Looking for a tricep excercise

Killin

From the Infernos of Hell
I'm trying to find a movement to hit the inside part of my tri (closest to the body). I know thats a hard part to hit and have heard the close reverse grip bench will hit em well, but i'm unable to do those at the moment so i'm just looking for some other ideas.

Ny favorite tricep excersize and the one that has given me the most benifits is incline bench skull crushers. I bring the bar down behind my head for a good stretch rater than to my forhead.

I't skind of like a behind the head raise and skul cruscher combined.

close grip bench\reverse grip bench \ skull crushers (if your elbows can handle them ...do them at higher reps)\ and pushdowns.

mister69 said:
close grip bench\reverse grip bench \ skull crushers (if your elbows can handle them ...do them at higher reps)\ and pushdowns.

Thats exactly my problem im having. I had elbow reconstructive surgery a little over a year ago then i just had shoulder surgery about 3 months ago. i used to do skull crushers and close grip benching all the time, but after the surgerys its hard for me to do them as much. so thats why i was looking for some other movement to supplement in to give the bows a break. was wondering if changing my grip (widening/narrowing) on push downs would make a difference. anyways thanks for the input, more opions/tips are welcome. keep em comin.

i put in pushdowns at high reps every once in a while to save my elbows. As for reverser grip i do them with a wide grip and it works well. You have to mess around with the exercise to see where you can get the motino the best.

honestly heavy benching frys my tris...and that is how my tris get nice and thick

although i havent done pushdowns in Eons i think they area good idea to do them in the way that 69 said..higher reps to get some blood into the elbow and preserve the joints..the bread and butter should be from Close grip work

blackbeard said:
although i havent done pushdowns in Eons i think they area good idea to do them in the way that 69 said..higher reps to get some blood into the elbow and preserve the joints..the bread and butter should be from Close grip work

Yeah, looks like the consensus is that close grip is the way to go. guess ill have to hit the push downs for a while and hope that eventually ill be able to do the close grip work again. thanks again for everything.

if your gonna do skulz try a decline bench.the angle just seems to put less on the elbows foe me.yes the hammer db's work good and cg bench.

My favs.

Close Grip Bench
Reverse Bench
Dips
Skull Crushers

If you have elbow problems I would ditch the skulls, but the rest should be okay. Do some light weight, high rep warm ups to get some blood flow into the area and warm up the elbow joint.

My mainstays:
Close grip benches, 2 arm overhead dumbell

My finishers/if I feel like them movements:
Pushdowns (15-20), 1 arm overhead dumbell (12-20), "Tate" presses (10-12)

Mudge said:
My mainstays:
Close grip benches, 2 arm overhead dumbell

My finishers/if I feel like them movements:
Pushdowns (15-20), 1 arm overhead dumbell (12-20), "Tate" presses (10-12)

"Tate" presses? what are these? i'm not sure i've ever done em.

Derexan said:
terry tate comes in and beats the shit out of you after every set

Oh ok, got it, guess i already have done these.

come on though what the hell these "tate" presses?

image021.jpg

Back