Leaning towards Anavar, need advice

ENDEE666

Hey all.
I been floating around the forum for a bit now & tho this is my first actual post, I gotta say the site is awesome. I am finally deciding to try out a cycle for my first time. I will try to keep it brief & just give my goals, background, etc. So far I am leaning towards Anavar based on what I read & have heard from a couple guys who used it.
History:
Been out of the gym for a bit. I make it in there a few times a month but no real schedule or routine. I have worked out off & on for about 4 or 5 years. So not exactly a newbie. My biggest was 210 lbs, 48" chest, 34" waist. Current is 195 lbs, 44" chest, semi-lean. Pretty flat abs, but no six pack. I am about 5'9"-5'10" by the way. As far as supplementation history, no anabolics. I have messed with standard run of the mill stuff like creatine (years ago. didnt really like it) and of course protein shakes & vitamins. Probably the closest thing I have tried was Animal Stak, mostly Andro & some GH stimulators. I really liked that product the most so far. Looking to take it up a notch & go back hardcore & see quick results.
Goals:
Not looking to be huge by any means. I wasn't that comfortable at 210 cause I lost flexibility & mobility. I would like to stay around my current weight, numbers wise, but bigger arms & shoulders. The rest of me I just wanna cut. I wanna have pretty cut abs, but not grossly cut. And I wanna square off my pecs. Legs wise I have large & strong thighs, but I want some size in my calfs too. And I dont really like bloating (why I didn't like creatine) unless it goes away after the "pump" wears off. Looking for lean. And no injectables!

So my questions are: Is Anavar right for me? What are the differences between real Anavar & Oxavet QV (anavar)? And what kind of dosage & cycle should I do?

Thanks alot, I look forward to the feedback!
Nick

Why no injectables? Does it seem more wrong to use injectables?

You usually need a pretty hefty dose of anavar to get much benefit, and it often isn't cheap. It certainly wouldn't be by first choice. I don't know much about orals because I just don't much care, but I think that d-bol or eq might be recommended for you if you insist on not using the best steroid: testosterone. I'm sure the others that are more knowledgable will punch in and give you the rundown, however.

If you are going to do orals alone, Anavar is really the only thing I would recommend. I have used it alone before and it worked great, and didn't shut me down that I could tell. I ran it with 5g of Tribulus ED and Avena Sativa, and Clomid for post cycle therapy (pct). Dosage was 40mg for 8 weeks. Worked nicely, however I would recommend you try a real cycle with Test. Do a search and you'll find tons of threads explaining why oral only cycles are not a great idea.

What can of Var is it? I would use it at 40mg for atleast 10-14wks. Go find spa anavar if you can find, and afford it.

See its the price thats my main deterrent.. But I like its low level of side effects. I dont want: bloat, acne (i break out on my back sometimes as it is..), hair loss, bitch tits or any extreme amount of aggression. I'm already a bit on the hostile side.. lol

As far as why I am anti injectable, there's a few reasons. One, most of the injectables I have read about tend to have more of the side effects I listed above. Two, the safety of needles and where to get ones you can trust for sterility & not catching any diseases from them. Three, the knot I have heard people getting in the ass cheek after injecting. Four, I just dont really know what I'm doing with needles, I know how to take a pill...

Tell me more, or lead me to more, info on pure Test.. And what the best one would be for my goals listed above & avoiding the side effects listed as well.

Thanks guys

I did a var only cycle a while back, got a lot stronger but you really need to take test with it, and ALWAYS do post cycle therapy (pct), anavar will supress you (I did)

Hey ENDEE666,

I started out pretty much like you... being very very careful. I read up for a couple of years before I started my first cycle. I did an anavar only cycle and saw so-so results ...strength gain was pretty good but it shut me down and decreased my libido. overall what it did was make me want to do another cycle because I felt like it was a waste of time. i had little to no gain in size.
i did Winstrol (winny) only cycles and low dose deca and primobolan depot cycles. they were all ok but you want to feel like you actually gained something when you're done..not feeling like you got jipped.
you're a big guy too ...40mg of anavar won't show drastic results.
if you want to stay low dose w/ something go with 250-300mg of test a week. I saw pretty good results with it alone. if you stack it with anavar also it'll be a decent cycle...just don't start lifting crazy amounts of weight too fast ... you'll mess up your joints.. ligaments and tendons. And remember anti-e and PCT.
about using needles..don't worry about that. It's scarey at first but you'll overcome it and learn very fast... it's not that difficult.

ENDEE666 said:
See its the price thats my main deterrent.. But I like its low level of side effects. I dont want: bloat, acne (i break out on my back sometimes as it is..), hair loss, bitch tits or any extreme amount of aggression. I'm already a bit on the hostile side.. lol

As far as why I am anti injectable, there's a few reasons. One, most of the injectables I have read about tend to have more of the side effects I listed above. Two, the safety of needles and where to get ones you can trust for sterility & not catching any diseases from them. Three, the knot I have heard people getting in the ass cheek after injecting. Four, I just dont really know what I'm doing with needles, I know how to take a pill...

Tell me more, or lead me to more, info on pure Test.. And what the best one would be for my goals listed above & avoiding the side effects listed as well.

Thanks guys

Doing var is fine if side effects are your main concern, but just remember var is expensive. Injectables are not that bad bro.....use deca or eq....I find these to have a very low side effect profile. Most of the concerns you have come from lack of experience...You can pick sterile pins all over the net, so diseases should not be a problem. I would keep on reseaching various cycles before you make your decision.

Well my main concern is sterile when it comes to injecting. And my main concern with any of the stronger injectables & stuff is the acne and tits. But in addition, I guess being so new to it, all the stuff you have to take during & after it is kind of intimidating..

So whats the pro's & cons of test or deca? And how much should I do? To be honest, I see ok results even from the andro I have taken. I grow kinda easy when I'm in the gym on the regular. Good genes I guess. I want that extra edge to see the results quicker...

Guide me oh wise ones..

With proper precautions, you have nothing to worry about when it comes to sterile injections. I inject every week, as prescribed by my physician (HRT).

Gyno is an easy problem to handle with a resonable testosterone only cycle: easily controlled with Nolvadex.

As for acne: yes, that can be a problem depending on the individual. I'm only on HRT and my acne on my back is very bad; much like when I was a teenager prior to using Acnetane.

The orals are very hard on the liver and THAT is a huge disadvantage.

300-500mg of long ester testosterone (cypionate or enanthate) per week (split into twice/weekly injections) for 8-12 weeks is a great beginning cycle.

I guess I am one of only a handful of people on this site that think you need to get the rest in order first. I do not subscribe to the theory that steroids should be used as a crutch for inferior diet and training....I went that route and made that mistake. The short cut to gains is not the right answer IMO.

As for a Anavar (var) only cycle, it WILL shut you down, regardless of what you think or feel. Anytime you interfere with your HPTA, you are getting what we call "shut down." So post cycle therapy (pct) is a must. If breakouts concern you, then you might have a problem running clomid for post cycle therapy (pct), and I personally think involving clomid is the only way to go for post cycle therapy (pct) (in conjunction with other things as well).

Getting your training and diet on point will do more for you than 40mgs of Anavar (var) will.

BTW, 40mgs of Anavar (var) made me lighter in the wallet and that was the end of it. If I ever make the mistake of trying it again, the dose will be substantially different. I only mention this to show that what works for some fails to do much for others. Let's get that diet and training going before worrying about this side of things shall we?

Swellin said:
I guess I am one of only a handful of people on this site that think you need to get the rest in order first. I do not subscribe to the theory that steroids should be used as a crutch for inferior diet and training....I went that route and made that mistake. The short cut to gains is not the right answer IMO.
I think that, on this particular board anyway, many of us really do agree with this. It sometimes frustrates others, but oh well. Guys like that just won't ever get it.

Actually my diet is pretty good. I dont go as far as some do, keeping a journal or weighing out my portions, nor do I set clocks of exactly when to eat. However, I eat pretty clean. Chicken, lots of tuna, turkey, beef, veggies.. I try to keep the protein high & the carbs moderate. The no carb thing did not agree with me, so I still leave some in there. Mostly whole grains & stuff.

And my training splits are usually good. When I go in the gym hard, they get even better.

Like I said, I just want that little extra something. Not looking for a pill or injection that will replace a workout, just one to enhance it...

So if I decide to go injectable, and acne is a concern for me as well as shut down & having to take too many things to counter-act the product I choose, What route should I go?

Thanks fellas

Gyno from testosterone is easily handled, but acne is a different story. Many guys are fine, but some guys get acne like they are teenagers again. No magical cure. Perhaps Anavar isn't such a bad option, if you can afford it. But I'm not much of an expert on orals.

you'll end up doing a few orals here and there and then eventually switch over. Same thing happened to me .. its just the more effective way to do it.

Sterile needs can be bought at research-ology i belive, or get-pinz.com

::ressurecting thread::

i was just wondering what dosages of test you guys would recommend taking with a 40mg/day doseage of Anavar (var) ?

i will be starting my Anavar (var) cycle (10wks) in about 2 weeks, any help is appreciated, thanks!

Last year I ran Sustanon (sust) 500mg ew with 40 mg of anavar. But the amount of TEST you should use is dependant on your cycle history, goals, and stats......so why don't you post them to get a meaningful response. And while your at it,,,,,start a new thread on your topic.

Back