legs every 4 days?

bones93

Do you think it would be over training to hit them every 4 days?...Maybe go one day heavy and one day light with higher reps. I have really slacked on my legs wich I hate to say but I need to really be serious with them. I am looking at competing in about 1 year and dont want this o be a weak link.
Any help appreciated.....
thanks

You can try it out for a month or two to see if your body is responding to the work out.... but I would just kick legs in the ass real hard just once a week (but that is just me)

If you do not do squats do them now. You will get bigger legs faster, then if you were to do leg press.
Try the legs every 4 days too see how it works with your body.
What kind of split will u be using if you were too do this?

You can do them twice a week, but you have to cut back on volume and intensity. Shouldn't be a problem, just don't do 15 sets till failure 2x a week.

jcp2 said:
You can do them twice a week, but you have to cut back on volume and intensity. Shouldn't be a problem, just don't do 15 sets till failure 2x a week.

IMO i think legs should be worked all at once, once a week. but everyone else here is right on... If you cut intensity levels, and dont go to heavy both days, you should be fine

Friscochick said:
IMO i think legs should be worked all at once, once a week. but everyone else here is right on... If you cut intensity levels, and dont go to heavy both days, you should be fine
I know Bill Starr has squat workouts that are 3x a week, i doubt you are going to overtrain on it, he is one of the best strength coaches in the country, you just have to adapt your workouts, and back off from failure.

I trained my legs 2x a week one time. I was "on" and I wanted to see how I reacted to it and I went heavy on mon and light on fri. I don't do that again I still to high intensity once a week. That's right though, you gotta squat!!!!!

split will be something like this......
sun...legs, arms
mon.....shoulders
tue........back
wed......chest
thu...legs......................

I will try it out and see how it works......disgusted with myself for neglecting them but I should be ok with about a little over a year tp go...
Thanks for all the help

BTW...............What type of routine think would be best.......

4x10-6 squats
3x10-6 leg press
3x10 leg extension
3x10-6 SLDL
3x10 ham curl
4x12 standing calf
4x12 sitting calf..................then on 2nd day less volume?

Not that routine. if you are going to do legs twice a week keep it short and simple, you can not do a standard bodybuilding routine twice a week. Way too much volume. Also don't take the exercises to failure. If it were me i would do somethig like this.

1 squat 4x5
extensinon 2x10
sldl 3x10

2 squat 3x10
hack squat 2x8-12
leg curl 3x8-10

rjl296 said:
ive been using it for 6 weeks- everything is worked 2x/ week, and im up 6 lbs of muscle- while losing 6 lbsof fat

Thats great, how far did you back off the weights in the beginning, i had to back off quite a bit to finish everything and get all my reps.

I think i def need to try a little less...I did 4x10-6 squats
3x10 leg press
and 3x10 extensions

When I went to do arms....supersetted DB curls with dips
I got sick as shit and dizzy...I thought I was going to pass out...

The above routine looks good. I think I'll give it a shot...
thanks again for all the help

another thing to consider is that your body can handle the extre load for a while but eventually you will party to much, miss to much sleep , get stressed out or sick then bam you are overtraining

jcp2 said:
Thats great, how far did you back off the weights in the beginning, i had to back off quite a bit to finish everything and get all my reps.

i was training wsb right before, so i hadnt even done half the exercises in a long time. so i had to guess. took a couple of weeks.
but yeah, the weights are a little lighter than i hoped at first, but my strength is always going up.

rjl296 said:
i was training wsb right before, so i hadnt even done half the exercises in a long time. so i had to guess. took a couple of weeks.
but yeah, the weights are a little lighter than i hoped at first, but my strength is always going up.

Tommorow is my firt lower body day, i am scared lol. I haven't performed half the shit before. i am subbing high pulls for cleans though. I think it will help my dead much more.

Back