legal question

copracr

Amateur Bodybuilder
i am curious about this- i live in the U.S. (where personal freedom and dignity are sacrificed for the common vote), and was interested in becoming a radiologist. would getting caught with illegal Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) jeopardize a career in this field? would it be considered abusing prescription drugs or what?

Gaining admission to medical school is hard. Having a felony on one's record won't help, but I'm not even sure that Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) possession is a felony rap or not; I would think it is.
On a lighter note, are you aware that your handle, "copracor", could be interpreted from the Latin as something along the lines of "shit heart?"

I don't know but I'll bump for you. I can tell you that the California Bar makes a "moral character" determination that is pretty strict. I doubt I would be admitted to practice law if I had a conviction for possession of controlled substances, but I'm just guessing.

Yes. All medical practitioners are held to a higher standard of ethics... getting busted with Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) can be a felony... also, it can show some sort of propensity to steal and sell these drugs once you are in your medical profession...

I would think if you were busted PRIOR to going to medical school, you'd stand a better chance... especially if there was not a felony involved... I do know a few attorneys that have prior felonies... but they were 10 years in the past, and they have since lived amazing lives in helping their community.

If I were to get a DUI, I could lose my Law license... an Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) bust could definately get you suspended from practicing medicine, or even kicked out of med school.

C-ditty

i don't have any priors, (well, i do have four disorderly conducts, all misdemeanors) i was just trying to make a risk assessment as to whether or not it would be worth it to do anything at all.

btw, buffdoc, i had no idea since the only latin i know is 'cogito, ergo sum'. i am wondering what the latin words are that make up copracor and why i've got to be shit heart? i was laughing my ass of when i read that though.

Back