Just had a DIFFERENT/scary experience doing injections... Abscess? Old gear?

I'd leave it alone and let the antibiotics do their thing. You don't want to go poking around in there any more; especially when it's angry and inflamed. If it gets worse, then you may need to get a doctor to open it up and clean it out. Till then, just leave it be - do NOT massage it or apply heat/cold. You can try ibuprofen to help with the swelling.

I had a similar issue, and am glad I left it alone, as it went away within two weeks.

I'd leave it alone and let the antibiotics do their thing. You don't want to go poking around in there any more; especially when it's angry and inflamed. If it gets worse, then you may need to get a doctor to open it up and clean it out. Till then, just leave it be - do NOT massage it or apply heat/cold. You can try ibuprofen to help with the swelling.

I had a similar issue, and am glad I left it alone, as it went away within two weeks.

Thanks so much, as usual, I will take your advice. Hopefully foam rolling it/applying heat a few times didnt cause too much damage.

Quite a relief to hear to leave it alone, I wasnt excited to start stabbing my delt. I've been sitting around all day mentally preparing myself for what could have turned out to be a painful, gorey situation.

Thanks so much, as usual, I will take your advice. Hopefully foam rolling it/applying heat a few times didnt cause too much damage.

Quite a relief to hear to leave it alone, I wasnt excited to start stabbing my delt. I've been sitting around all day mentally preparing myself for what could have turned out to be a painful, gorey situation.

Lol, a wise decision especially if your not confident.

Call me an asshole, I've been hoping forever one of my mates will develop an abscess so I can drain it lol... :devil:

When I had a growth in my shoulder, I debated several times on poking it with a needle many times myself. The problem is that there is a sac of fluid that acts as a cushion called the bursa - which is something we really don't want to mess with. This time I ended up getting surgery, and it was confirmed that it had nothing to do with injections at all - just a non-cancerous lump my body decided to make randomly. Of course, the whole time I'm wondering if I somehow brought it upon myself or not, but that wasn't the case.

Absolute worst case, you end up with a scar and a little wiser. I hope that it's just trauma and a depot that needs to be absorbed though. :)

Lol, a wise decision especially if your not confident.

Call me an asshole, I've been hoping forever one of my mates will develop an abscess so I can drain it lol... :devil:

Lol, they're pretty gross to be honest. I've had one on a toe from the nail growing downwards - and not only is it a painful mess - but it doesn't smell very good either. :p

When I had a growth in my shoulder, I debated several times on poking it with a needle many times myself. The problem is that there is a sac of fluid that acts as a cushion called the bursa - which is something we really don't want to mess with. This time I ended up getting surgery, and it was confirmed that it had nothing to do with injections at all - just a non-cancerous lump my body decided to make randomly. Of course, the whole time I'm wondering if I somehow brought it upon myself or not, but that wasn't the case.

Absolute worst case, you end up with a scar and a little wiser. I hope that it's just trauma and a depot that needs to be absorbed though. :)

Lol, they're pretty gross to be honest. I've had one on a toe from the nail growing downwards - and not only is it a painful mess - but it doesn't smell very good either. :p

Nasty! I've had one in the back of my throat many years ago lol... Agreed on the smell haha. I had a doctor do that one .(obviously.) He got a big 20ml syringe and one of the longest needles I've ever seen to reach the back of my throat. Just had to sit there mouth open and watch all the pus and shit fill into the syringe haha.

Thank god I didn't taste anything... :p

Back