Jin's first bulk: newbie gainz

Push workout shoulder emphasis.

Highlights:
My wo partner hitting 4 clean reps of 245 standing military press. Good lord.
I repped 105 DB on shoulder press for 8.

Personally, it's very motivating and effective to lift with a partner, especially one who is stronger than I. Workouts are slightly slower paced, but I/we are able to put in extra effort from the mutual support.

Sitting at 277 and my abs are now barely visible. I'd eat more, but I just don't want to.

GFMGD

Blood pressure running high. Ordered some l-arginine and beet root.

Deads

From a deficit (standing on 45lb bumper plates)
All 5 reps

Off the floor
495x2
515x1
525x1

Was able to row the 150 DBs for 8 reps.
Getting quite sizable now.....just getting started.

Edit- true story: went to Yin Yoga last night to increase my flexibility. Finally I was the biggest guy in the group. My Zoomba classes have some Monsters.

Last edited:
Push workout shoulder emphasis.

Highlights:
My wo partner hitting 4 clean reps of 245 standing military press. Good lord.
I repped 105 DB on shoulder press for 8.

Personally, it's very motivating and effective to lift with a partner, especially one who is stronger than I. Workouts are slightly slower paced, but I/we are able to put in extra effort from the mutual support.

Sitting at 277 and my abs are now barely visible. I'd eat more, but I just don't want to.
Just curious..how do you get 105 lb dumbells into position for shoulder presses?

I'm saying that because I can't clean that heavy of a dumbell up there. So I bought a set of powerhooks that I hook on a bar to make it possible.and I only handle 80lbs

Just curious..how do you get 105 lb dumbells into position for shoulder presses?

I'm saying that because I can't clean that heavy of a dumbell up there. So I bought a set of powerhooks that I hook on a bar to make it possible.and I only handle 80lbs

I can kick them up to shoulder level but need help from the elbows to get above that. I can get 85s up without assistance, anything heavier I need a spot on the first rep.

My wo partner presses 120 on shoulders and me and another guy have to each lift them to his shoulders. But once they're at his shoulders he presses them no problem.

Last edited:
I was gonna say i just finally got up to hitting the 95s for sets of 8, i gotta really pump myself up before i kick them up, no assistance though, I'm sure if i had some for that first rep i could get an extra 2 reps in there cause man that first one takes a lot lol

I'm up about 23lbs in 7 weeks on cycle. Before that I had bulked from 235 to 255, so in total I'm 43lbs up in 6 months. The weight gain is taking its toll.

I've had to increase my blood pressure meds; my breathing is definitely more labored; and this morning my wife basically told me I'm beginning to get a bit of sleep apnea.

Got bloods pulled this morning and should have results in a week. If there are any red flags then I'll have to consider making some changes in AAS protocol and/or diet. I'll be adding 3 20min sessions of cardio a week.

Had a decent chest workout yesterday even though my CNS is pretty shot. Couldn't go at it with a lot of intensity but I was able to move some relatively heavy weights. Repped 120 DB for 10 on flat. Unfortunately the DBs jump to 150 from 120 at my gym. I'm still a bit nervous going too heavy on chest as the last thing I want to do is reinjure my right pec.

Taking today off and then hitting traps and arms tomorrow.

Weight: 275

Back on the 6x15 program.
Started wearing breathe right strips and got a humidifier, the sleep apnea has vanished.
Taking beet root, l-arginine and an extra BP pill and I'm around 150/72, which is higher than I'd like but ok for a couple months.

I hit the same reps and weights as 2 weeks ago, but felt sluggish. I think I'm still recovering a bit from last week. I was hoping to go up in weight, but I guess even on cycle increasing weight every week is probably unrealistic.

Got in 20 minutes of steady state cardio after legs and biceps today.

I just got bloods back 2,900 test and 138 e2! Holy shit, no wonder I'm so tired

Didn't think e2 was high but here are my symptoms:
Extreme fatigue (I attributed this to igf)
Frequent urination (similar to bph)
Lower libido (but can still perform)

Other than that I feel fine.

I took 1mg of Adex today and will be upping the dose to .5 eod. I'll retest in 2 weeks.

I've seen guys who are retaining water and usually their face is full/puffy, mine isn't at all. Also no other signs of high e2, which is why I thought my levels were in range.

I'm happy with those test levels at 750/wk. seems like the gear is dosed correctly, but chime in if you think otherwise.

This is why you need bloodwork!

Last edited:
Depending on what test you took deca can give a false positive for testosterone but shouldn't alter e2. What's your body fat %

Feeling much better since upping the Adex. Libido is way back up and I can sleep without having to get up to pee. Fatigue is better, but I'm still pretty broken down from workouts.

Deads and back today.

Did a deload on deadlifts.
7x5 @ 315 from a 4 inch deficit. Worked explosiveness off the ground.

I'm losing some water weight, but gaining some definition.

Back