Is this true (about HGH/juice)?

Ferrari360

I heard a few things recently about HGH...mainly that it can increase the size of the heart (makes sense, the heart is a muscle), and therefore necessitate an increased bloodflow to the heart, which would require an increased number of beats, and then eventually decrease one's life expectancy. Additionally, I've heard that HGH can cause changes in bone structure (enlarging of the forehead, etc.). I've heard most of this before but never thought to seek further clarification as I have no intention of using GH at this point. However I would like to know if any, of these highly negative sides can be caused by juice (Test, Deca, Drol, Dbol, etc.). Just being paranoid I guess but it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks.

I now have lifetime high blood pressure, which I believe is from GH/J. I'm sure others will debate it. All depends on a person's body type.

All of those sides can be caused by hGH. It stimulates growth of not only muscles, but also of bone structure and internal organs, including the heart. Check out acromegaly and see if that's something you'd like to have (it CAN eventually result from excessive hGH usage).

Juice can cause blood pressure increases, cholesterol increases, etc., but it acts by an entirely different mechanism, and those particular sides are quite often reversible.

I doubt if GH contributed to your BP. It reverses heart disease and cardiac failure. It causes the lungs and heart to produce a better pump and therefore it causes the lungs to work much easier. It increases the left ventricle wall and make the heart work stronger and better. I had high blood pressure a couple of years before and still do but GH does not make things worse. HGH reverses heart attacks and strokes too. Find a good book on HGH and read it ,you'll be amazed by everything it does. Check out www.worldhealth.net
for more answers.

well I don’t think Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) will make ur heart larger, because it is a different type of muscle. Steroids increase ur skeletal muscle but I don’t think they have any direct affect on cardiac muscle growth.
But I could be wrong, if anyone have a study done I this I would like to read it.

HGH Man said:
It increases the left ventricle wall and make the heart work stronger and better.

When you have an increase in the thickness of your left ventricle wall (LVH), it decreases the effectiveness of your heart, making it pump harder, reducing the ejection fraction, and can possibly lead to congestive heart failure, not a very good thing in my book.

MOjs13 said:
well I don’t think Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) will make ur heart larger, because it is a different type of muscle. Steroids increase ur skeletal muscle but I don’t think they have any direct affect on cardiac muscle growth.
But I could be wrong, if anyone have a study done I this I would like to read it.

Changes to Heart Muscle

The changes to heart muscle caused by anabolic steroids are attributed to their anabolic properties in muscle tissue. Left ventricular hypertrophy is characterized by thickening of the left ventricular wall secondary to cardiac fiber enlargement. Left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) is normally caused by a chronic increase in systemic blood pressure. It may also be seen with sudden or rapid weight gain. The thickening of the ventricular wall due to increased after-load from elevated vascular resistance can be viewed as adaptive protection up to a point. Beyond minor wall thickening, pathological LVH is a strong predictor of serious cardiovascular risk.

It is important for physicians to realize that LVH can occur in strength athletes and bodybuilders even in the absence of anabolic steroids use. It was previously believed that the intermittent increase in blood pressure that is caused by heavy lifting was not sufficient to elicit concentric left ventricular hypertrophy (CLVH). Any evidence of CLVH in strength athletes or bodybuilders was seen as a sign of anabolic steroid use.

During heavy lifting, systemic blood pressure is increased from what is called the valsalva maneuver. It is simply the act of forceful expiration with the mouth and nose closed producing a "bearing down" on the abdomen. Most people do this during heavy lifts such as squats or deadlifts. Pressure also increases due to blood vessels being occluded by contracting muscles. It should be noted that the LVH seen in bodybuilders and power lifters is called "concentric left ventricular hypertrophy", meaning that it is the result of contracting against acute increased systemic pressure, and is not considered pathological (i.e. unhealthy). "Eccentric" LVH is caused by constant increases of blood pressure, not as a result of the valsalva maneuver but instead due to clinical hypertension that forces the ventricle to expand against resistance.

AAS further exacerbate the effects of lifting on the heart. AASs cause anabolism in heart muscle, at times increasing left ventricular wall thickness to 16mm (11mm is considered normal).4 However, LVH caused by resistance training either alone or in conjunction with Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) has yet to result in diastolic dysfunction, or in other words, there is yet no evidence that this thickening of the ventricular wall is pathologic.

Treatment options

Upon cessation of high intensity resistance exercise and obviously Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use, ventricular wall thickness returns to within normal ranges as long as hypertension unrelated to lifting is not present. There are no treatment suggestions for LVH caused by resistance training with or without the use of AAS.

Excellent article on the heart Stone! We must be aware of such RISKS. Too many times we forget the very real dangers of AAS. Some people just can't accept the fact that something that they're using may be affecting them in a negative way. They see all the good things that the steroids do for them and just ignore the possibility of damage that they may be doing to themselves at the same time...ex. heart damage.

Last edited:
AAS can cause the heart to grow. HGH makes the heart a better pump and makes the lungs a more effiecent air moving machine.GH increases the thickness of the left ventricle wall in patients and made thier hearts work better. It also benefits the heart-lung function by exhancing the ability of patients to excercise,raising maximum oxygen uptake,and increasing the stroke volume and cardiac output.And it improved one of the most significant measurements of lung function-forced expiratory volume or vital capacity. When GH causes the heart to have a stronger left ventricle wall,enhancing the ability of the heart to contract and pump out blood it reduces oxygen requirement of the heart and improved excercise capacity. This is what "Grow young with HGH" says.Sometimes when I'm sleepy and write things I should just go to bed.

thanks stonecold nice article, good info.
but the article said, "It is important for physicians to realize that LVH can occur in strength athletes and bodybuilders even in the absence of anabolic steroids use." and said that LHV can be a result of a sudden increase in blood pressure do to rapid weight gain or forceful expiration during heavy lifting. so basically this could happen to a natural bodybuilder who trains heavy and puts on a lot of weight in the off season. so as I said before I don’t think Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) have a direct affect on the cardiac muscle.
The use of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) could then indirectly affect the rate at which LHV occurs do to the high blood pressure and increased weight that come along with Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use but not because of the hormones them selves. thus could also occur in natural athletes.
although the risks of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use should never be over looked.

MOjs13 said:
thanks stonecold nice article, good info.
but the article said, "It is important for physicians to realize that LVH can occur in strength athletes and bodybuilders even in the absence of anabolic steroids use." and said that LHV can be a result of a sudden increase in blood pressure do to rapid weight gain or forceful expiration during heavy lifting. so basically this could happen to a natural bodybuilder who trains heavy and puts on a lot of weight in the off season. so as I said before I don’t think Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) have a direct affect on the cardiac muscle.
The use of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) could then indirectly affect the rate at which LHV occurs do to the high blood pressure and increased weight that come along with Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use but not because of the hormones them selves. thus could also occur in natural athletes.
although the risks of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use should never be over looked.

I think you overlooked this part................

AAS further exacerbate the effects of lifting on the heart. AASs cause anabolism in heart muscle, at times increasing left ventricular wall thickness to 16mm (11mm is considered normal)

Thanks for the article, StoneCold. I noticed that it didn't mention HGH specifically, or differentiate between the effects of HGH vs. gear. So, is it safe to say that in relation to HGH, gear is less likely to cause pathological LVH?

I think that the use of anabolic steroids is MUCH SAFER than human growth hormone. The problem with supplementing with synthetic growth hormone is that the ones doing so usually already have Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) in the equation. They're doing so much hormone manipulation that their bodys are extremely altered and stressed. HGH has its necessity, but I believe that only the elite bodybuilders like the pros really need it. If you're not into competition...you really don't need to go the HGH route. The thing that scares me the most about HGH is the possibility of growth of the internal organs. This is one side-effect that I don't ever want to have to deal with.

i have to agree with duanabol about not wanting internal organs to grow, but would this be an issue at lower doses lets 2-4ius everyday or it can happen on any amount

Back