Jin's first bulk: newbie gainz

Hope you're all good now brother good to see you haven't let anything hold you back need more guys like you

Complete remission, thanks. I lifted through the radiation treatment until the end when I had no energy and my armpit skin was sluffing off:wink2:

So are you planning on hitting chest twice a week on cycle to improve as you said your weakest point? Is it your weakest point because you dont like doing chest or do you bot like to do chest because it is your weakest point? I put more focus on my legs this cycle as it is my weakest point and i fucking hate doing legs, i am 6'4. They have gotten much stronger, bit more defined but nothing impressive. Chest is my strongest point so i have been killing chest, lol. My incline has always lacked behind my flat more than i like so i put a lot of work into that and now i am repping 225 on the incline like it aint shit so now i like incline more lol.

My chest is weak due to radiation damage and a minor tear that resulted from that damage later on. Who doesn't like to lift chest:confused:

Also, I don't mean developmentally weak, I mean can't lift heavy ass weight weak.

I'm doing the bro split. It's always worked for me. I thought about doing something more like Roush, but I prefer the Darkwing method: destroy each body part once a week. I did nearly 700 reps of chest today so, for now, I'm sticking to super high volume once a week.

Mon- legs/biceps
Tues- shoulders (maybe ill throw in some bench with this)
Wed- deadlifts/back
Thurs- chest
Friday- arms/traps

one way to bring up a 'weak' body part is to add some very light frequency to that muscle group with either 'active recovery' or what some call 'cell swelling' work.

example :
-- if you destroyed your chest on Thursday, then when you come in for leg day on monody, before you begin that leg day , you start with 8 sets of something like cable flies for chest. this is only moderate intensity , its just to bring blood flow and nutrients to the chest, you don't even go close to failure. this helps your chest 'actively recover' and grow (it adds more volume without adding a bunch of fatigue) then go hit you leg workout.

example : cell swell work . before you hit your chest on thursday , on weds after your back workout or tues after shoulders, go to something like the incline hammer strength bench press . load it up with very very light weight. Your goal is to get 100 reps. if you get 100 reps non stop, then thats way too light.. you'll prob want to hit about 35 or so reps and reach a point where you need to take 15 seconds rest. then keep going, then rest, then keep going . until you hit the 100 reps. this is light enough weight that your not going to tax your chest muscles before your upcoming chest day, what it will do is drive a ton of blood to the muscle (metabolite training essentialy) then glycogen restore with carbs afterwards, and drive the chest full of glycogen stores (hince 'cell swelling'), and your chest is going to be full and ready for that big chest day. you might have just a slight amount of musce soreness in your chest when you do hit that chest day from this cell swelling work , BUT, thats a good thing , it will actually help with the mind muscle connection on your compound chest movements like bench press, you'll better be able to feel your chest working and be able to contract the muscle better , and thus more growth

just my 2 cents worth of a tip :)

Hmmm, it's really my right pec that's damaged and weak. Perhaps I'll take your advice and apply it unilaterally to try to fix the imbalance.

Thank you sir.

Had a rest day yesterday.

Hit arms/traps this morning. I've not lifted traps since my 20's.

Went even higher reps/lower weight today as I've been having some elbow pain in my left arm.

Superset x 6
DB curls x 15
Single DB overhead extension x 20

Superset x 6
EZ bar curls x 20
EZ bar skull crusher x 20

DB shrugs 6 x 15

Superset x 7
Cable straight bar push downs x 15
CSB curls x 15

No strength increase yet, but looking bigger and getting bigger pumps in the gym. This is motivating. I'm as big as I've ever been and this cycle is going to help me go significantly beyond my genetic potential.

Nice man i like that you are optimistic and motivated. Take advantage of the gear and train hard. I am always working through some kind of pain or injury, once i get warmed up and into it i push through it. Its one thing or another always if you are hitting it 6 days a week. Keep the posts comin bro
Edit: my goal was strength and size so i have been always hitting the big compound lifts for 5x5 heaviest i can, also last set is always a dropset

Last edited:
one way to bring up a 'weak' body part is to add some very light frequency to that muscle group with either 'active recovery' or what some call 'cell swelling' work.

example : :)

This ^^^ is great. Roush is right on and I am not just mimicking and patronizing. I have done this But in a much more moderate way. Some will say that hitting a muscle more then two times a week is not good or not enough recovery time. I disagree if you do it by not taxing the muscle IE: failure by overload by the normal way you do your growth sets (low reps) and tearing down the muscle.

This routine is not for a steady diet but for certain muscles that need that boost to catch up for symmetry. What I have done was to throw in a third day and it would be light and very high reps. like 40. I do 3 sets and drop the weight to try to keep the reps at 30-40 but stop when the burn comes on pretty hot but before failure. I do not push out ( force ) a rep. Now the weight is just stupid light.

Myself not as educated as some of you more scientific modern day (don't laugh at me) BB's I didn't know much of what it was and why but it caused some growth to the already well trained lagging b part. I would do this when my muscle was still sore or at least I could tell it hadn't quite recovered. SO by doing this I would flood the muscle with all the fluids and nutrients it needs to repair.

I wasn't sure what I was doing but it worked. My idea back then came from looking at the guys that loaded the log trucks. Have you ever noticed these guys' triceps. They are usually huge but after years they stop growing. Ha, why Simple Simon we all know they don't increase the load and or go to failure BUT they do this all day long 5 + days a week.

Anyway it worked for me and I think it is similar to Roush ? IMOP

I hope I haven't confused what Roush said.

Last edited:
You are still in japan? What gym is letting you work out with your sleeve on your arm? I need to find an ok with tattoo gym once im there. I have my polynesian half sleeve, and most gyms when i was there didnt like it, golds gym included. Good luck on loggin brotha!

You are still in japan? What gym is letting you work out with your sleeve on your arm? I need to find an ok with tattoo gym once im there. I have my polynesian half sleeve, and most gyms when i was there didnt like it, golds gym included. Good luck on loggin brotha!

What??? gyms wont let people work out who have tattoos????? damn.

What??? gyms wont let people work out who have tattoos????? damn.

Mostly not. Also pools and onsen (natural hot springs) usually ban them. Tattoos are associated with the underworld/yakuza who sport full body tattoos.

I workout at a city sports center when in Japan (government/city subsidized).Those are usually ok. If I joined golds I'd have to hide my tattoo- even if it's covered and they knew about it I couldn't join. Zero chance of my working out in long sleeves. I sweat like a pig as it is.

You can't work in many government positions if you have a tattoo- even if it's totally covered.

They'll have to lighten up come the olympics or half the competitors won't be allowed in the pool to compete.

Last edited:
Mostly not. Also pools and onsen (natural hot springs) usually ban them. Tattoos are associated with the underworld/yakuza who sport full body tattoos.

I workout at a city sports center when in Japan. Those are usually ok. If I joined golds I'd have to hide my tattoo- even if it's covered and they knew about it I couldn't join. Zero chance of my working out in long sleeves. I sweat like a pig as it is.

damn. it just sounds crazy to me since tattos and weightlifting goes hand in hand. can anyone give me any advice on how to cover my tattoo up when I go to Japan? ;) View attachment 566030

Last edited:
Weightlifting isn't popular there. Muscle isn't considerate aesthetically pleasing. Big guys are seen as being stupid.

Wait till the big sponsors get busy there. Muscle isn't considerate aesthetically pleasing because they all eat rice and fish, with all respect. Great diet by the way, just love it.

BUT its just a matter of time, wait till the girls get the majority cause girls from anywhere in the world love bodybuilders with small weenies.

Last edited:

I workout at a city sports center when in Japan (government/city subsidized).Those are usually ok. If I joined golds I'd have to hide my tattoo- even if it's covered and they knew about it I couldn't join. Zero chance of my working out in long sleeves. I sweat like a pig as it is.

You can't work in many government positions if you have a tattoo- even if it's totally covered.

They'll have to lighten up come the olympics or half the competitors won't be allowed in the pool to compete.

That's weird I've studied under a few really traditional Japanese guys and never really got that vibe from them they were in oz though not Japan so that could be why . I wouldn't have much luck getting into a gym over there then

That's weird I've studied under a few really traditional Japanese guys and never really got that vibe from them they were in oz though not Japan so that could be why . I wouldn't have much luck getting into a gym over there then

whens that tattoo going to be finished?

Back