Kratom and high liver values

Yoenerlun

I was recently at the doctors and did some bloodwork before my cycle and had pretty high liver values. Nothing dangerously high, but high enough to be over the highest value and make me drop the orals. I couldnt understand why it was so high since I never drink alcohol or use any medications (except allergy medication). So the only thing left I could think of was kratom. I did some searches on google and came over this thread: https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221768

I thought I should mention this for you guys since I have seen alot of posts about kratom lately and alot of people here use other stuff that can be hard on the liver.

I don't think kratom on it's own are that dangerous but when combined with certain oral AAS...

Last edited:
very good info, thank your for posting.

the research I've done suggest pre existing conditions and/or genetic predisposition

it is extremely rare, and still not proven in any clinical setting or study - that kratom is hepatoxic

I was recently at the doctors and did some bloodwork before my cycle and had pretty high liver values. Nothing dangerously high, but high enough to be over the highest value and make me drop the orals. I couldnt understand why it was so high since I never drink alcohol or use any medications (except allergy medication). So the only thing left I could think of was kratom. I did some searches on google and came over this thread: https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221768

I thought I should mention this for you guys since I have seen alot of posts about kratom lately and alot of people here use other stuff that can be hard on the liver.

I don't think kratom on it's own are that dangerous but when combined with certain oral AAS...

I was using anywhere from 3 - 9 grams a day for the last 5 months. Had a few 2 week breaks from time due to toleranse issues

Last edited:
From that other thread, I bolded the important parts:

Hepatotoxicity from abuse of kratom: first reported case
May 26, 2011, 8:40 pm

Intrahepatic Cholestasis Following Abuse of Powdered Kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) Kapp FG et al. J Med Toxicol 2011 April 29. [Epub ahead of print]

Abstract

Kratom is a psychoactive leaf from the southeast asian tree Mitragyna speciosa (picture). This tree is related to the plants that produce coffee. Because there are a number of different alkaloids in kratom and because some of its actions are dose related, ingesting the leaf has been associated with a variety of effects, including sedation, analgesia, increased energy, a sense of well being, and improved mood. Of the major alkaloids, mitragynine is a stimulant and 7-hydroxymitragyine a sedative and analgesic, acting primarily as an agonist at the ***956;-opioid receptor.

This case report, from Germany, describes a 25-year-old man who developed intrahepatic cholestasis after taking an overdose of kratom powder over the course of several weeks. The product had been purchased at an internet site. A pattern of pure drug-induced cholestatic injury was seen on liver biopsy, other potential causes were ruled out, and alkaloids consistent with kratom ingestion were detected in the patient's urine. In addition, the kratom powder itself was analyzed and found to contain components of M. speciosa but no adulterants or contaminants.

Using the Naranjo algorithm to analyze this adverse drug reaction, the authors' claim that kratom was the probable cause of this patient's hepatic toxicity is reasonable. They are to be commended for the analytical work that went into supporting that claim.

Last edited:
I just wanted to also give a heads up as well since I spent few days at the hosp with high liver values. Mine were in the 400's ...the only thing I am on is, 100mg cyp a week which is perscibed by my doc and the only thing that I did add to that was the kratom. I do not drink or take any other meds or pills. So just a word of cautious.

Get udca...works wonders on liver values.

Any personal recommendations?

From what I'm reading it looks like great stuff... it seems udica is a prescription and
tudica can be purchased without a prescription.

This definitely looks like something worth looking into regardless if you're using kratom
or not.

Any personal recommendations?

From what I'm reading it looks like great stuff... it seems udica is a prescription and
tudica can be purchased without a prescription.

This definitely looks like something worth looking into regardless if you're using kratom
or not.

TUDCA is really just supplement compnay bs, they added taurine so they could sell it as a supplement, then did the usual funded studies etc
UDCA is used by medical professionals, in hospitals.

When on orals i take 250mg/day....rui sells it 250mg/cap so a cap a day.

I also take nac at 1800mg/day.

I was using anywhere from 3 - 9 grams a day for the last 5 months. Had a few 2 week breaks from time due to toleranse issues

Wow 3-9 Grams, ok I am under that. I may use 1gram 3-4 times a week. Thanks for the info though I will keep an eye on it. Every so often I do have to go on heavy Antibiotics during Lymes flare ups, I will make sure I am off of the Kratom then

Wow 3-9 Grams, ok I am under that. I may use 1gram 3-4 times a week. Thanks for the info though I will keep an eye on it. Every so often I do have to go on heavy Antibiotics during Lymes flare ups, I will make sure I am off of the Kratom then

You got lyme disease?

Wow very interesting. I recently bought some and took it twice the second time I tried it I pretty much used it all day but not in crazy doses. That was last Saturday. The whole week after up until about yesterday I felt like crap. headaches, fatigue, and unable to get a pump just got clammy and cold sweats. Really freaked me out. I thought it was my blood quality. but now I am wondering if I over stressed my liver. Felling much better these past 2 days. Might just be a giant coincidence but something to keep an eye on for sure.

It wasn't just a bad constipation? Kratom often fucks up the stomach abit when you use higher dosages. Probably has to do with the opiod effect and the fact that you are eating a bunch of plant material that doesn't get digested.

It's probably just the orals. I'm sure the Jratom doesn't help though. I took about two ounces of Kratom a day for 3 years and every time I got blood work done my liver levels were good. Then I got off the Kratom for about three months and started taking anabolic s and my liver levels were high so I quit taking the orals. I haven't checked lately though

Back