jim hoskinson:Westside variation

blackjack said:
that workout would kill me

its not for a beginner lol
merely an example to show variation im sure you could do the samething but just adjust the volume if you wanted to :)

good post BB

what an awesome story

reading shit like that make you feel like heading straight off to the gym

Last edited:
jim is a freind of mine (also a teamsniffy member). i wrapped his knees at the wpo semis and helped him out him for his warm ups and all three comp lifts. he's an inspiration to come back from what he has and he's an old fart too, 40 years old. 1102 squat and a 2400+ total in chicago. he is a physical freak too, a solid 308 at 6'.

what makes him more remarkable is he trains by himself. no other PLers in his area. =0l

his last warm up squat back stage was 1000# straps down and no knee wraps.

and being back stage while he is warming up is not for the faint at heart. he is one intense man. he nearly knocked me down while he was getting psyched up when he pushed me and stated "there aint no gravity in here, the trains comin, the trains comin"

the freak show was on.

heres a pic i have of him. btw thats not me in the pic with him :D

if you look in the background you can see becca with the blonde hair. she totaled over 2000 at this meet. the dark haired fellow to the right is toni atkins. he won the 220 division at the apf nattys last june and finshed 3rd in the middle wight division at the wpo semis.

Last edited:
ah, thank you. I hate it when I can't find something.

Hope he comes to the meet. This guy is a real inspiration, without even trying to be.

And the zero gravity thing is a nice touch as well.

Last edited:
Holy shit, where's his neck? That's one thick dude... and his story is unbelievable. Never heard of him before, but he has got my full respect now.

pullinbig said:
jim is a freind of mine (also a teamsniffy member). i wrapped his knees at the wpo semis and helped him out him for his warm ups and all three comp lifts. he's an inspiration to come back from what he has and he's an old fart too, 40 years old. 1102 squat and a 2400+ total in chicago. he is a physical freak too, a solid 308 at 6'.

what makes him more remarkable is he trains by himself. no other PLers in his area. =0l

his last warm up squat back stage was 1000# straps down and no knee wraps.

and being back stage while he is warming up is not for the faint at heart. he is one intense man. he nearly knocked me down while he was getting psyched up when he pushed me and stated "there aint no gravity in here, the trains comin, the trains comin"

the freak show was on.

heres a pic i have of him. btw thats not me in the pic with him :D

if you look in the background you can see becca with the blonde hair. she totaled over 2000 at this meet. the dark haired fellow to the right is toni atkins. he won the 220 division at the apf nattys last june and finshed 3rd in the middle wight division at the wpo semis.
is this the dude who wrecked his knees doing somekind of overhead log lift for one of the christian power teams ?

pullinbig said:
yup the docs said he'd never lift again or walk correctly.
i met him and helped him suit up at a apf meet in bama [ this last year i think ] . he was a super nice guy and very humble .

I'll second PB in stating Jim's a great guy. I mostly just listened while he and PB spoke for a while in the lobby at the Semis. His story was an inspiration and he's an incredibly nice guy. Perhaps a little to mellow though.

PB - Is he going to be at the 1/28 meet?

DirtBagJack said:
I'll second PB in stating Jim's a great guy. I mostly just listened while he and PB spoke for a while in the lobby at the Semis. His story was an inspiration and he's an incredibly nice guy. Perhaps a little to mellow though.

PB - Is he going to be at the 1/28 meet?

we gonna try and get him to come lift.

Back