Keep drawing blood from glutes

tmart57

Hey all, I'm in my 5th week of my second cycle, currently running 500mg a week of test e. Saturday I injected into my left glute, upper outer quadrant just like I've always done, when I aspirated I pulled out some blood for the first time. Switched needles, did it again no problems. Earlier today, went for the right glute, pulled out blood again. Switched needles, moved over a little, drew more blood. What gives? This has never happened before, now it's happened three times in a week. If you pull hard enough on the plunger will it always get blood? I aspirate enough to see small bubbles generally, any tips on why I keep getting blood after never having this problem before? Using 22g 1 1/2in needles.

Lol cause 22 guage. You crazy?! That's to draw the oil. Switch a 25 gauge top to pin. Also aspirate a lil, u don't gotta vampire that shit ;)

Honestly, it doesn't matter if you draw blood or not. In fact, aspirating isn't even recommended any more by the AMA/WHO/CDC. If that's not enough to give you peace of mind, you can keep playing musical needle sticks while trying to avoid miniscule blood vessels that couldn't carry enough oil to do damage to you.

My .02c :)

Honestly, it doesn't matter if you draw blood or not. In fact, aspirating isn't even recommended any more by the AMA/WHO/CDC. If that's not enough to give you peace of mind, you can keep playing musical needle sticks while trying to avoid miniscule blood vessels that couldn't carry enough oil to do damage to you.

suprisingly my TRT doc and nursing staff advise me to aspirate and when i questioned this saying the same thing you stated they say they always aspirate.. i still don't do it, but the medical staff at the best hospital in the state and one of the top in the country , also working with one of the best urologists when it comes to TRT says to aspirate

also @op get some smaller pins and try pinning quads.. its way easier

suprisingly my TRT doc and nursing staff advise me to aspirate and when i questioned this saying the same thing you stated they say they always aspirate.. i still don't do it, but the medical staff at the best hospital in the state and one of the top in the country , also working with one of the best urologists when it comes to TRT says to aspirate

I think what they mean is: When you are pinning yourself, go ahead and aspirate. It won't make any real-world difference, but it won't do any harm, so we might as well advise it. For our guys, and people giving a whole load of shots, like a nurse pinning a whole school full of kids, or giving shots to soldiers going off on deployment, why waste the time, when the risk is negligible? I try not to bother anymore, but I feel a bit guilty if I don't. But I never bother in my glutes. Damn needle moves around so much anyway! Just cus you aren't in a blood vessel when you aspirate, doesn't mean you won't be in one a second later!

Lol cause 22 guage. You crazy?! That's to draw the oil. Switch a 25 gauge top to pin. Also aspirate a lil, u don't gotta vampire that shit ;)

Wrong it is a matter of choice what G you use. When I want to go deep for sure I have many times used 22G 1-1/2". No problem it will cause to much scare tissue if you pin a lot over the years. More pain sometimes. For me 25 G w/oil is slow going.

AS I have stated in many posts, I've been at this since 1980. I never aspirate. So many reasons I don't. You can't stay in a vein to get any amount in. When you aspirate more times than not you are drawing some blood from the tiny capillary's. AND on and on. It's a choice but for me it's a waste and complicates things. I bleed, I don't bleed, blood has squirted out like a tiny hose and not, but through all my years I'm ok and have good injections.

Smaller pins will help. as I said I have many times used a 22 but I stick with a 23G 1" for oil and 25G 5/8" for water base.

I have never had a doctor or nurse aspirate. Just my case.

I guess it's like shoelaces. If mine are untied, I leave them untied if tying them isn't convenient. As long as your lace is shorter than the gap between strides, it's impossible to trip over them. Yet I still point out an untied lace to someone else.The other thing with aspirating is that you won't see blood if you don't pull back enough, and you'll always see it if you pull back far enough, and it varies according to needle gauge, pin site, and the individual. So how can someone seeing some blood for the first time know they hit a blood vessel? As you say, a bit of blood don't mean much. Plus, most people are expecting to see it in the syringe itself, so maybe they pull back to far. I only ever pulled back to see an air bubble form at the sleeve of the needle. I doubt many people would even notice a bit of blood there anyway. I'm definitely swaying to the anti-aspiration side. but mainly for the last reason I gave: The needle moves around quite a bit after aspirating. I find it sometimes goes in deeper as I inject, or sometimes pulls out slowly. So again...not much point in aspirating. I've yet to hear a compelling argument for it, while those against, keep mounting up. Maybe someone should open a thread and let both sides go to war.

Thanks everyone. I've always aspirated because I hear of the horror stories of burning lungs and violent coughing when accidentally injecting into a vein. and the fact that most people never draw blood and I hadn't either until this week freaked me out. Does anyone have any idea what would have caused me to start drawing blood when I never before have throughout dozens of pins?

could be u hit a vein and not it bled out a bit , maybe the neeldle ends up in the blood that came out of the vein and u keep sucking it up . try some new sites for a while , and as suggested above , 22g is brutal . 25g for the win

Mike I disagree. Yes 22 guage is ok and won't hurt you. It's good for experienced people like yourself. I believe it's best to pin 25g for beginners. Less intimidating and goes in easier. Like butter in the glute.

Back