Just another old guy story about hopefully getting right and feeling better

I am on TRT at 200mg of Test C weekly. Initially I was injecting 100 mg every two weeks. The Dr Had me come in on the morning of the day of my next injection. I had blood work done and my test dropped from240 down to 103! Geezuus! Now im injecting 200mg weekly. Was curious about the diff between drawing blood a few days after pinning compared to the day of your next shot.

200mg test e per week put me over 1500, but everyones different.

Most will recommend splitting the dose and injecting twice a week for less ups and downs. Seems common for Dr's to prescribe once a week. Mine did.

Blood work the day after is gonna be your high point. BW the day before your next inject will be your low point. So depends on what your Dr is looking for.

Also, for my test e, it took about 8 weeks to really reach my peak saturation levels. There are some cool half-life graph apps on the web. You can enter all your specs and it will graph out your body totals (roughly of course) but it's cool to see how long it takes to reach that peak level

So 1st, fix my typo. I lowered my T injection to 160mg/wk (not 180)

Now the interesting new update. Got my latest bw back:

My serum test IS STILL >1500! Fine.... I gotta lower my T.E. injection more
Hematocrit went down a bit. Still gotta donate tho!
PSA went down. Still gotta get that checked out soon

And the weirdest thing... Estradiol went up to 42.2 from 35.7 even having doubled my Anastrazole dose!!!

Will be talking with doc tomorrow

...oh yeah, weight now down to 219 :biggthump

Update:

Success! !!

Invited my attractive, young coworker & gym partner along with as I made another attempt at donating blood. As instructed, I told the blood sucker those 2 magic words... Vasovagal syncope. They were very helpful. My personal distraction also worked wonders as we chatted about work crap, pets, my impending retirement, just about anything she could think of. And it worked! No issues at all. Smmmooooth. :)

No BW yet from latest trt adjustment. Weight down to 214! Still tracking caloric deficiency and macros. Still making some gym gains anyway! Still doing 5x5s hit. Biceps not keeping up (not surprising ) but broke new, dB bench press 160# for 5. That's huge for me! I've NEVER had a chest. Even at my age.

Call me pleased :dance2:

Continuing the updates, some financial stuff came up and I decided to trt solo at latest recommended doses.

Got latest bw requested thru private. Successful and easy.
Got results back. Serum T now 1058 3 days after once a week injection. Sensitive Estradiol 16.4. Hematocrit 49.2

Tweaks: bumping hcg up to 600/wk based on wad and nutsize. Back off Anastrazole to 1.5/wk. Will start splitting T injections to twice weekly.

Fine tuning :)

No scales since last week but 211 at low point. So down 26# since tracking macros and down 39# from my absolute worst point a couple years ago.
Still in gym 3/wk. Still doing 5x5s with some hit. Some muscle groups still slowly gaining. Some stuck. Getting ready for beginner blast. Patience.

Thanx to all here :)

Continuing the updates, some financial stuff came up and I decided to trt solo at latest recommended doses.

Got latest bw requested thru private. Successful and easy.
Got results back. Serum T now 1058 3 days after once a week injection. Sensitive Estradiol 16.4. Hematocrit 49.2

Tweaks: bumping hcg up to 600/wk based on wad and nutsize. Back off Anastrazole to 1.5/wk. Will start splitting T injections to twice weekly.

Fine tuning :)

No scales since last week but 211 at low point. So down 26# since tracking macros and down 39# from my absolute worst point a couple years ago.
Still in gym 3/wk. Still doing 5x5s with some hit. Some muscle groups still slowly gaining. Some stuck. Getting ready for beginner blast. Patience.

Thanx to all here :)

If I understand you correctly, you are doing blood test 3 days after injection??? And you inject once a week? I don't understand why you are not getting your blood test at your trough blood reading (lowest point) which is just before your next injection. Under E7D injection protocol, your lowest reading is seven days after injection. You are actually getting your peak or highest TT reading!! I'm going to bed so I don't want to type it all out right now. Perhaps you might want to look at a thread I started lately and search other info on proper protocol. You will get some important stuff in the thread "Is your TT trough reading, really your trough? Or actually close to your Peak???" You decide what is the best protocol for you.. Right now, I think you need some help with your protocol. Because I'm not sure your doctor really knows what makes up a good method of pinning and testing to get results which are accurate. Or if he does why would he use Peak measurement as a way to figure out your TT? This makes no sense.

Last edited:
Not disagreeing with you but sticking with the process the TRT doc set.... for now.

Going forward, now on my own, I will split my injections and test the trough. I didn't want to change the doc's protocol until I was on the graph. Apples to apples as it were. I now have at least two usable data points. 160mgs/wk at peak is >1500 and 100mgs/wk at peak is 1050

As long as I was paying a doc, I followed his protocol.

Btw: weight down to 208! And today's incline bench = 6 reps of 80# dbs. That's new ground for me.... ever. I needed help getting them up but all in all a good day.

Not disagreeing with you but sticking with the process the TRT doc set.... for now.

Going forward, now on my own, I will split my injections and test the trough. I didn't want to change the doc's protocol until I was on the graph. Apples to apples as it were. I now have at least two usable data points. 160mgs/wk at peak is >1500 and 100mgs/wk at peak is 1050

As long as I was paying a doc, I followed his protocol.

Btw: weight down to 208! And today's incline bench = 6 reps of 80# dbs. That's new ground for me.... ever. I needed help getting them up but all in all a good day.

I understand that you are working with your doctor for now. Have you discussed what amount of TT he will allow and whether the number is peak or trough? I'm just wondering if you and your doctor have the same goals for TRT. It would be nice to know this ahead of time. And it would be nice if you both had the same goals so you could have prescribed TRT.

Nice going on the weights and weight loss.

May 2nd = go time. The journey has begun. 1st ever. Beginners. Thank you all so much for the knowledge & encouragement.
Happy with my trt. Check.
Happy with my weight. Check.
Pre-body measurements. Check.
Donated blood. Check.
Did pre bw. Check.
Saw regular doc for 'regular' bw. Some kidney concerns. Increasing fluids. No naisds. Check again in a couple months. PSA was fine. (I had concerns) got scripts for minor prostate swelling. Welcome to old age. Pffttt.
Supplies overstocked. Check.
Workout routine set. Check.
Even did some pre-videos and pics... but too embarrassed to post them. Yup.

I'll post up in the appropriate section :)

Note: went to unnamed store to send unnamed funds to unnamed country (for the missionaries our Sunday school kids support) and this cute lil thing behind the counter hits on me! Ya all got your own lives and realities, but in mine, well, shiz like that just don't happen to old Finns like me! Lol! :p

Back