Joint Repair

Resistance

Hi There,

For 11 years now(happened when I was 27) I have wrestled with a nuisance neck injury. I've had x-rays(no damaged bones) and been to a few worthless physio therapists and chiropractors. Every now and then it flares up which locks down the neck and causes pain for a few days. I've tried strength exercises and regular stretching which have reduced the likelihood of an episode but not fixed it. I'm trying to get back into sparring and the other day just putting on the headgear was enough to twinge the neck....That's ridiculous, I've done my best and tried to let nature take it's course but nature is not on my side with this one.

The way I see it is, if I see the right Doctor I should be able to get sanctioned medical support but since this site clearly has experts on it and my doctor has trouble diagnosing allergies I'd really like to run everything by the crew here first.

Actually I have a jaw click and a knee which dislocated once during training(all of my injuries are from Martial Arts) so I will be including them in my program.

At this stage I imagine I need to:
a) streamline a joint repair diet.
b) construct a conditioning program for all three injuries.
c) consider picking up an EMS and working that into the plan.
d) work in a Hormone boosting regime.

I am looking for assistance on any aspect of the overall plan since I can use guidance in all areas so all help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
What types of supplements have you already tried for your joints?

Fish oil, the basic glucosamine and chondroitin? Cissus? Maybe these things wouldn't completely fix you, but I mean they might make things bearable if you know what I mean.

Forged joint repair is really really solid. It has all 3, glucosamine, chondroitin AND cissus in it.

What types of supplements have you already tried for your joints?

Fish oil, the basic glucosamine and chondroitin? Cissus? Maybe these things wouldn't completely fix you, but I mean they might make things bearable if you know what I mean.

Forged joint repair is really really solid. It has all 3, glucosamine, chondroitin AND cissus in it.

When I've tried fish oils, Glucosamine and Condroitin I have not used them for very long, maybe a month at the most. I've just read somewhere that it can take three months for ligaments to regain their strength so I will definitely work those supplements into the diet again.

Similar deal with the EMS, a physio therapist had me on that for a while but it was a bit too expensive for me considering I'm an electrician and I get zapped at work all the time for free{insert smiley face here} With hindsight though it was pretty good so I'm considering buying a basic unit for myself.

I haven't tried Forged Joint Repair, thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
This has worked for me. The fish oils and glucosamine will help a little but you will only see any results from them if your joists are permanantly dried out (arthritis). But I hate to break it to you that is not far off.

For now, find a good spine doctor not some bullshit chiro or something like that. Nerve block injections. I am 35 and have been getting them in my back and neck for the last 7 years. 3 days after the injection you feel as good as gold. I lift very heavy and had been doing this for years.

Also, because of fluid retention, a nice 12 weeker of some test makes it feel pretty good too.

what would your joint repair diet consist of?

So far the diet I have lined up is pretty standard but with substantially more salmon, which I totally dig anyway but I'm too poor to bulk buy it yet. The fish market has monsterous Salmon Steaks for about $90 which look like would yield a good sized steak daily for nearly 2 weeks(I asked the sushi shop owner where he got his when I saw him cutting one up).

At this stage I have marginally improved my diet, I'm Back on the Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Calcium and Magnesium since I had that kicking around the house.

Substantially increased my Cardio(to get the blood pumping first).

I'm doing weights with the head band strap(yeah the one guys stick on their stinky boots before I use it...yuck) with the pulley around head height or just a bit lower. Which is fantastic, having the pulley up high keeps all the downward pressure off the cervical vertebrae.

There has been a noticable improvement over the last few weeks but it is still early days, one mistake and I'll be back to square one again so I'm being super careful. Haven't bothered with the Knee or Jaw yet. I run till my knee starts to cry a little then I stop so hopefully that will tone it up a bit. As for the Jaw though, I just don't feel right biting down on the head strap that guys stick on their feet:Puke: I might knock up my own strap and take it to the gym to bite down on. It's sideways movement of the Jaw that causes the click but I figure a few months of opening and closing the jaw with weights before I move onto sideways movements is smart.

Plus I'm using Tiger Balm and a scarf to keep the neck as warm as possible.

This has worked for me. The fish oils and glucosamine will help a little but you will only see any results from them if your joists are permanantly dried out (arthritis). But I hate to break it to you that is not far off.

For now, find a good spine doctor not some bullshit chiro or something like that. Nerve block injections. I am 35 and have been getting them in my back and neck for the last 7 years. 3 days after the injection you feel as good as gold. I lift very heavy and had been doing this for years.

Also, because of fluid retention, a nice 12 weeker of some test makes it feel pretty good too.

Thanks mate, I'll keep that in mind.

Last edited:
Back