Is this typical?

aberfoyle7382

I had one session with a personal trainer and I feel like it was not a typical type of training?

They had me flipping huge tires, and dragging like 200 lbs chains....um....and I felt like they were laughing at me or something? Is this type of training going to do me any good? I'm not training to compete....

is it beneficial to those who arent gong to compete? yes
is it something a trainer should do with a client the first time? hell NO

before you comitt i would sit down with this trainer and ask them to show you the kinds of workouts other clients are doing that have been there for a few weeks/months

aberfoyle7382 said:
lol, no. It's a personal training company :dunno:
for powerlifting? what type of company? i have not heard of that type training before... get more info hon..
I have been a trainer for 11 yrs and have NEVER flipped tires nor pulled chains.. so i'm not sure what to think..

are you in a gym?

more info needed

super

supergirl said:
for powerlifting? what type of company? i have not heard of that type training before... get more info hon..
I have been a trainer for 11 yrs and have NEVER flipped tires nor pulled chains.. so i'm not sure what to think..

are you in a gym?

more info needed

super

You have never flipped tires SG? Get with the program girl. :D

I would definetly ask the 'trainer' what the hell he/she is doing.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate that this trainer is trying to do something different to help motivate the trainee.

The exercises mentioned are good exercises (I think), depending on your goals. Pulling chains is kind of like pulling a sled, I assume, and pullinbig had me doing that in one of my first sessions.

Whether or not this trainer is right for you depends on lots of things including (1) your goals and (2) what you think of the program.

RJH8541 said:
You have never flipped tires SG? Get with the program girl. :D

nah, only candy flipping for me ;) hehehe... J/K!!!

what up RJ?? say hi to Mad for me!! My email died as i forgot to renew it so i lost touch with her progress..
pm me and i'll give ya my email ;)

muah

supergirl said:
nah, only candy flipping for me ;) hehehe... J/K!!!

what up RJ?? say hi to Mad for me!! My email died as i forgot to renew it so i lost touch with her progress..
pm me and i'll give ya my email ;)

muah

Coming at ya, hun!!

Back