVE to follow ONLY that routine to get stronger, but that site is a good place to start - should help you PROGRAM your own routines in the future. there are no secret and magic routines and all the info is available, you just have to look for it in the correct places and discard the crap.

I know there are no magic routines or miracle routines, but if you're gonna start making me do concentration curls and leg extensions, you really have another thing coming..thanks for the info. lol

Back