Lab work opinions. Trt and still not right

Hulk smasher

I’ve been on Trt for about a year now. Still not feeling 100%. Dr says everything looks good. Any opinions ?

Last edited:
To go through the hassle, aggravation, and cost of TRT and end up with numbers near the bottom of the range is not ok. I could word that stronger, but I think you already know that.

To get any kind of meaningful advice you'll have to give your weight, height, age, injection protocol and dosages, and any auxiliary drugs like AI or HCG you are taking (or not taking). Also any other prescription drugs would be useful, but not absolutely required.

This doctor is missing something, everything can't look fine for the fact that you have symptoms. I'm willing to bet your doctor doesn't specialize in TRT and is doing the best he knows how, he many not understand how the TRT game is played. SHBG is measured and a protocol is designed base off that value, injection frequency and dosing is determined off your SHBG level. An example, my SHBG level is lower (16-18) and I only respond very strongly to TRT when injecting smaller doses every other day, twice weekly and I feel little to nothing.

I'll bet your protocol needs some minor tweaking.

Last edited:
I***8217;ve posted a few times and still hasn***8217;t showed up. Not ignoring you tank. Really looking forward to hearing your opinion

Let me try this again.

I***8217;m 38 years old

6***8217;-6***8217;1***8221; on a good day

215lbs

First doc had me taking

200mg test on Monday
250iu hcg on Monday
.25 arimedex on Monday and Wednesday

After last bloodwork he switched me to

200mg test on Monday
250iu hcg on Monday and Friday
.25 arimedex on Wednesday

This doctor is missing something, everything can't look fine for the fact that you have symptoms. I'm willing to bet your doctor doesn't specialize in TRT and is doing the best he knows how, he many not understand how the TRT game is played. SHBG is measured and a protocol is designed base off that value, injection frequency and dosing is determined off your SHBG level. An example, my SHBG level is lower (16-18) and I only respond very strongly to TRT when injecting smaller doses every other day, twice weekly and I feel little to nothing.

I'll bet your protocol needs some minor tweaking.

I am not sure what exactly the doc knows. He is a trt Doctor. He used to advertise on here I don***8217;t see him now though. Hoping that is not because something happened.

I am no where near a expert but isn***8217;t my free test still pretty low?

And why the hell is there a bunch of **** in my posts???

You need 50 posts before they will pop up without being reviewed by an admin first, that's why the delay. Don't know why it puts the ****'s in there.

So I have to admit I didn't look closely enough at your results. I see now the 8/18/17 results showing 459 total test and 11.8 free. That's where I thought you were on your TRT protocol, but now I'm guessing those are the "before". 6/26/18 is showing 1313 total and 33.6 free - on the protocol you listed, before the most recent change:

200mg test on Monday
250iu hcg on Monday
.25 arimedex on Monday and Wednesday

With changes after this test being doubling the HCG and halving the adex.

I don't know anything about thyroid, but seems to me those figures look fine. The total test at 1313 and free at 33.6 are both above the tops of the reference ranges, and a good deal higher than most go with TRT, so I'm going to assume they are ok. Estrogen looks low at 18.6, and DHEA (another I know nothing about) looks a bit low.

So I'd have to say I would do exactly the same thing your doctor did - I would cut the adex down at least in half. And not really needed based on your results, but I'd increase the HCG to 250 2x/wk because that is pretty much the minimum advised standard.

I would suggest that if you don't feel good at those test levels then it must be either the estrogen is too low (hence the halving of the adex), or perhaps you have a roller coaster effect going on with 1x/wk injections (you could try more frequent injections). Was the second blood test on the morning of the injection, i.e. 7 days after last injection?

Some people don't agree with recommending more frequent injections because you end up feeling like a pin cushion with 2x test and 2x HCG shots per week, but what I would try is 100 mg test twice per week, and 250 HCG twice per week on the same days to keep things easy, and I'd cut that 0.25mg adex in half and take 0.125 twice per week on injection days.

I would hope doing this would raise estrogen, lower peak test and raise trough test levels, and just put you on a more even keel throughout the week.

I forgot to mention doc put me on dhea 25mg twice a day also.

The low estrogen could be the reason. I was feeling good but started feeling not so good recently.

I think the doc put me on the double dose of arimedex because I told him I might have gyno. I don***8217;t have puffy nipples, not sensitive, and no lumps. So said it prob isn***8217;t gyno then. Seems like I have some extra fat then and a under developed center pec? Not sure. It bothers me though.

I will try to split the doses. I want to get everything under control though because I wanted to do a cycle of higher test and Anavar. I don***8217;t want to start now though feeling like this.

Back