Letrozole discontinuation followed by Tamoxifen mandatory?

200lbs

Hi,

I'm currently on a blast cycle and my nipples are getting a little sensitive and swollen. I'm already taking cabergoline 1mg a week so it must be estrogenic.

I have some Letrozole in hands so I started with 1/8 of a 2.5mg pill a day, now increasing the dosage to 1/4 of a pill, and will continue to increase it until it stops being sensitive. I know, I know, Exemestane is a much better option, and I will get some for my next blast but right now Letrozole is all I have.

My question is, should I take Tamoxifen (Nolva) after I stop with Letrozole, or a slow gradual discontinuation is enough to avoid the rebound effect?

After a lot reading I still don't know exactly what to do here, cause ppl seem to have so many different opinions. I much prefere avoid taking Nolva cause I know it significantly decreases your IGF-1, while increasing your PRL, tho I will do it if necessary.

Thanks!

No, that was 4 days after (I took 0.30mg/day for 3 days).

What I'd really like to know is if I should take Nolva after I stop with Letro, or a gradual discontinuation of Letro would be enough to avoid rebound estrogen.

Thanks!

No, that was 4 days after (I took 0.30mg/day for 3 days).

What I'd really like to know is if I should take Nolva after I stop with Letro, or a gradual discontinuation of Letro would be enough to avoid rebound estrogen.

Thanks!

You can take the Nolvs now if you think you have gyno or are worried that you won't be able to continue to manage estradiol during your cycle and you want an insurance policy/

zbut you should get Aromasin or Arimidex for the rest of your cycle. You need an AI while on cycle.

But I'm already taking Letrozole, the most potent AI that is.

I'm only worried about what to do when I stop taking Letro because of the rebound effect. Should I only gradually discontinue it, or should I also take Nolva when I stop?

Thanks!

what mega is trying to explain is that you don't just stop taking an AI (letro in your case) mid cycle. an AI is meant to be run the entire length of the cycle. if you continue with letro for the rest of the cycle, you run a great risk of bringing your e2 too low which is an absolutely terrible experience. he recommends you continue the rest of your cycle with an AI like exemestane, or anastrozole instead of letro because letro is too strong.

to answer your other question, yes run nolva as a preventative measure ALONG WITH an AI.

@jozifp103

Thanks, I get it now!!!

I'll get some Exemestane then, that way I won't have to deal with the rebound effect. Would you say 12.5mg EOD is a good dosage (keep E2 under control)?

And just in case... is 0.5mg anastrozole an equivalent dosage?

Thanks!

Back