Lantus insulin and cutting: thoughts

Uso

I am currently on a cut diet: I've posted cycle details and what my diet looks like in diet forum. But to recap

Current stats:
  • 5'9"
  • 200lb
  • 8%(dexa and caliper)

Cycle:
  • Tren 800mg
  • Masteron 200mg
  • Anavar 50mg
  • Test 200mg
  • will drop test and add winstrol this week.

Diet:
  • Tkd
  • cals apx 2600, Pro 360g, Carb 250g, Fat <25g

I was considering taking Lantus, to preserve muscle tissue. I am concerned that it might inhibit getting bf down to 5% I will also be taking gh(generic)
I have experience with Lantus, humalog, and humalin. I am not concerned with going hypo while dieting, I can manage. [/SIZE]

I was looking for insight from the guys who have gotten that low/done a show prep; while running insulin. Did you feel it helped? Pros/Cons? Decreased lipolsis?

Goals in order of priority:
  1. Preserve LBM
  2. Drop BF by 1lb a week(only need to drop 4lbs to be at 5%

I am currently on a cut diet: I've posted cycle details and what my diet looks like in diet forum. But to recap

Current stats:
  • 5'9"
  • 200lb
  • 8%(dexa and caliper)

Cycle:
  • Tren 800mg
  • Masteron 200mg
  • Anavar 50mg
  • Test 200mg
  • will drop test and add winstrol this week.

Diet:
  • Tkd
  • cals apx 2600, Pro 360g, Carb 250g, Fat <25g

I was considering taking Lantus, to preserve muscle tissue. I am concerned that it might inhibit getting bf down to 5% I will also be taking gh(generic)
I have experience with Lantus, humalog, and humalin. I am not concerned with going hypo while dieting, I can manage. [/SIZE]

I was looking for insight from the guys who have gotten that low/done a show prep; while running insulin. Did you feel it helped? Pros/Cons? Decreased lipolsis?

Goals in order of priority:
  1. Preserve LBM
  2. Drop BF by 1lb a week(only need to drop 4lbs to be at 5%

Slin on a cut sounds brutal. I want to ask what dosage you have in mind, but then new people will stare at your avi and want to run the same shit you run. I think it will be tough to drop to 5% on slin. Most of the competitive guys I know don't run slin on a cut, but then again many are local level guys who don't even run slin at all. Hopefully someone with first hand experience can guide you because those 2600 kcals mixed with slin sounds like a nightmare. How many weeks is the cut going to be. You will probably need at least 8 weeks to get to 5% while maintaining maximum muscle. My friend says it makes him look soft even on a controlled diet. I only notice increased size, no loss of definition on people running it. If the gh was pharma grade your odds on the cut going well will be better. How many IU of the gh are you running?

I want to ask what dosage you have in mind, but then new people will stare at your avi and want to run the same shit you run.
Exactly why I didn't want to post exact Insulin dosing(if experiments with slin I have found working your way up to be the best and more isn't better) But I am would be on a conservative dose just to stay full and stop protein degradation.

2600 kcals mixed with slin sounds like a nightmare
I know that sounds low. That is a 20% deficit and if you add in 100g of fat I'd be at 3500cals normally for me.

How many weeks is the cut going to be
4 weeks, is ideal time frame, slower would be better yes, but at that point I will be going into my endo, 2 weeks later and would like to be back on trt dosing.

I only notice increased size, no loss of definition on people running it.
How I normally respond as well, I can also eat pure garbage and stay very lean(I have to try to get over 10%)So I am hoping a clean diet and fasted cardio will take care of fat loss. I have ran Insulin with carb cycling and didn't feel it prevented me from losing fat, I'm just curious if the decrease in muscle preservation is worth the increase in fat lipolysis.

If the gh was pharma grade your odds on the cut going well will be better. How many IU of the gh are you running?
Yes I am considering ordering legitamate gh or having my endo fill a script. But I have this; 2-4iu

I want to ask what dosage you have in mind, but then new people will stare at your avi and want to run the same shit you run.
Exactly why I didn't want to post exact Insulin dosing(if experiments with slin I have found working your way up to be the best and more isn't better) But I am would be on a conservative dose just to stay full and stop protein degradation.

2600 kcals mixed with slin sounds like a nightmare
I know that sounds low. That is a 20% deficit and if you add in 100g of fat I'd be at 3500cals normally for me.

How many weeks is the cut going to be
4 weeks, is ideal time frame, slower would be better yes, but at that point I will be going into my endo, 2 weeks later and would like to be back on trt dosing.

I only notice increased size, no loss of definition on people running it.
How I normally respond as well, I can also eat pure garbage and stay very lean(I have to try to get over 10%)So I am hoping a clean diet and fasted cardio will take care of fat loss. I have ran Insulin with carb cycling and didn't feel it prevented me from losing fat, I'm just curious if the decrease in muscle preservation is worth the increase in fat lipolysis.

If the gh was pharma grade your odds on the cut going well will be better. How many IU of the gh are you running?
Yes I am considering ordering legitamate gh or having my endo fill a script. But I have this; 2-4iu

Good luck man. I assumed your maintenance calorie requirement would be closer to 4000, but if you can manage not going hypoglycemic then more power to you. If you respond well to it then I would say go for it. As far as the GH goes get it from your doc and that shit will melt the fat away even a 2iu a day, and that dose won't be too expensive. Pharma grade gh will compliment the cycle well, but you will have to keep running it for several more months after the cycle for best results, shit I would run it all the time at 2iu daily if I could afford it.

i wouldnt use slin on a cut bud. if youre concerned about preserving muscle i would actually up the test to about 500mg ew plus higher test has fat burning capabilities. if youre worried about bloating from the test just use an ai if youre not already plus since youre cutting youre diet is very clean im assuming so that will also help with bloating. personally id up the mast as well.

i wouldnt use slin on a cut bud. if youre concerned about preserving muscle i would actually up the test to about 500mg ew plus higher test has fat burning capabilities. if youre worried about bloating from the test just use an ai if youre not already plus since youre cutting youre diet is very clean im assuming so that will also help with bloating. personally id up the mast as well.

Previously with cutting I've always dropped weight fast. So preserving 200lb is my main goal. If I drop under 195lb I will up cals. As far as test dose I can go up to 600mg with my script but I don't like running that high of test and tren. As far as mast I have used it at 800mg with high test and tren at 400mg; so I guess I'm just flipping it around to see how this works.

Previously with cutting I've always dropped weight fast. So preserving 200lb is my main goal. If I drop under 195lb I will up cals. As far as test dose I can go up to 600mg with my script but I don't like running that high of test and tren. As far as mast I have used it at 800mg with high test and tren at 400mg; so I guess I'm just flipping it around to see how this works.

why dont you like running test that high with tren? do you have trouble controlling sides?

I've cut with slin before, prepping for a contest actually but it was with quite a bit of test in the mix, a bit of dnp (for the igf-1 synergy with lantus) and quite a few more calories than you are running so I don't know how directly my experience would translate to yours.

If you're chasing 5% I don't think you need to mess around to slin to be honest, when I did it I didn't have a coach and was trying everything under the sun (based on lots of reading/research and no actual experience)

Now that I've tried/done it, I would sub that lantus (which is expensive unless you have a RX for it, by the way) for a coach and run a better-thought-out, professionally-constructed & tested cycle (and possibly training program / diet but I'm not saying yours are horrible)

why dont you like running test that high with tren? do you have trouble controlling sides?

I felt like acne got worse. As far as estrogen, thats never an issue now; my arimdex is compounded into the test so if I bump it up then arimdex is also upped; and then I keep oral form on hand when I want to dry out. I haven't seen any benefit over certain amount of anabolics. If I'm losing weight on 800mg of tren... then I am not eating enough. Not because I am not taking enough. I've taken over 3g of AAS, health sides out weigh what it might be doing for me cosmetically.

I've cut with slin before, prepping for a contest actually but it was with quite a bit of test in the mix, a bit of dnp (for the igf-1 synergy with lantus) and quite a few more calories than you are running so I don't know how directly my experience would translate to yours.

If you're chasing 5% I don't think you need to mess around to slin to be honest, when I did it I didn't have a coach and was trying everything under the sun (based on lots of reading/research and no actual experience)

Now that I've tried/done it, I would sub that lantus (which is expensive unless you have a RX for it, by the way) for a coach and run a better-thought-out, professionally-constructed & tested cycle (and possibly training program / diet but I'm not saying yours are horrible)

I get what you are saying man, but I have an endo to aid in planning my cycles out haha. I have talked to some of these guys who "professionally" plan cycles.. not saying they are all like this but jesus I just wanted to laugh at some of the theories/protocols they put together and health isn't always of priority which it is for me. I'd be impressed if anyone monitors there health as closely as I do. I also have a trainer I have been with for six years who knows my body better then me when it comes to training.
With that said I know some guys are gurus and have amazing protocols!

I like your DNP comment, been using clen but that could be a neat combo to try out.

I'm glad to have your personal experience though and hell I might be bumping calories up in the next week haha. Like you; I enjoy experimenting based on research and insight from my endo, I seek other opinions sometimes because I pay my endo to monitor my health and make sure longevity is kept in mind.

You have to expect to lose more than 5lbs to get down to around 5%... and to stay at that bf% for more than a few days is not comfortable and is when internal organs can start having issues

If you are at 8%, 5% is possible... but not in 4 weeks and not with slin... give yourself a reasonable timeframe like 8-10 weeks

Sorry bro, but someone has to have a clear head on this thread

You have to expect to lose more than 5lbs to get down to around 5%... and to stay at that bf% for more than a few days is not comfortable and is when internal organs can start having issues

If you are at 8%, 5% is possible... but not in 4 weeks and not with slin... give yourself a reasonable timeframe like 8-10 weeks

Sorry bro, but someone has to have a clear head on this thread

No I appreciate that feedback man! I've always been trying to bulk so this cutting thing is a learning experience for me.
This is my take if I don't maintain 200lb then I just dropped bf pounds and IM water/LBM/or something. So my bf % didn't go down drastically. Or I rather just kept that bf and add a pound of lean mass.

But it seems the general consensus is slin is better saved for a bulk. So I will hold off on it and see where weight goes.

Back